It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin drives truck to open bridge link with annexed Crimea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just read this on The Daily Star from Lebanon. After seeing it I just smiled, I don't know what it is about Putin but I do like the way he portrays himself as action man. Now he has opened the bridge linking Crimea with Russia by driving a Kamaz truck over it. Putin just is the man

"THE KERCH STRAIT: Russian President Vladimir Putin, driving a truck, unveiled the auto section of a new road-and-rail bridge linking Russia to the annexed Crimean peninsula on Tuesday, defying Ukraine which said the move showed cynical disregard for international law."

Total classic
Regardless of east or west or whatever politics is going on in the world right now don't you just love Vlad

www.dailystar.com.lb...
edit on 15-5-2018 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Just read this on The Daily Star from Lebanon. After seeing it I just smiled, I don't know what it is about Putin but I do like the way he portrays himself as action man. Now he has opened the bridge linking Crimea with Russia by driving a Kamaz truck over it. Putin just is the man

"THE KERCH STRAIT: Russian President Vladimir Putin, driving a truck, unveiled the auto section of a new road-and-rail bridge linking Russia to the annexed Crimean peninsula on Tuesday, defying Ukraine which said the move showed cynical disregard for international law."

Total classic
Regardless of east or west or whatever politics is going on in the world right now don't you just love Vlad

www.dailystar.com.lb...

The man takes land masses like Hitler and people cheer?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Total classic

www.dailystar.com.lb...

He tells it like it is.

“Da, is Russia, now.” -Putin, probably.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
#GOOOOOOOOO PUTIN

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Total classic

www.dailystar.com.lb...

You do know that Crimea voted to secede from Ukraine and join Russia right? Likewise, you do know that the majority of Crimea's population is Russian, and Ukrainians have never been more than a minority population there, right?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You do know that Russia's own Human Rights Council called that referendum a sham, right?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No. I don't "just love" Putin.

Not even a little bit.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ok you have every right to feel that way, Putin's Russia is not like by everybody. It's just the way he markets himself to the Russian people that I love. A real action man and up for any challenge in the lens of the camera.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Tinfoil I just admire the way he markets himself, the land grab thing is something else. On the other hand much of Ukraine is to all intents and purposes Russian and always has been, Crimea especially fits this category.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Crimea was primarily Tatar until the Russification policies under Stalin.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

..................... and Virginia was Red Indian before Americanisation took place. Things change mate, get over it

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

..................... and Virginia was Red Indian before Americanisation took place. Things change mate, get over it

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

On the other hand much of Ukraine is to all intents and purposes Russian and always has been, Crimea especially fits this category.

Your words. The Russification of Ukraine and Crimea happened less than 100 years ago. How does that equate always being primarily Russian?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There are certain power points on Planet Earth and Moscow is one of them. The peripheral states will always be under their near abroad one way or another, Ukraine is one of them. Regardless of politics I just love the way Vlad portrays himself in front of the camera. He's a great guy

new topics

top topics

join