It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. Jeff Sessions Reverses Obama's Sexual Identity Rule for Prisons.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The "Legacy" keeps getting whittled away

Because that's what it's about , isn't it ?
No care whether it's right or wrong just undo what was done.

Kinda childish really.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is the road that lays ahead of us. Each different POTUS just undoing what the previous one did instead of working out the kinks.
I agree this is childish.
I have a Trans friend that claims to have lost a few benefits as a Navy vet. It is a touchy subject so I didn’t want to bother her with asking for details but I believe her. I trust her with my life.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe because the military is not a social experiment?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Kinda childish really.

it is ?

well if you say so !!

😎🎁🚬

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: gortex

Kinda childish really.

it is ?

well if you say so !!

😎🎁🚬

AP on President Trump keeping his promises to overturn President Obama’s destructive policies
www.whitehouse.gov...

Thought you of all people would have known.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: gortex

That is the road that lays ahead of us. Each different POTUS just undoing what the previous one did instead of working out the kinks.
I agree this is childish.
I have a Trans friend that claims to have lost a few benefits as a Navy vet. It is a touchy subject so I didn’t want to bother her with asking for details but I believe her. I trust her with my life.

As a veteran her rights do not change what people assumed was wrong. The military was never going to pay for cosmetic, reconstructive or plastic surgery. It was always something the soldier had to pay for with their own money. What Obama did was say they could get the surgery done while in the military prior to that they had to wait until they left. The military sees any alterations of your body as affecting combat readiness.

Say they are enlisted for 4 years surgery could re easily make them unable to to the job they are payed for up to a year. In a unit we had a woman decide to get breast implants she had to be excused from normal duty. There was a huge debate on removing her from service. In the end she was within a year of discharge moved to light duty and was barred from reenlistment.

edit on 5/15/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The notches in the stock keep getting carved one by one.

The "Legacy" keeps getting whittled away 😎🚿

He'll only have 1 page in future history books.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He'll only have 1 page in future history books.

And in big typeset.

😎📣

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jeff Sessions with an all too rare display of common sense.
The Obama ruling was utterly asinine and only served to be condescending, pandering, and frankly was cruel and unusual for the real women locked in prisons that potentially would see male inmates moved there. Playtime and fantasy land is over, it's time to return to basic scientific truths: there are 2 genders and they are determined by chromosome pairings. The mental instability and delusional illnesses one suffers from to make them believe they're something different than that pairing are not society's problem, nor should any portion of society be expected to coddle those mental illnesses or delusions... that especially includes the criminal justice system which operates under a very stringent set of rules regarding division of prisoners by genetic gender.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What legacy?
Obama only has cash for clunkers left to remember him by... oh and that he was the first foreigner to be President.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump is fully behind shutting trans people out of the military - he has publicly stated it.

So he should make the "Trans Army" put them on the front line.

They could have a cool meme, "Death from you won't believe"

I love that idea!! Would be great for fighting terrorists... I can just see them now.

Oh # was that a man or woman who killed me?? No 72 virgins.....must have been a woman...but only Allah and their surgeon knows...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Unfortunately the deplorables are in charge at the moment. Hopefully by next term, Trump will go away, and the progress we had been making will continue.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What legacy?
Obama only has cash for clunkers left to remember him by... oh and that he was the first foreigner to be President.

And the free Obama phone... I still see those stands in the hood.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Unfortunately the deplorables are in charge at the moment. Hopefully by next term, Trump will go away, and the progress we had been making will continue.

Eventually it will happen, though I wouldn't place any bets on it for 2020, Kayla. That said, I recognize this is a pendulum. My only hope, since my progress runs opposite what you call progress, is that things will be set back by we "deplorables" far enough that, at worst, the Progressive movement will only be able to play catch-up before they're supplanted again after 4 or 8 years of Dem rule. The status quo when Trump entered was far from what I consider ideal, but it was marginally tenable compared to further "progress" (your brand), so if it's purely gains in the catch-up or re-work variety before the pendulum swings again, we'll survive it.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You give Obama way too much credit!

The Lifeline program, created in 1985 during the Reagan administration, is the only federal program that helps connect poor and marginalized communities to telecommunications services. s

And, about that...

Despite the positive role Lifeline played to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina, the Trump administration's FCC has proposed changes that would sharply alter the purpose and scope of the program, further antagonizing hurricane victims who are still struggling to rebuild.

Before the catastrophic 2017 hurricane season, over 500,000 island households relied on the Lifeline program to stay connected. After the storms, 95.6 percent of cell sites in Puerto Rico were out of service. Although the number has been reduced to 4.2 percent of cell sites, access to Lifeline is instrumental in helping Puerto Ricans recover and rebuild.
The FCC's proposals cruelly and inexplicably threaten to disconnect over 369,000 Lifeline customers in Puerto Rico alone. The FCC's justification for these proposals relies on the pretext that the changes would stimulate investment in broadband networks; but there simply is no evidence that these changes would bring such a result. To the contrary, they would be counterproductive.

Cutting off communication for Puerto Rican hurricane victims is just cruel thehill.com...

So, Trump FCC want to cut off telecommunication to low income Pueto Ricans. MAGA!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

edit on 5/16/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They are cuting off people not using their phone. The rules were suspended during hurricane however now they are removing the waiver. This requires carriers to drop anyone who hasn't paid or used service in 30 days. This also requires service providers to recertify people making sure they are eligible for the program. They basically have to be getting public assistance such as food stamps. If they are ineligible the carrier is to give them 30 days then cancel the phone. What they are not telling you is during disasters free phones are given out eligibility requirements are waived. If you are in a disaster area and want a free phone you can have it at least until waivers end.

www.fcc.gov...
edit on 5/16/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Obama was prisoner-friendly and transsexual-friendly. In his mind, he helped 2 groups with a single stroke of his mighty pen.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Some of those Obama Phones are still active. Active in drug running, using hacked SIM cards.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join