It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. Jeff Sessions Reverses Obama's Sexual Identity Rule for Prisons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
While not surprised in the least I am disgusted that there really are people in these modern times we live in that still do not comprehend how this constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. If you place a person with an obviously effeminate demeanor/appearance in a male correctional facility in general population it would be akin to throwing a wounded puppy into shark infested waters. It's sick and inhumane, especially if the person is incarcerated on a non violent offense.

Say for example a Trans woman is sentenced on a cannabis related charge then incarcerated among savage often mentally ill and violent men then subsequently raped for the next 2 years. Tell me how that's not inhumane and a fate that is not befitting of the crime. Even in segregated housing they still have to worry about the guards sexually assaulting them. The whole prison culture in this country is a disgraceful and disgusting blight on our society. Bottom line point blank period we are doing it wrong, way wrong, immorally wrong. The whole justice system is actually a mockery of justice these days but I'm not getting into all that.

A lot of you don't really understand how the process of being legally recognized as Transgender works so of course you have these kind of compassionless disgusting knee jerk reactions. You can't just say I'm Transgender at your trial then be sentenced to a women's prison. There is a paper trail of prerequisites to having your gender legally changed. Mine is and thank god too that way if they ever find me dead somewhere then at least they will report it as my female name and gender as marked on my DL, many girls do not get that and must suffer further indignity even in death.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

So much for Trump’s promise to fight for transgender and gay people.

He's fighting for where they belong when they commit crimes.

Which should be according to their current gender.

Nah, according to the plumbing they were born with and still have.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No one is “picking a prison”. Unless you think women are picking to be in a women’s prison. You get put in prison according to your gender. If you are a trans female, you should get put in a prison with the other females.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Trump is fully behind shutting trans people out of the military - he has publicly stated it.

So he should make the "Trans Army" put them on the front line.

They could have a cool meme, "Death from you won't believe"

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First, in the matter of trans persons serving in war if they should so choose, the ONLY qualifying factors for service in the name of ones country, are willingness to serve, and the actual ability to be useful in wartime.

I'll agree with you, but a position where you're away from an outpost for weeks means they usually don't allow people who need certain medications. I'll leave it at that.

I think some of the concerns that people opposing trans people being able to actually go to a prison which is correct for their actual gender (because make no mistake, science backs the notion that a person is what they are on the inside, far more than what they represent as visibly)

You started with I think and followed with science backs. I'll assume that's a theory and not scientific fact. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say maybe one day.

Unsophisticated people should either become sophisticated, or butt out. Those with callouses on their knuckles are not fit to comment on these matters, since they lack the education, intelligence, and objective reasoning capacity necessary to make just comment, or for that matter, come to conclusions of any note or importance at all on the matters at hand.

Sophisticated by your standards or who's?

Also, education has room for opinion. The world isn't black and white, we're all going off the same data.

Good luck in your quest for a world everyone agrees and only the people you deem sophisticated have the freedom to have an opinion.

Talk to Elon, maybe those can be the rules for Mars.

Side note, keep that mentality up, and it will only empower those you oppose.
edit on 15-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Trump is fully behind shutting trans people out of the military - he has publicly stated it.

So he should make the "Trans Army" put them on the front line.

They could have a cool meme, "Death from you won't believe"

Or "The Really Really Mean Girls"

edit on 5 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

They were already in the military. The fight is to keep them there.

The policies and regs are/were not limited to those already in the military.

And dangling paid sex change surgeries over their collective heads no doubt seemed quite the too-good-to-refuse incentive.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And dangling paid sex change surgeries over their collective heads no doubt seemed quite the too-good-to-refuse incentive.

They also dangle free or almost free college too. No one seems to have a problem with that.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

They also dangle free or almost free college too. No one seems to have a problem with that.

Yup. They sure do!

And many have expressed problems with that for the same basic reasons: For people who have no other resources/opportunity to attain a college degree, the military becomes their best and perhaps only hope. It does become their "too-good-to-pass-up" incentive.

I've thought about this before, and perhaps that's the reason (or one of the reasons) shop classes and other real life skill classes have been taken out of the schools. Can't have an education too easy to get when we can extort and exploit them instead, right?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Free college being the carrot on the stick they dangle around in High schools is okay though; in this day and age where college prices have bloated to the levels they have making it all the more enticing?

Why would that even justify them being kicked out and denied service?
edit on 5/15/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Free college being the carrot on the stick they dangle around in High schools is okay though...

Nope. And for the same reasons.

Assume much???

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Free college being the carrot on the stick they dangle around in High schools is okay though; in this day and age where college prices have bloated to the levels they have making it all the more enticing?

Maybe because dangly women are unnatural?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is great news.

This is not a change American people wanted.

It was forced upon us by a dictator.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Free college being the carrot on the stick they dangle around in High schools is okay though...

Nope. And for the same reasons.

Assume much???

Then what point are you attempting to make by pointing out the incentive for trans in the military? Does their reason for being there really exclude them for serving and should them we exclude anyone we think only signed up for the college tuition?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: carewemust

This is great news.

This is not a change American people wanted.

It was forced upon us by a dictator.

Weird, I thought this was done by Sessions.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Maybe because dangly women are unnatural?

Define natural and cite your source.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Weird, I thought this was done by Sessions.

Well Supreme Dictator Hussein was the one who forced this upon the American people.

Sessions was giving the choice back to the people.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Then what point are you attempting to make by pointing out the incentive for trans in the military?

That our MIC is corrupt and morally bankrupt and that there is no virtue in their incentives for transgenders in the military.

I did not speak to the qualifications of transgenders serving one way or the other. Only to the ulterior motives of those trying to recruit them.

Does their reason for being there really exclude them for serving and should them we exclude anyone we think only signed up for the college tuition?

Military fitness should be judged the same for all recruits: Mental, physical and emotional fitness to perform the duties of the job.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Then what point are you attempting to make by pointing out the incentive for trans in the military?

That our MIC is corrupt and morally bankrupt and that there is no virtue in their incentives for transgenders in the military.

I did not speak to the qualifications of transgenders serving one way or the other. Only to the ulterior motives of those trying to recruit them.

Does their reason for being there really exclude them for serving and should them we exclude anyone we think only signed up for the college tuition?

Military fitness should be judged the same for all recruits: Mental, physical and emotional fitness to perform the duties of the job.

So we’re not disagreed? Trans folk should be able to openly serve in the military if they’re deemed just as fit as non-trans folk to do so.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So we’re not disagreed? Trans folk should be able to openly serve in the military if they’re deemed just as fit as non-trans folk to do so.

Nope -- we're not disagreed. At least not to this extent. I have a huge problem with one set of rules for some and another set of rules for another. My best guess is that not every transgender person will qualify just as not every other person will qualify, but the criteria for qualification should be the same for all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join