It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Now Threatening to Arrest People Who Make Fun of Their Facebook Posts About Drug Busts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And people will still talk and still have their own thoughts. Damn butthurted society.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They do this and leave all the rapist and violent Dirtbags running around their country doing whatever they want because they are afraid of being called racist

What a bunch of idiots that country has turned into

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
[This seems the decade England loses everything. Freedom of speech, of thought, of autonomy, of their borders, and the church. Looks like a 1% ruling group of wealthy bent on a new world order.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
They do this and leave all the rapist and violent Dirtbags running around their country doing whatever they want because they are afraid of being called racist

What a bunch of idiots that country has turned into

Are you drunk?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is a non thread. In the UK you can say whatever you like and if the site you are saying it on doesn't agree, they have a right to take it down. That's number one, and was done so on the Police website to keep it professional looking.

The more important misunderstanding is that OP thinks that you can be arrested for this. No you can't.
HOWEVER, you can and should be arrested for making direct threats to someone in writing. You can call a policeman an effing twat, they don't do anything [try and watch 'fly on the wall' UK police programs, they get called worse], if you however say 'I'm going to kill you and your family', that's another matter and is actually an arrestable offense.

Putting threats in writing is even worse as they have the evidence right there. You can't get away with a direct violent threat that could very well be put into action. I saw a US clip of someone telling an officer that they know where they live and will kill their family, guess what happened, the cop arrested him instantly and with slightly more brutality.

The same for free speech, it isn't a crime to say what you think about something or someone but as soon as you rouse others to help in committing violence against certain people, it's an offense.

Disclaimer: The above only counts if you are white British. Minorities are at all time allowed to do any of the above because it's raciss to tell them off...or something like that.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Did they delete their facebook? I was going to troll them but the page keeps saying expired. :'(

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Eluding to disrespect being inherently unlawful to silence citizens. Yeah they are getting a nasty email.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The Police are frightened by mere words? Maybe they should spend more time monitoring social media of those idiots who were running over people.....you know actual crimes that kill people.

Time to grow some.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
UK Police are prosecuting people for social media posts. If you make a post they consider grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or false, you have made a criminal post, and are now subject to investigation and prosecution. If that doesn’t frighten you, then you’re too far down the totalitarian track to be saved anyway.

You’ve made your nanny pamby bed. Now you can enjoy laying in it.

edit on 15-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think it might be time to make an official complaint.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadultsWhat a bunch of idiots that country has turned into

there are exceptions but, on the whole, this is true.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Here you go... facebook link
Read the comments, some are absolutely hilarious!
I'm gonna think up a good line or two and troll them as well...and I'm in Britain, so long as I'm not 'grossly offensive' they can't touch me, they should have stated 'grossly' offensive because that is the wording of the relevant law.
Ooh I'm gonna have fun with this now haha!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It’s funny reading some of those comments in the context of members on this thread claiming there is no freedom of speech in the U.K.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It’s funny reading some of those comments in the context of members on this thread claiming there is no freedom of speech in the U.K.

Absolutely

Loads of Brit people giving them stick but staying within the law, it's hilarious!!
I think that constabulary has made itself look a laughing stock, and they don't quite know how to put the fire out now.
Nicking a young lad for personal possession? I thought that died out years ago, cops in my parts don't care so long as you are not smoking near kids or whatever.

EDIT 7.3 thousand comments so far PMSL, I bet tiny 'Wakefield Rural' branch of West Yorkshire police have 5 comments a week on their average posts, and they haven't got a clue what to do now, they've just shamed themselves LMFAO! This is comedy gold!

edit on 15-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just so people know what they are talking about:

From Wikipedia;

"Scope of application

The original purpose of the MCA was to prevent the sending of printed matter, but the scope of the act has been extended to cover electronic communications. The MCA can be used to charge people for comments made via social networking sites that are “racially motivated” or "religiously motivated."[1]
Criticisms

The MCA has been criticised for its misuse as a means to censor free speech. In 2012 an individual was arrested under the Act for saying that Olympic diver Tom Daley let his late father down by not winning a medal at the London Olympics.[2]
Highlighted cases

The MCA was successfully used against Internet troll Sean Duffy who harassed Natasha MacBryde and her family after her death. In the case of DPP v Connolly, the MCA was used to prosecute an anti-abortion campaigner who sent obscene images of fetuses to pharmacists who sold the contraceptive pill.[3][4]"

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Loads of Brit people giving them stick but staying within the law, it's hilarious!!

That's hilarious in itself. The idea that you have to stay within the law when taking the piss out of someone is atrocious.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

To be honest fella I tend to naturally fall into a style which is not 'grossly offensive' in electronic or written communication so the law troubles me not.
I call my member of parliament all-sorts on twitter, warmonger, morals of a victorian mill owner, I've even posted "I'd shed no tears if you and your ilk died tomorrow" but that is different to "I want someone to murder you" it's a fine line I just find natural anyway.

I haven't trolled the police in the OP yet though, still reading some beauty's posted by fellow Brits.
Oh and insults are totally legal in face to face interactions, just 'grossly offensive' posts electronically are illegal.
The guy with the hitler salute dog probably would have been fine if he hadn't also taught the dog to salute at 'shall we gas the Jews'. Probably pushed it there.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes.

Unless they're credible & imminent threats, it is protected free speech.

Basically, if you can't legally use force to defend yourself, it is protected speech vs. a credible imminent threat.

At least that is how it works in the United States. I think criminalizing speech has the precise effect we're seeing play out in the UK.

Human beings need more freedoms, not less.
edit on 5/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I posted a thread about UK police threatening to arrest people for speaking out against baby Alfie's state sanctioned murder.

What a complete load of hog wash!! You posted tabloid nonsense about some made up "state" sanctioned murder from a right wing Christian group. The police threatened to arrest people who were sending death threats to the people working at Alder Hey Hospital and talking about storming a Children's Hospital, they were NOT threatening to arrest people for talking about Alfie!! Maybe you should try sending death threats to your local hospital and see if any one "over-reacts". In America you'll be lucky if your not shot!!
edit on 15-5-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join