It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BCSO releases animated timeline of Parkland shooting and other updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Some updates on the Parkland FL shooting: Broward County Sheriff's Office released an "animated" timeline of the shooter's route through Building 12. Animated, in this case, doesn't mean cartoonish, just so we're clear about that. Included in the video is a running clock, showing how long the shooter spent on each floor of the building in addition to his route. The video was presented at a meeting of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission, which is an investigative body created after the shooting and tasked with analyzing the events that lead up to and during the shooting and making recommendations to the state. My understanding is that the commission has been given subpoena power.

Information about the commission.

Other updates: many of us are aware that exterior surveillance footage of the building had been released. Many of us, including myself, expressed dismay that the video as it was released made it difficult to tell where Scott Peterson was in relation to Building 12. It now appears that, at least according to "experts" (in quotes because I don't know who the guy interviewed is, so I don't know his bona fides) asked to look at the video that Peterson was not only directly outside Building 12, but appears to have identified that the shooting was coming from the upper floors of the building when he arrived. Peterson claims that he thought the shooting was coming from outside, but video clearly shows Peterson looking up and pointing to the upper floors of Building 12. Peterso n's story.

Surveillance video analyzed by FoxNews experts:

Same video also discusses the training and policies at BSO.

This article illustrates some of the chaos during the response to the shooting. At least one officer went to an entirely different location in the area due to poor radio directions. Other officers weren't checking in on scene because they couldn't broadcast due to heavy radio traffic.

Finally, this article discusses what the commission has done so far and what they plan to do in the future. Of particular note already is that teachers were unable to lock their doors from inside the classroom. In order to successfully lockdown their classrooms, the teachers had to open the doors as shooting was ongoing and use a key to lock the doors from the outside.

Hadn't seen much about the incident lately, so I figured I'd throw a bunch of updates into one thread for the board.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Shamrock6 because: botched the title

edit on 14-5-2018 by Shamrock6 because: added link i forgot

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't mean to be indelicate but one well placed shot could have ended this. It's not very PC but I am sure they have an AED in the school, how about a weapon in a case in the office. In case of mass murder break glass. It beats the hell out of waiting on the cops.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Not really germane to anything in the OP, but yes, generally speaking shooting somebody who is committing a mass shooting is a good idea.

Thanks

edit on 14-5-2018 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is there any surveillance floating around, or is it just this artist rendition?
I can't find anything around the net.
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I was simply looking at the time line.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

From inside the school? Not that I know of. The commission has multiple body camera feeds they’re looking at, but I haven’t heard any mention of interior surveillance.

I’d wager the only way that will get released is through a leak.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I thought there was. I remember hearing something about a time delay to the cameras leading to a delayed response to the shooting.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I meant I hadn’t heard of any being released. You are correct, though. There are cameras inside, and there was something like twenty minutes of delay I think.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is amazing data

Yet, we know nothing about the Vegas shooting and one would think that they Vegas would have more data then Florida

top topics

join