It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller may have broke law dealing with Manafort connected Russian oligarch while at fbi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007

I was alerted to Deripaska’s past FBI relationship by U.S. officials who wondered whether the Russian’s conspicuous absence from Mueller’s indictments might be related to his FBI work.

They aren’t the only ones.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz told me he believes Mueller has a conflict of interest because his FBI previously accepted financial help from a Russian that is, at the very least, a witness in the current probe.

“The real question becomes whether it was proper to leave him (Deripaska) out of the Manafort indictment, and whether that omission was to avoid the kind of transparency that is really required by the law,” Dershowitz said.

Melanie Sloan, a former Clinton Justice Department lawyer and longtime ethics watchdog, told me a “far more significant issue” is whether the earlier FBI operation was even legal: “It’s possible the bureau’s arrangement with Mr. Deripaska violated the Antideficiency Act, which prohibits the government from accepting voluntary services.”

George Washington University constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley agreed: “If the operation with Deripaska contravened federal law, this figure could be viewed as a potential embarrassment for Mueller. The question is whether he could implicate Mueller in an impropriety.”

thehill.com...

Well isn’t this interesting?

There are those on ats and elsewhere that are insistent that connections to Deripaska proves some sort of incredible shadiness.

Now we find out that mueller may have been in charge of an illegal deal with him while he was heading the fbi.

So now we have an invetisgator who was invited involved with a Russian oligarch (and may have broke the law dealing with him) now investigating trumps team for connections to that same oligarch, who is a suspect or key witness.

And somehow, that oligarchs name was left out of the indictment of Manafort.

Just another example in the ever growing list of double standards incompetence or corruption of these investigators

I am sure the very people insisting that Manafort schools connections to Deripaska were terrible will be calling muellers connections to him the same.

edit on 14-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The conflicts of interest are coming out hard and fast now.

😎👁🎯

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Can we just start listing the people that haven't broke the law?
It's got to be a shorter list

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It’s pathetic how desperate Cult45 is to tarnish Mueller.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007

I was alerted to Deripaska’s past FBI relationship by U.S. officials who wondered whether the Russian’s conspicuous absence from Mueller’s indictments might be related to his FBI work.

They aren’t the only ones.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz told me he believes Mueller has a conflict of interest because his FBI previously accepted financial help from a Russian that is, at the very least, a witness in the current probe.

“The real question becomes whether it was proper to leave him (Deripaska) out of the Manafort indictment, and whether that omission was to avoid the kind of transparency that is really required by the law,” Dershowitz said.

Melanie Sloan, a former Clinton Justice Department lawyer and longtime ethics watchdog, told me a “far more significant issue” is whether the earlier FBI operation was even legal: “It’s possible the bureau’s arrangement with Mr. Deripaska violated the Antideficiency Act, which prohibits the government from accepting voluntary services.”

George Washington University constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley agreed: “If the operation with Deripaska contravened federal law, this figure could be viewed as a potential embarrassment for Mueller. The question is whether he could implicate Mueller in an impropriety.”

thehill.com...

Well isn’t this interesting?

There are those on ats and elsewhere that are insistent that connections to Deripaska proves some sort of incredible shadiness.

Now we find out that mueller may have been in charge of an illegal deal with him hives ng him money while he was heading the fbi.

So now we have an invetisgator who was invited involved with a Russian oligarch (and may have broke the law paying him) now investigating trumps team for connections to that same oligarch, who is a suspect or key witness.

And somehow, that oligarchs name was left out of the indictment of Manafort.

Just another example in the ever growing list of double standards incompetence or corruption of these investigators

I am sure the very people insisting that Manafort schools connections to Deripaska were terrible will be calling muellers connections to him the same.

Not sure I understand the argument. Was manafort also trying to get an fbi hostage out of Iran?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ah , Ben Carson.....then , ah ............?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But CNN and MSNBC say that Mueller is a man of IMPECCABLE CHARACTER.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It seems like the deep state is so embedded and have seven ways from Sunday to keep it that way .
Could it be that Flynn was the inside plant ? Muller could be setting on blank 302's to fill in the blanks at the right time .

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So does gowdy, Newt etc...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Can we just start listing the people that haven't broke the law?
It's got to be a shorter list

Ironically, per what's been actually evidenced so far, Donald J Trump... the target of this witchhunt, would be front and center on that list.

Robert Mueller's cavalcade of fail continues.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We've known for a while now that the only proven Russian collusion was committed by Bill & Hillary.

But now we find out that effin' Mueller has a history of Russian collusion? And, Mueller owes Deripaska a huge favor (to the tune of millions of dollars spent helping the FBI)?

Talk about hiring the fox to guard the henhouse. This investigation has gone from being a witchhunt to an outright farce. Mueller might as well hire the cast of SNL.

+6 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I see it a bit differently... I see the "resistance" desperately trying to polish a turd, then accusing those who aren't playing along of "tarnishing" the turd when, clearly, a turd is a turd is a turd.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Lol where in the world does the article state that?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You might have a point.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I see it a bit differently... I see the "resistance" desperately trying to polish a turd, then accusing those who aren't playing along of "tarnishing" the turd when, clearly, a turd is a turd is a turd.

What I see is the left and right desperately grasping at straws for an investigation they have .05 percent of the informatuon on.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Possible, but I would remind you the United States' legal framework is built on proof of guilt being the responsibility of the investigation and prosecution. In other words, you can't throw the Americans who are positioned that no wrong doing took place based on the present lack of anything other than wild accusations and gross speculation into the same bucket as those who are ready to cast Trump out of office based on a huge pile of nothing.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

it almost seems as if he should have recused himself. Although I'd rather have this charade finish on the crybabies terms to avoid two more years of crying and tantrums.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

are you really that lost? Either prove this isn't true, or perhaps it's time to drop the ignorant act and admit, not everything is how you want it to be.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What I see is the left and right desperately grasping at straws for an investigation they have .05 percent of the informatuon on.

you really aren't this dumb are you? This is information about Mueller and a Russian millionaire who helped him out by facilitating a rescue of a retired FBI agent. He spent his own money to help out, so to think that he isn't "owed" something wouldn't be out of the norm.

But the fact still remains that you lefties seem to fall apart every time you are shown just how crooked your people are. (all the while pointing to Trump and claiming he's the bad one)

Your ignorance is front and center displayed for all.

<<   2  3 >>

join