It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal to split California into 3 states has enough signatures to qualify for November ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is a leftist attempt to dominate the senate. They want to gain senate seats. The house will remain the same, but they get 4 additional leftist senators.

The 3 smaller states Draper also suggests that California citizens would be better served by three smaller state governments while preserving the historic boundaries of the various counties, cities and towns.

California: This will be considered the new state which includes Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey and San Benito counties.

Southern California: San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Mono, Madera, Inyo, Tulare, Fresno, Kings, Kern and Imperial counties.

Northern California: This would include the Bay Area and the 31 remaining counties north of Sacramento.

Link

I'd wager that Southern California might actually have a good shot of going red.

OC and SD have a lot of conservatives and the inland empire is conservative.
edit on 14-5-2018 by NorthernLites because: added missing link

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

If 'the people' decide then so be it I say.
I support the wishes of the voters every time.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

If 'the people' decide then so be it I say.
I support the wishes of the voters every time.

Lets split up Florida or TX and make a bunch of red states if that is the game we are playing

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Tim Draper the man who has been proposing this is a Republican.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
But what would be the impact on the Electoral College? Have they thought this through?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This 3-state proposal is the lefts attempt to fight off the two proposals that would give conservatives a vote that counts (The State of Jefferson and The New California Initiative). Nobody heard of this plan until those other two initiatives gained momentum. It has been developed to cause confusion.

Conservatives in California want to break away from the big city liberal B.S., not to have a Northern California that includes San Francisco.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Notice that the lumped "the Bay Area' in with northern California, most of which is pretty conservative EXCEPT the Bay area.

This is possibly a leftist play, after all.

Coming from Northern CA, "the Bay Area" is something that anyone inland despises for its politics. Pelosi anyone?

Still be better representation for inland though... let SoCal go broke and have a renaissance, or revolution, whichever they prefer.

Wonder what would happen with water rights?

So many different issues with this that could go both ways....

ETA.. Bluesjr's post above me is worth pondering over as well, he/she is entirely correct.

edit on 14-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

This 3-state proposal is the lefts attempt to fight off the two proposals that would give conservatives a vote that counts (The State of Jefferson and The New California Initiative). Nobody heard of this plan until those other two initiatives gained momentum. It has been developed to cause confusion.

Conservatives in California want to break away from the big city liberal B.S., not to have a Northern California that includes San Francisco.

Again Tim Draper is in no way a leftist. Not even close.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

How about we just Give Back California to Mexico and be Done with it ! Misery Loves Company I Hear...........

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Notice that the lumped "the Bay Area' in with northern California, most of which is pretty conservative EXCEPT the Bay area.

Coming from Northern CA, "the Bay Area" is something that anyone inland despises for its politics. Pelosi anyone?

Still be better representation for inland though... let SoCal go broke and have a renaissance, or revolution, whichever they prefer.

Without the bay area northern California would be a welfare state.

link   

I'd support that as well if your people wanted it. I'm from Britlandia so have no dog in the fight, I just support voting choices by 'the people' even if I disagree.
Example, I don't want Scotland to leave our Union, but if that's what they decide in the future I'll absolutely support them as new foreign partners.
To me, the people's choice overides anything as a pillar of our civilisation, even if I massively disagree with the majority.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: DISRAELI

How about we just Give Back California to Mexico and be Done with it ! Misery Loves Company I Hear...........

We would loose 14 percent of the entire GDP of the US.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Time to do some homework folks.

First off Tim Draper is a registered republican and has donated for the most part to only republicans. He says he is not really either party buy is literally a registered republican, republican donor and venture capitalist.

California is the 5th largest economy in the world.

They produce 14 percent of technology entire us gdp.

It's fun to make fun of liberals but in reality their cities are the producers of the gdp of the nation.

So for all the whining take a minute to say thank you for paying for the budgets of the rural areas of the country.
edit on 14-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I really don't think the Feds will allow this to happen. It's not solely "the voters" decision. It requires the consent of Congress, and that effectively means ALL voters will have a say in this. Further, if the motivation really is to create more blue states, that can be countered. Split Washington State in two vertically and you have another red state in Eastern Washington, guaranteed. A split has happened only once in American history, and that is West Virginia splitting from Virginia proper during the Civil War. On the one hand Lincoln maintained that secession was illegal, and on the other he let West Virginia secede from the South and come over to the Northern side. I'm not sure we will ever see that situation again.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Right.... LOL

Without support, the Bay area would collapse under it's own weight rather quickly.

Want a map of the Bay area, complete with streets you shouldn't go on because of the amount of human feces and drug needles?

Here You Go

SoCal is the actual welfare state, if you would bother to look it up.

But hey! You are entitled to your wrong opinion, after all!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Wow, it's like if The City of London, that cess pit nest of snakes also known as 'the square mile' became an independent city state we would be crippled economically. Like it or not, we absolutely depend on the traders as an nation economy.
edit on 14-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Right.... LOL

Without support, the Bay area would collapse under it's own weight rather quickly.

Want a map of the Bay area, complete with streets you shouldn't go on because of the amount of human feces and drug needles?

Here You Go

Lol. Not even close. But why do research. Oh no you are right Humboldt county is pouring in the cash.

What does drug use have to do with the gdp San Francisco produces....oh nothing.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Depends on how it gets split, Trump won quite a few Cali counties.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

In this proposal, the Bay Area belongs to Northern California.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Right.... LOL

Here You Go

The Los Angeles and San Francisco metropolitan areas ranked among the top-10 nationwide in GDP in 2015, according to the most recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. A quartet of other metropolitan areas in California – San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, San Diego, Riverside-San Bernardino and Sacramento – rank among the top-50 in GDP nationwide.

In per capita GDP, the San Jose area leads the state at $112,851, almost double the state average, and second-highest nationwide. San Francisco’s per capita GDP of more than $81,000 ranks fourth in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join