It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding Rant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My wife just told me this morning:

“I’m more excited for the Royal wedding than I was our wedding”

I know she’s kidding, but she’s not kidding as much as she thinks she is. Granted, we are stateside and don’t get nearly as much coverage as you do, but with what coverage we do get...it’s annoying. And I don’t even watch tv or hang out on social media. Part of the reason why I stay away is because people are fixated on “celebrities” who don’t care about regular working people.

I always ask my wife why she cares so much about who’s dating who and who’s marrying who and who’s divorcing who and who cheated on who? I just don’t understand the obsession. And even though I don’t care how other people choose to live their lives...I wish they would focus as much effort into their own lives as they do the lives of the rich and famous.

Well...that turned into a bit of a rant. Sorry. Lol

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

While I am on this rant lets talk about the cost. this wedding is going to cost something like £32 million in tax payers money.

I did not know that , put me in the pissed off camp.

Yeah sick of it and can't wait till it's done and dusted , don't care what dress she'll wear , what the cake will be of who is or isn't invited I just hope she isn't pregnant cause I'm sick of Royal babies too.

We sold the Yanks London bridge why not the Royals ?
Special one time job lot offer ... get em while they're hot.
Buy 2 get one free ?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We sold the Yanks London bridge why not the Royals ? Special one time job lot offer ... get em while they're hot. Buy 2 get one free ?

No way. Bad deal. Bigly. #MAGA
edit on 14-5-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is this illusion of fake romance that everyone buys into. The reality is that the monarchy is no different than Kris Jenner and the Kadash clan. They will do whatever it takes to elevate themselves and keep the money flowing. Sure sure, the queen has some duties that she performs, most are just for show. There will always be people that think they are better than others, and there will be people that think they are lower. Anyone that has actually followed their history and story knows that none of them love each other, with the hilarious exception of Prince Charles and Camilla.

On a side note, I was recently turning channels on the tv and saw the show Say Yes to the Dress. I could not believe that wedding dresses now cost upwards of 10K and more. Someone needs to start slapping some sense into these brides. You could take a trip to Thailand (and many other places), have a dress custom made, give the seamstress a big tip, vacation a month and still have money in your pocket for that amount! I've noticed that Prom dresses are going this route too. Ever see how many prom dresses are for sale after prom and sticker shock sets in!

Things like the royal wedding are pushing this illusion of the "fairy tale". It is sickening. Moms and Dads need to remind our children that weddings are marriages are not about the material things, but if they do want to go that route save for a house instead of the wedding!
I am not even joking when I say I spent $80 on my beautiful, classic pure silk wedding dress. The funny thing is, it was so classic and non frilly, our wedding photos still look great, they don't look dated at all.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Not just that but what kind of man puts his wedding date on the same day as the FA Cup Final???

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

No way. Bad deal. Bigly. #MAGA

Buy 1 get two free ?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In answer to you all, especially Otherside and Maxatoria. Stop falling for the royalist BS about how the monarchy brings in millions to the UK. It's a load of hogwash. Tourists come to see the pomp and ceremony that goes with royalty. It couild be Donald Trump on the throne and they'd still come.
It gets me when all the crowds gather at Buck Palace oooing and aaaring and there are no royals there.
Yeah they gather in their thousands on, say troop the colour day but these are exceptions. The royals take more out of the country than they put in. So stop with the royalist BS that they bring in millions into the country.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: angeldoll

I know this will be a shocker, but I wasn't invited to this one.

awww buddy.... you can have my invite if you want.

You are too good to me. Off to buy a hat!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

... that money could pay for a lot of police officers, nurses, doctors or go towards other infrastructure.

You forgot teachers.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Try living in a country where every move of the Kardashian's is apparently of great public concern and interest. The Royal wedding will be over soon enough....the Kardashian's go on and on and on and on...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm not British but I LOVE Harry

Sorry I know you are ranting about them and I totally get it. I am sure it takes over your tvs there. The Royal Family is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. I love reading about them and how they all met. It's quite sweet for Kate and William. I think those two are absolutely adorable! I use to watch Meghan on "Suits" and I love that show so it's so funny to see she is marrying freaking Harry now.

This is how I feel about the Kartrashians on my tv all the time....at the least the royals arent married to Kayne West!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
anyone else in the uk getting annoyed with this yet.

Nope. It has been quite light and subdued coverage. I'll toast them over the weekend.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I’m not sure that is a net gain lol.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
omg...I agree with everything you said.

The 4 Horsemen can't be far behind.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
‘Tis a most glorious occasion.

# 985
edit on 14-5-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The secret plan of the Royals to bring America back into the fold. I mean since they tossed all that tea into the Boston Harbor.
edit on 14-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

My wife loves it. She is having a party, which is awesome because it means I can go to the pub.

I think it's more of a fantasy for chicks to drool over. No man I know gives a hoot.

PMSL!
I'm against our constitutional monarchy anyway, point of principle to me, I don't think we need a head of state even, I'd ditch the monarch from the constitution, turn the house of lords into an elected second chamber, and let whoever is Prime Minister do all the thing under scrutiny of Parliament and voters.
The monarch has few powers, can never really exercise them, and seems a pointless element of government in my opinion.

...but yeah, thanks for the chuckle, I don't know any blokes who give a toss about it, only girls, but I will say I like Harry, he served and cares about those who have served so he gets a star from me.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I would get annoyed if i thought about it so I don't think about it

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol, don't think about it man...it's not like we can change it while most people support our constitutional monarchy!
...but challenge it wherever you can, that's my strategy at least.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The 4 Horsemen can't be far behind.

Yeah , pulling a golden carriage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join