It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making the case against Iran's government.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: nwtrucker
a reply to: Dr UAE

Still, it is not our place.

Perhaps not 'your' place.

Unless you are Iranian, probably not your's either.

Not your place to decide mine. Otherwise your 'irony' kicks in right back at you.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Leave Iran alone. Haven't we meddled enough in that region? Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Lebanon. If there's going to be a revolution...great. Let the Iranians figure it out. Enough is enough. Stop being told what boogyman to watch out for.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: introvert

Israel's a great place Economy is booming, great night life, great culture, centre of the Abrahamic faiths. Things get better there year by year while the peripheral states have gone down and that is all because of Iran. Only when Iran is taken out can the region recover, it's a fact that some naïve people just don't see clearly.

You raise a great point. Without Iran's funding, Hamas and to a lesser extent, the P.A. war funding gets cut off. Without funding the Leaders of the Palestinians will be forced into the Peace Process, kicking and screaming if need be. Iran is the last major exporter and supporter of Hatred towards Israel and any peace effort there. Without money and arms to fund their resistance, Hamas faces a crossroads. Even Lebanon recovers from the violence that has plagued their land for decades with funding cut off to Hezbollah and Peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

I know it doesn't look like it today with all the current events, but Peace can be had if the funding by Iran Ceases.

The alternative is all out Muslim Civil War Shia vs Sunni, where nobody wins.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Leave Iran alone. Haven't we meddled enough in that region? Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Lebanon. If there's going to be a revolution...great. Let the Iranians figure it out. Enough is enough. Stop being told what boogyman to watch out for.

If Iran goes home and stays non-nuclear, then i'm all for your sentiment. If not, I'm not.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Trump will have his war. Time to invest in the war effort! Business as usual....

Halliburton is looking good again.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 14-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump will have his war. Time to invest in the war effort! Business as usual....

You said the same thing about NK....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If Iran goes home and stays non-nuclear, then i'm all for your sentiment. If not, I'm not.

Why don't the States say home? Goose/gander.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Shouldn’t have meddled in Iran’s government the first time, we probably shouldn’t do it again, but it seems America’s new motto is “ what’s the worst that could happen?”

And some people, not fully grasping that statement seem to take it as a challenge.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Iran needs taking out as a regional player, not sure what replaces it but if Iran can be penned into its borders then Arabia, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and the rest can all find peace. Israel is actually making ties throughout the Sunni world, they have much in common and that area in peace has so much potential. As a starter point for civilisation we can see the Israeli effect slowly making its way through the Sunni world as these countries open up to freedom and democracy. This can only happen if the Iranians are taken out. If a modern day crusade alliance of Christians, Sunni Muslims and Jews do the deed and free the world from the evil coming from Iran then so be it

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why don't the States say home? Goose/gander.

Why don't you say that about Iran? I, for one, don't need a ME resurrection of a Persian Empire and neither will Israel put up with it. It IS coming down. Period.

Israel's way or the U.S.'s....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

That is for the people of Iran to decide.

well ive seen lots of riots all over Iran where people call death to Khamenei for the past couple of months and they were faced with force, so the people cant do more than that, so no, i dont believe that the people can decide.

Careful now. We don't need a war in Iran.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

Halliburton and those Super Big Construction firms "Always" do fine. They are the ones who build the Gas and Oil Pipelines from the M.E. to Europe. They don't need wars to make tons of money.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

We don't need to give a s*** about what's best for another country we need to care about what's best for our country and if our country's best interest is getting rid of the Iranian regime and we should be doing everything we can to get rid of it. I'm tired of us focusing on what's good for other people it's time to start focusing on what's good for us

Jaden

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

www.marketwatch.com...

Halliburton and those Super Big Construction firms "Always" do fine. They are the ones who build the Gas and Oil Pipelines from the M.E. to Europe. They don't need wars to make tons of money.

Really...?

www.globalpolicy.org...

Halliburton supply the infrastructure for war....everything from bottled water to portapotties, food services, etc.

link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Dr UAE

That is for the people of Iran to decide.

well ive seen lots of riots all over Iran where people call death to Khamenei for the past couple of months and they were faced with force, so the people cant do more than that, so no, i dont believe that the people can decide.

Careful now. We don't need a war in Iran.

So do we just need a slaughter and imprisonment of the protesters then? As I've stated, it will take a delicate approach to have the Mullahs fall without major violence. That should be a goal to work towards. Doing nothing and sitting on the sidelines hasn't accomplished much for Iran or the World. We know the EU isn't much for self determination as showcased in Catalonia. They care more about Euro's than their own citizens.

Iran, Like every other country, Should spend at least a decade devoted to developing it's own country for it's own citizens.

That crazy populism again..........

link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: pavil

Iran needs taking out as a regional player, not sure what replaces it but if Iran can be penned into its borders then Arabia, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and the rest can all find peace. Israel is actually making ties throughout the Sunni world, they have much in common and that area in peace has so much potential. As a starter point for civilisation we can see the Israeli effect slowly making its way through the Sunni world as these countries open up to freedom and democracy. This can only happen if the Iranians are taken out. If a modern day crusade alliance of Christians, Sunni Muslims and Jews do the deed and free the world from the evil coming from Iran then so be it

Eh? Are you sure about that? I usually agree with your posts but to think that war with Iran is the only option is narrow minded and frankly, it's massively unfair to Iranian civilians. They don't deserve it. Also, the Sunnis are far worse than the Shiites.

Iran is not Iraq. It's not Afghanistan either. It's not Lybia. It's not Syria. It's not Yemen. Iran is a middle eastern power and war with them is only going to end in tears on all sides.

I'm actually quite shocked that you even posted that. I never thought of you as a Hawk...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

Really...?

www.globalpolicy.org...

Halliburton supply the infrastructure for war....everything from bottled water to portapotties, food services, etc.

Really. Halliburton supplies everything you cite whether war environment or normal oil site development.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Israel's way or the U.S.'s....

Good luck with that. Iran isn't a cakewalk like the other countries over there that you haven't been able to take over.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

Really...?

www.globalpolicy.org...

Really.

They do far more than just that. I'm speaking of the Huge Construction firms of the Globe of which Halliburton is one player.

These companies build fricken cities first before they build their mega projects. My Cousin helped build the largest Liquifed Natural Gas Plant in Africa in Angola. they had to build a city to hold all the people who came their to build it. Had to have translators that could speak over a dozen languages. There are a handful of such companies around the globe who can pull off such large projects.

Yes Halliburton provides logistics to Military's but it's just a smaller piece of their overall pie.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Having spent the whole of my life watching Iranian terror whether it be over Lockerbie, Agentina and the attack on the Jewish community, watching it pretty much take over south Lebanon and now Syria coming under their influence, funding Gaza, annual Death to America and Britain state sanctioned days in Iran, funding of terror groups worldwide, the way they treat women and the terrible way they put down their own people when protesting I really don't see the elimination of Iran as a global ideological threat and exporter of terror a big issue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join