It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 captain 'deliberately evaded radar' during final moments of doomed flight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not fond of any of the popular theories about this wreck (they all seem too fantastical), and my gut instinct is that some type of mechanical malfunction led to the catastrophe.

I don't know much about the Triple Seven except that it's actually very very safe and I'm assuming it sets the standards for modern passenger aviation.

I probably would rather fly on a Dreamliner but the 777X-9 coming out next year looks really cool and the X series supposedly incorporated 787 tech so it should be the best big passenger experience yet.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

It's got some really interesting tech on it. I can't wait to see if they can hit the numbers they're aiming for. The new engine is so big that when they hung it on the 747 for testing they had to angle the intake 6 degrees. I got pictures of the 747 testing it near Edwards. It's a monster engine.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What is that the General Electric GE9X ?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yes. They went from a 124 or 128 inch fan to a 134 inch fan.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Omg the Progress D-18T engines on Antonov An-225 Mriya only have a 91.7 inch fan.

Wow I had no idea the GE9X was so unbelievably massive. Damn lol!!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I am amazed by this post...

Not in a good way at all either just so you know!

Are you aware of how ridiculously and inescapably contradictory the articles you're citing and the theory they posit are?

If one is intending to commit suicide as the pilot of an airliner, the absolute last thing you'd do is a soft ditch!

It literally makes no sense whatsoever and actually makes me orders of magnitude more suspicious about this whole incident.

You can try and say, well maybe he wanted to kill himself but not anyone else so he ditched the aircraft and intended for himself to be the only fatality.... You'd be a raging moron and have to assume that everyone you're talking to is even stupider if you actually expect anyone to believe you or those news stories though.

Seriously, take a step back and really think about the narrative you are attempting to promote in this thread!

People have every right and are very much correct to jump all over you for your posts up to this point considering that for someone who "doesn't believe in conspiracy theories".... You're actively trying to push an absolutely ridiculous one as the answer to the fate of MH370!

The narrative you're pushing frankly makes the interstellar wormhole theory look like something came up with by militant fundamentalist followers of the law of Parsimony.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny>>> This is like saying that now we know that the Titanic hit an iceberg and that's what sunk it. They knew from the get go that the pilot turned off the transponder, depressurized the cabin to kill the passengers( minus any accomplices he had on board) and then flew off in the direction of the island of Diego Garcia. He researched that islands runways and eye witnesses identified the jet flying low over the Maldives. Which is in that direction. The authorities DID hem and haw and speculate about the possibility of technical problems or equipment malfunctions or failure and then ran off on a wild goose chase in the opposite direction thus ending any possibility of finding the wreckage. Some wreckage did turn up which pointed to the likelihood of it going down, where? You guessed it, in the vicinity of Diego Garcia. Maybe they'll eventually reveal what or who was on board that plane that made it expendable and we can guess as to why it was brought down. My best theory is it was ditched in the ocean or shot down and destroyed possibly after the pilot and anyone else involved parachuted out. Hopefully he or they took a bullet to the head to clean up any loose ends.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get my computer online and post the pics. It's impressive.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

The said to be sighting is at a time that may been after fuel ran out. If not, it was right as the plane was going down since the sat comm at 1:15 UTC (6:15 local sighting) didn't get a response. The believe is the crash happened near the 0:19 time which is almost an hour earlier, based on the sat comm data.

But who knows...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yes, that was an Egyptair flight, a 777, back in 2011. I recall reading about it at the time and followed up when the detailed reports came out.

Plane was on the tarmac in Cairo and cockpit crew were doing their final pre-flights. Fire started 1st officer's side and (fed by oxygen) spread quickly.

Thankfully plane wasn't already on runway or taking off. All passengers were evacuated safely, but damage to cockpit was extensive. Cockpit crew were unable to control the fire and the airport fire crews had to put it out.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

More pics at this other Link

eta:

Guess they are blocking the image
New pic
edit on 5/16/2018 by roadgravel because: change pic

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks. I remember the incident and I've got the pictures somewhere, but always forget the airline.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Thanks for finding the report and images. Been quite a while since I read up on it.

The discussion in the comments section there is also very telling.

I only remembered it because the cockpit fire scenario was discussed in one of the earlier MH370 threads a few years back.

One of the things that stuck in my mind from the initial news reports was that two of the Cairo airport's fire fighters suffered from smoke inhalation and had to be treated in hospital. (While fighting the fire on the ground, from outside the plane!) The cockpit crew basically had to scram out of there PDQ because it was so hot and the air was so toxic from all the smoke.

So if such an event happened in flight, then the plane could well have continued on its way if on autopilot, even if the captain and 1st officer had had to abandon the cockpit. Once the cockpit was holed it's conceivable the fire might have gone out, and as much of the tech gadgetry (computers etc) to fly the plane are below the cockpit floor they could have survived almost undamaged. In that case, the plane could have gone on its way, whether crew/pax were conscious or not.

edit on 16/5/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get my computer online and post the pics. It's impressive.

Oh please do, I'd love to see them!
Lookin forward to it, oh and tag me so it'll notify my box so I'll find it. Thx!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Any thoughts on this article?

www.indiatoday.in... #close-overlay

Hard to tell the authenticity of the photo, but it seems to corroborate with the Malaysion villager's sighting.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

Photos look to be taken in daylight, when the area was in the middle of the night.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Here's the latest news about this flight and the theory is plausible:

MH370 stowaway theory must be investigated, says aviation security expert: "LONDON: Ten days after the "final report" into the disappearance of MH 370 there are calls for the investigations to continue:

Read more at:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

edit on 8/12/2018 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: manta78
I don't know if it's all that plausible. Maybe it's not impossible but maybe it's so extremely unlikely that is why officials don't consider it, plus I suspect investigators know things they haven't disclosed. I hear conflicting reports of the Captain's state of mind, from he definitely wasn't suicidal to he definitely could have been suicidal but he couldn't leave evidence it was suicide or his family wouldn't collect his death benefits and so on, and investigators likely have more insights into that then the general public.

The problem I see with the stowaway theory is the stowaway would not only need access to the interior of the plane but also access to the cockpit because it appears the transponder was turned off from inside the cockpit not long after the last radio transmission. For anybody besides the flight crew, getting access to the cockpit is supposed to be hard on modern aircraft. Besides the transponder being turned off which is easy, turning off the ACARS is harder and requires more specialized knowledge, so it could not be just any stowaway, but would have to be one with good technical knowledge of the aircraft.

If there's no known evidence of a stowaway revealed so far in reviewing the airport security video, etc, which has obviously already been done, how would they even start an investigation into the stowaway theory if they wanted to? It seems like there's not really anything on which to base the investigation.

I'm not sure about the captain's suicide as I don't think this theory about a fire has been ruled out:

A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

This Egyptair fire shows what can happen in a 777 cockpit fire, and that they DO happen:

Experts believe a fire in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 at Cairo Airport in July 2011 holds the key to the mystery of MH370

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Need some questions answered if anyone can please?

About the auto-pilot, would they have used it so soon in the original flight plan to Beijing? In other words, had they reached their cruise altitude or were they still climbing to cruise altitude?

Can the plane (777) be controlled manually with the auto-pilot turned on? If so, would the plane then just carry on, on its new flight direction or would it turn itself off after manual use?

And about the fire (if there was one), is there a fire extinguisher in the cockpit or on the plane? If there was a fire it must have been extinguished somehow, because i'm sure if it wasn't put out it would have spread bringing the plane down much sooner than 7 hours of flight later. As far as i can see on photos of the recovered wreckage, there are no burn marks, just a little rust on one small piece.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join