It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 captain 'deliberately evaded radar' during final moments of doomed flight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
'final moments' does not fit into the the extensive flight of the aircraft after it had disappeared from radar.
sure, the captain was always a possible suspect, so were other scenarios, but 'evading radar' in the 'final moments' is not one such scenario.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They meant evading radar at the beginning of the flight, not the end.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

If all he wanted to do was commit suicide, it would be a simple matter of flying the route and at an opportune moment push the nose over. It doesn't make sense that he'd go through this elaborate plan, fly to the middle of nowhere, end then ditch as gently as he could if he wanted to commit suicide.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The cabin bulkhead matches the Malaysian color and monitor placement, and the parts that have serial numbers have been matched to the aircraft.
So the debris is MH370. So it was either

Suicide or Suicide terror attack and unless the pilot changed is mind when it was too late he crashed it
Plane had mechanical or electrical problem and the pilot may have tried to save the plane
It was shot down, whether the pilot tried to save the plane or not
Some one remotely crashed the plane

or the plane landed somewhere and the passengers and luggage were off load and the plane was crashed later hence no floating luggage or passports or clothes. Would explain the radar dodging so its destination couldn't be tracked! Far fetched but possible!

This guy claim to have pinpointed the plane
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-5-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed on that, like the pilot of Germanwings Flight 9525 that flew into the side of a mountain.

Just watched the 60 minutes program. One of the guys, Senior 777 pilot and instucter Simon Hardy, on a simulator, after the second engine cut out, has just pulled the plane out of a 'death dive' and the plane now has no engines is now a glider, and this would put it out of the search zone. Any idea how far the extra gliding would take it? Because even 10 miles further make a huge difference to the searching.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide

They meant evading radar at the beginning of the flight, not the end.

that's not what the headline says though....that's my point.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It depends on altitude. The 777 has a 19.26 glide ratio. That means that it travels roughly 3.5 miles forward for every 1,000 feet down (off the top of my head). Lower altitudes it won't go as far, simply because they'll run out of altitude faster.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well spotted smurfy, i didnt notice.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Do you, or I know more than aviation experts? I know I don't....do you? The fact that there are many aviation "experts" that say they don't think that a high impact crash occurred, lends more credibility than you claiming that they're idiots.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

And I can find just as many that say a high speed impact DID occur. It's nothing but their opinion based on what they saw. Hanging the title of expert doesn't make them suddenly infallible. I've watched some so called experts that have said many idiotic things. Just because they're so called experts didn't make their statements any less idiotic.

When an AirAsia fight crashed, the so called experts were pointing at the radar data, showing low airspeed as proof that they stalled. The problemwith that is that radar measures ground speed, which is affected by everything from a sudden climb, to a headwind or tailwind. The radar data showed a stall, but not by showing low airspeed. Experts aren't always right.

In 2005 the FAA sent out an AD that under certain conditions the flaperon could suffer damage and separate from the aircraft in flight. If the aircraft went into a dive, it could have come off in the air in a similar fashion.
edit on 5/14/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/14/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In the other death dive simulation with Simon Hardy where he doesn't pull up, he dropped from 31000 feet, and says they were probably supersonic when they hit the water.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry, don't buy that story. If the guy wanted to kill himself, WHY do so in a way that ends the lives of dozens of innocent passengers? You're telling me this pilot couldn't use some other method?

No way. There was something else going on with that flight. A high profile passenger perhaps? Something valuable in the hold people wanted badly?

There are far too many other things that seriously smell about this case.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How much damage was on the Airbus A320-214 that Sullenberger and Skiles glided and ditched in the Hudson River?
Obviously not a 777, but similar? Sully certainly showed it could be done.

If MH370 was suicide, he would have just plunged it. This conspiracy grew another leg.
edit on 14-5-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Because if it was suicide, it was his choice what he wanted to do and his choice only as to the way he wanted to go about it.

Nobody would know what he was going to do if he told no-one.

Thats IF it was him flying.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Which would over stress the aircraft and could easily lead to it breaking up before impact.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Sully did it under almost perfect conditions. Trying to ditch in the ocean would be a lot harder, especially in the dark. But that aircraft had significant damage to the bottom of the fuselage and engines. The wings and other structures were intact.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Certainly too much damage to make a salvage operation successful, I guess.
However, gliding/ditching would have to be human control. If it just ran out of fuel, it would have nosedived, right?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Not in that case, no. If both engines fail, the Ram Air Turbine deploys. It doesn't provide much power, but it provides power for basic instruments and flight controls.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wow, unaware of that thanks. Still a freakin mystery, eh?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If there was no one flying, then yes, after the engines flamed out, the aircraft would eventually go into a dive. If someone is there, they could potentially fly a pretty long way. Air Transat 236 flew something like 71 miles after the second engine flamed out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join