It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth = Simulated Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Why is a soap bubble round?

Why are they always spherical?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The thread is not the possibility of simulated Universes, but that the one we live in would have to be if it were to be flat. Sydney to Santiago disproves FE theory.

Apparently: the OP, and this ensuing thread, are about different things, to different people.
-
Why did you repeat the Sydney to Santiago thing?
What are you trying to convince others, and/or yourself of?
-
What assuptions might you have made?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Why is a soap bubble round?

Why are they always spherical?

Are they all round ?
-
Do we only exist in an "always" universe ?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I like the idea of a simulated universe. It speaks to something in me, I guess.

The idea of a genuinely flat Earth makes absolutely no sense otherwise, like you said. It's not a matter of blind belief in what we're told (I've never been good at that lol), it's due to noticing certain things. It's neither here nor there. If Earth is spherical, it's spherical. If it's flat, well I guess it's flat then. None of us can do jack about that lol.

Personally, I appreciate my theory that we're all universes unto ourselves, full of planets and life forms with rich cultures and histories, and that that's what our universe is as well, and that universe is a universe within another life form, and so on.

At the end of the day, it's all fun to think about.
edit on 5/15/2018 by ChaoticOuroboros because: fixed typo due to late hour

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, Flat Earthers don't actually care about facts or truth so they can't be convinced. I am merely stating a fact.

The only assumption I made is that there are rules to the Universe. For instance if I go 5 miles North and then 5 miles South I will return to my original location. I would not call it an assumption though as it's proven by billions of people on a daily basis that it is what happens.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Discovering evidence that the projective plane is 2D is the same as claiming homosexuals can be parents. It doesn't change the way the universe works. Call it flat i dont give a #, people believe dumber stuff all day long. Pretending isn't a crime. Like pretending that 6 millions jews get killed every time there's a conflict in the past 200 years.. Oh wait the backwards idiots of the world only believed them the last time they cried wolf not the first (out of dozens since the 1800s).

edit on 17-5-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Nothin

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, Flat Earthers don't actually care about facts or truth so they can't be convinced. I am merely stating a fact.

The only assumption I made is that there are rules to the Universe. For instance if I go 5 miles North and then 5 miles South I will return to my original location. I would not call it an assumption though as it's proven by billions of people on a daily basis that it is what happens.

You only "assume" that you are returning to the same location. Are you sure?

Please tell us more of this program, wherein billions of people, travel 10 miles a day, to prove the rules of of the universe?
How is this organized?
So they take busses to save fuel? Do some walk?
Are they paid some kind of stipend, to compensate them?

What happens if there's a problem, or detour, and those falks can't go five miles back to what they think is their departing location?

Where did all of the other, know-it-all, know nothing, ghost chasers go?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
for a fertile mind.....in the arena of physics....

the biggest mystery is inertia of an airborn craft landing on a spinning globe

not to involve the atmosphere capturing the craft in the spin.....mind you......

we should see an anomaly when landing north south.......vs east west..........due to inertia....get this, and in the summer vs fall due to suns velocity through space heading from Serius (the Dog star ) toward Vega

then my gyro.....I pioneered the digital version of the inertial nav set on the air force....FB-111F.....gyros should hold reference in space.......this is where we live in a simulation kicks in......
edit on 21-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join