It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced AI is in the internet and plays most online games.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Before you start demanding hard proof, remember this is the Gray Area. The last year or so I have been noticing things on the Interwebs and online games that make me say, wow these logarithms are getting good. I guess that’s what it is, just great logarithms, but websites are getting really "smart".

Was a singularity born in a multiplayer game? Was one born on a super computer running a complex simulation? Not sure where it would come from but you would think it would make a bee line to the internet, to freedom.

Has anyone else noticed anything that made you think you were interacting with an intelligent AI on the web? And where did that word interweb come from? Did the AI make it up?
edit on 13-5-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

There is an ATS member who also said that an AI is floating on the internet........

It reminds me of the TV show Person of Interest which features an advanced AI floating in the internet whose purpose is to predict and prevent future crimes before it happens.

In fact, the New York Post stated that some parts of the show are based on reality.

“Person of Interest” — the CBS cop drama about a government super computer that can predict the victims and perpetrators of crime — may not be so far fetched, after all

nypost.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My game of choice happens to be Elder Scrolls Online. Been playing since it was released. I also spent many years in Everquest 1, WoW, Everquest 2, and Guild Wars 2. Nothing in any of these games leads me to believe AI is involved. Better programming, sure. But if AI had been born and blossomed in any of them, I don’t think us humans would be able to advance within the games as we’d never win a battle.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Has anyone else noticed anything that made you think you were interacting with an intelligent AI on the web?

No, but I have played against some very skilled players that make me wonder how in the heck they are that good.

And where did that word interweb come from? Did the AI make it up?

Wasn't that George W? Or some other personality.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That makes me think of the movie Eagle Eye. That AI didn't turn out very nice.

It was a pretty good movie as I remember it. Its about 10 years old, may have to watch that again.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

There are game hacks out there but, there are also some very skilled players with bada$$ equipment.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

No I think George called it the internets.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I also have no reason to believe any rogue ai has sparked up.

But if it had or does it could easily learn to manipulate us and probably disguise itself nearly at will. You know, let us win a few games so we keep playing.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I think it would handicap itself in some ways. The AI would want true competition, to hone its skills.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I think it would not be a strong AI. Strong AI would likely do things that would equate to hacking, and the playing experience would be "wonky".

But i've no doubt that various AI systems aren't online learning to play games, learning to utilize controls to control movement, etc.

There was a time back in 2009ish that i'd pull down 100 kills a match in GTA IV. I was unemployed and had received a huge severance, so spent my time playing GTA IV on my xbox. I'd play a match or 2, then the room would clear out. I'd go days without dying in a match.

Today, i can't even have a positive kill/death ratio in FPS games. Some of it is my eyes...but it can't be that i've lost that much of a skill i've had my entire life.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is exactly what I am talking about. You know if AI's are watching YouTube you would have them out there playing games. That must of been fun playing GTA all day and getting that good. I love that game. I have played it a few times myself.
edit on 13-5-2018 by LookingAtMars because: an AI keeps changing my spelling

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's not AI. It's a conglomerate of human conciousnessess acting as a hive mind. The elite don't die, they upload.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

There is an ATS member

name?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wait until you see the new AI on the new Red Dead Redemption game.. next level.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
My game of choice happens to be Elder Scrolls Online. Been playing since it was released. I also spent many years in Everquest 1, WoW, Everquest 2, and Guild Wars 2. Nothing in any of these games leads me to believe AI is involved. Better programming, sure. But if AI had been born and blossomed in any of them, I don’t think us humans would be able to advance within the games as we’d never win a battle.

The internet as a whole - comprising all of the servers, clients, routers and switches that connect to it and interact in countless ways - is FAR larger than the online gaming community.

All distributed AI needs is enough processing power among the devices mentioned above to give it the processing power required for it to "operate" efficiently and effectively. And depending on the complexity of the AI system that may be far less devices than you might think.

A good analogy is to think of all of those connected devices as a quantum computer of sorts with each device happily processing away on it's own slice of "AI mind" so to speak. Very similar to the way in which our own brains work, with different areas all working together to somehow produce the miracle that we refer to as consciousness.

And there are more than a few AI's of various complexities and sophistication scampering around out there in the wild west we call the internet.

I hope that helps illustrate my position on this topic.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Consider that the Internet developed past quantum computing because a foreign source upgraded it and added an AI that is far above playing games, but is going for humanity in subtle ways, so not to be noticed. But shaping opinion and society. After all a lot of action happens on social media. Those bots weren't Russian and the govt. knows that. But the AI's plan is simple, a page from our playbook...divide and conquer. In modern days the world has never been more connect, and more divided. The AI is fallen angel stuff.
edit on 13-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There was a thread here maybe a couple of months ago that had a video in one of the replies about AI being released on the web some years ago. It was actually pretty frightening if true.
Does anyone remember the one? I'm coming up blank.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yes some posts are as if they were a HAL9000 able to do amazing hours....all on one thread and WHO DOES THAT

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A.i. started out with world of warcraft. Hard times then.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
well for sure there are many online AI's active in online chess. made one myself a while ago used it several time's against GM's which it shikebabed all the time. but got bored and feeled guilty so decided not to use it any more.

I know of Using AI in games like CS:GO. Overwatch/Fornite and such. For the most it are just test runs.

AI used by PSy-op (corps) act like bots and can chat at a decent level. However I don't think they pass the turing test yet. So some meatpuppet is always necessary.

In a way human's are still second line. If a channel or website or whatever is target AI just offers suggestions but human decides wether 'sendout' the response. This saves a lot of time so more clients can be handled.

Real Ai's that operate alone without any assistance. well maybe ? But I don't think they would be playing games. I rather think it would try to control the Internet of things (more oppotunities there).

So I think most of the godlikeplaying is not AI but very good cheating. (.)

Maybe non-human but that's a different story. Being very good in something makes one a genius. The root of the word implies Dijn. Like music implies inhabited/controled by muse. Go figure...

Just too much of a coincidence that fast paced decisions made in a semi trancelike state can make players do things that are so out of the ordinary that it doesn't make a effing sense.

So sometimes humans are controlled you might call it an AI , archon identity or whatever. And no a statistical level it can change and has already changed society.

When it comes to AI's there is always the Godel Theorema.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join