It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyway for a regular person/civilian to track down & actually make contact with aliens on earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Was there any follow up on this? In Denver MSM footage of a UFO and it was stated 2-3 times at roughly the same time frame each day?? MUFON where are you ...any one??

www.youtube.com...

This is the type of follow up im talking about

As I mentioned more than one of the many threads over the years about this alleged Denver sighting, the aviation expert as identified as such by the TV news channel said he could estimate the speed of the UFO by timing how fast it took to move across the panoramic landscape in the video frame -- and he estimated it must be moving at incredibly fantastic speeds (faster than known aircraft) based on the fact that the UFO zipped across that landscape very quickly.

However, the aviation expert really had no idea how far the object was from the camera, and only assumed that it was far away and near the horizon of the landscape. In reality, the object could have simply been an insect very close to the camera, hence the reason for it zipping across the frame very quickly.

Maybe that aviation expert had some knowledge about aircraft, but he showed no knowledge or understanding that objects in video frames near the camera will appear to move very quickly across the frame. An expert on aircraft does not mean he has automatically understands the depth of field in a video.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: AlexDJ

But really.. how did the anal probe myth get so wideapread
(ouch) and popular?

I blame Eric Cartman.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

that was ONE HELL of a huge anal probe.
it was a 5 story satellite dish!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've thought about taking some camping trips to very remote areas, specifically those in the central Rocky Mountains where (if I was piloting a flying saucer) would allow me to travel pretty much all the way up and down the continent without being seen by too many people. If I was at Area 51, that's the way I'd head up to the Arctic.

I might not see any UFOs or aliens, because they tend to be somewhat unpredictable. But I might run into a Sasquatch, or possibly some roving serial killer. In any event, I'd get to spend some time in the great outdoors. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a camper / outdoorsman, so I couldn't go really deep. Hate to end up dead out in the middle of nowhere looking for aliens.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

do you have a deep desire to experience something unusual?

I'm not teasing you.

It seems burned into our DNA.

Kev

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: AlexDJ

Tell the cattle who have their anuses cored out and removed
about this "anal urban myth"!

Mostly teasing there.

But really.. how did the anal probe myth get so wideapread
(ouch) and popular?

Are people closet pervs? Are "aliens" driving around in their
equivalent of an ice cream truck handing out free bait?

All that aside..

you are correct about human DNA.

The aliens could just beam into a "per hour" "love hotel"
and get the dna of hundreds of men (from the walls, etc)
without ever going near a human being.

"UFO theories" usually make zero sense.

Kev

The probe is a medical aspect obviously and it is related to inducing the release of DNA.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

What about the news broadcast with a high speed camera in denver where the UFO made a sharp right turn and disapearred into what looked like a smoke stack ...in the middle of a city!

was this from a few years ago?

A man was interviewed by local news because he was capturing things when filming the city during the middle of the day?

Aircraft experts that viewed the footage said it doesn't seem like anything that flies today that they know of?

Is this what you are talking about

kdvr.com...

There was also an ATS thread about this above.

If that is the Denver news broadcast you are talking about then you have fallen for either complete ignorance on the medias part or a clever deception to raise views by broadcasting extraordinary news.

edit: looks like it was, That case when brought up had me really concerned for Ufology, the lack of critical thinking involved with that case was astounding to me.

edit on 15-5-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

do you have a deep desire to experience something unusual?
I'm not teasing you.
It seems burned into our DNA.

Most people, including myself, are generally looking for a sweet spot between boredom and thrills. On one hand, it could be awesome to go out into the woods away from people so that the wall of my reality bubble thins out because there are fewer people around to reinforce it, thereby allowing these half-real things to creep in. Maybe see a UFO, cryptid, go though a time slip, whatever. I like camping, but haven't been camping in a long time.

On the other hand, I'm older now and I think I have a better sense of how dangerous it is. And not just because of the serial killers and wildlife, or the chance that I could easily fall into a canyon somewhere and just die. The more stories of encounters I hear, the more I begin to think that the people who experience strangeness and come away with a positive feeling are probably misidentifying what they saw or experienced. But the ones who experience real strangeness usually end up terrified and doubting their own realities in very unpleasant ways. For instance, hunters and outdoorsmen who encounter real Sasquatches often wish then hadn't because it makes them afraid to go back out into the woods.

So I don't know. I don't know if I need that kind of excitement.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That's a really crappy way to get DNA!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If I may be so bold, I think that I have observed both of us, over the past
5 years I've been on ATS, get a bit more "down to earth".

And that's good.

Flying with the faeries is fun and all.. but our wax wings melt when we
get too close to the sun. It's not our native realm, as much as the very
confused go on about it.

You know, I offered to summon up another BTUFO while hooked up to
lab equipment (or make a damn fool out of myself trying... that's 50%
likely), and other stupid tricks...

to various of the big names we talk about in awe
and none of them wanted to take me up on it.

I honestly don't think that "science" really wants to figure this stuff out,
and are in fact just playing stupid games with each other, under the
deception of people in intelligence or who have big piles of money;
not to mention the phenomenon.

THIS is why I'm leaving UFOlogy and i'm working on that book finally.
Then, with all that crap out of my system, and go fly fishing.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

THIS is why I'm leaving UFOlogy and i'm working on that book finally.
Then, with all that crap out of my system, and go fly fishing.

Be sure to take a really good camera just in case a Sasquatch shows up for dinner.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well if sasquatch is anything like "MoMo" from the Midwest, I could be dinner. Better bring cold rolled iron shot ammo to disrupt his em field.

Ps

Do you have a "thing" for sasquatch?
edit on 15-5-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
On a serious note you need to read/research Timothy Goode's work I think he made contact
edit on 15-5-2018 by redchad because: Spelling

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Do you have a "thing" for sasquatch?

I do love me some Sasquatch. It has become my go-to for indicating generic paranormal stuff that a lot of people have encountered but nobody has produced any solid public evidence for. I would say "leprechauns," but they just don't have the cultural cache they used to. Sasquatch is right there on the real/unreal border.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Sorry to pimp my own thread, but I briefly mention
Mo Mo Theory
here.

I'm getting to be a sasquatch lover too... same phenomenon as "faeries" just more "manly".

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm getting to be a sasquatch lover too... same phenomenon as "faeries" just more "manly".

Like I said, I prefer my paranormal stuff to be at least plausible, because it's more interesting the more real it appears. Yeah, there are some logistical arguments that make Sasquatch difficult to accept as real, but I've also heard some good counter-arguments. I think one of the biggest things that has allowed me the luxury of not completely dismissing them is understanding just how big and unexplored some areas of wilderness are in North America. There are still crazy large areas of wilderness never seen by a white man, and even some of the land in the United States is very sparsely populated since so many people moved to cities. I also like the notion that these are creatures that have evolved to avoid us, in the same way that we learned how to make bows and arrows and developed written language. So as good as we are at those things, they are as good at hiding from us in the woods. That really helps to add plausibility.

UFOs, however, are a different story. Rather than them being based on something more grounded -- possible divergent semi-human animal species -- UFOs seem to fly in from nowhere. If I wanted to hunt for a Sasquatch, I know where I would go and what I was looking for. I can't say the same for UFOs. There seems to be an element of social isolation to them, but other than that there isn't a specific place or time when they might show up. That makes them less plausible to me. And when it comes to physical evidence, considering the photos and audio and footprints, Sasquatch has much more hard evidence to back it up.

Maybe it will turn out that they're all part of the same thing, but there are significant differences in what is being sought after and how interactions with these things transpire. I just wish I had the time and skills to get out into the wilderness and settle in enough to see either (or both) of them.
edit on 16-5-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well the "sasquatch is a real critter, related to humans" theory is a very tough
one to support.

Sometimes the 'sasquatch' dress up like elves.. sometimes they teleport... sometimes
they leap 35 feet over fences.. they do all manner of things, which makes the
"lost cousin theory" not work.

But I suppose there could be both varieties.. the missing link type and the
common type. Dunno.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So I suppose the first step would be to consolidate all of the reports that sited either a landing site or on/near the ground and scout the location but out of the numerous reports how to narrow it down to a few potential legit sites... globally too so not a small task

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

But the ones who experience real strangeness usually end up terrified and doubting their own realities in very unpleasant ways.

Copy that....You do for a time. But the adventure and adrenaline rush of "the quest" keeps you going back for more.
As a youth you read things like "The Gods of Eden" "Morning of the Magicians" and RAW and think you are so prepared and hip.
But they don't even come close to preparation for what you experience.

edit on 16-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

But the ones who experience real strangeness usually end up terrified and doubting their own realities in very unpleasant ways.

Copy that....You do for a time. But the adventure and adrenaline rush of "the quest" keeps you going back for more.

The completely hardcore and honest people.. a really rare bunch that.. discover
that their theory about who they really are... wasn't what they had assumed..
or wanted so badly..

so once that "false self" is discovered.. and allowed to die.. as it never had much value
anyway.. then you are free to live in the bunny hole all you want..

More importantly, the NEED to live in the bunny hole is also gone.. you can just be
almost anyone.. you might keep doing weird ufo/paranormal stuff out of intertia..
and because you see a crying need to clean that stuff up... as a professional courtesy..
but it's not necessary in any way.

Kev

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join