It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA is a scam - Satellites aren't real or NASA are total thieves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Congrats, man. That's so cool.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: verschickter

The earth has a circumference of 40.075 km (average).

I think you meant to type 40,075 km. Typos like that in numbers are one of the reasons people that spend hours building a huge spreadsheet, have a conniption when their numbers "don't add up" after all of the work they put into it.

And just why did they put the comma key right next to the period key on keyboards?

Decimal Seperators

Since (s)he was referring to km and not miles, the period seems to be more in place than your comma. That's probably why the period is next to comma; period to divide thousands (10.000.000) and comma to separate the decimals (10.000,00).

There you go.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You seem quite happy to use the evil scientists internet did you have that installed in your cave next to your selection of animal fur clothing and stone axes

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: snewpers

AND

I think you meant to type 40,075 km. Typos like that in numbers are one of the reasons people that spend hours building a huge spreadsheet, have a conniption when their numbers "don't add up" after all of the work they put into it.

And just why did they put the comma key right next to the period key on keyboards?

I actually copied this from the German wikipedia page. In my language and MOST OTHERS it´s correct, but since I wrote in english I should have used the english version, yes. Didn´t think of that.

In German you use it like that 10.000,50€ it reads tenthousand euro and 50 cent.

docs.oracle.com...

Actually, it´s more awkward for the rest of the world, the way it´s used in the UK and USA. JUST SAYING!!!!

DENY IGNORANCE

Great Britain and the United States are two of the few places in the world that use a period to indicate the decimal place. Many other countries use a comma instead. The decimal separator is also called the radix character. Likewise, while the U.K. and U.S. use a comma to separate groups of thousands, many other countries use a period instead, and some countries separate thousands groups with a thin space. Table 1-3 shows some commonly used numeric formats.

But yes, I should have used it the correct (but awkward for everyone else) way
edit on 15-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I suppose we have to target for the lowest common denominator of awareness in people.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I study scientific research a lot, I like it. But I see more scientific evidence that shows science is creating bad than I see evidence of science helping the world. We have become a spoiled culture, we waste resources to stimulate the economy and build weapons of mass destruction. If we keep this up, it is only a matter of time till we destroy the worlds ability to provide food for us. Science engineered the big fishing factories in the ocean that over fish areas and destroy the balance. You can't just include rocket scientists and physisists in science, but even their creations do increase the abuse of the environment.

Science is no more evil than a gun can jump up, load itself, pull it's own trigger, and kill someone. Science is a tool... IMO the most powerful tool, knowledge. People are good or evil (usually a shade in between), not science, not tools.

Your gripe is with people... the same people who were using sticks and stones to beat each other long before there were books to tell them how.

TheRedneck

Yes, science is a tool. And the thing is that more greedy people and people who desire power use it to take our money and control us than it is used for good. Profit and continued funding control much of the creations science is finding.

My hype is that we must keep an eye on how science is used, number one, is the science necessary? Glyphosate is a creation of science, the increase in it's use past reasonable practicability is because of greed and misuse of the information. Misuse of scientific evidence has deemed it safe, the evidence was derived from being used in much less quantities, they used that evidence to justify increasing the use ten fold.

Do we need all those satellites in space? Upgrading of technology has increased the cost of medical costs in this country more than anything else in the last twenty years. Doctors used to just make you better, now you have to go through many tests to stay sick.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

You seem quite happy to use the evil scientists internet did you have that installed in your cave next to your selection of animal fur clothing and stone axes

I actually have a real ancient stone axe. I have also had internet and a computer before eighty percent of Americans had them. I also had a cell phone before eighty percent of Americans had one. I prefer to learn things instead of yelling hey google and getting the person who created the software's version of reality,

I would love to have a house built into a cave too, the opening should have a southern exposure though and maybe some hydrothermic heat in it. I could take the heat from water though. I need a real mancave.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Glyphosate is a creation of science

Technically, it's a discovery of science. Semantics? Not really.

Science creates nothing more than knowledge. Everything we discover already existed... it was possible to create Glyphosate (to use your example) before mankind ever stood upright. The things that make a satellite work already existed as well; we simply didn't know how to use them to our advantage.

Our knowledge is not complete. There are still many, many things we do not know... if we already knew everything, there would be no need for ATS, and no need for scientists or satellites to view the extremes of the universe. We would live forever, in perfect harmony with nature and each other. Alas, we're just not there yet. But we'll never be there if we don't keep going. No one ever completed a journey by sitting down halfway through.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There are people who think that all satellites are fake, usually flat Earther's. Here is a typical YouTube video:

Satellites Are Fake Video

The comments are both funny and deeply sad and worrying at the same time.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Classic ATS entertainment!
Thank you, Phage, Zaphod, verschickter and the opposing "debate" team, notsure and zombiezygote, for the morning show. Glad I decided to read this thread today.

edit on 15-5-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Next: The number I posted is not correct because the earth is flat.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

He's German...

In Germany something will cost you $9,99 not $9.99 and they use periods where we would commas to break up large numbers, in measurements, and etc.

(Not figuring out how to do the euro symbol on my smartphone)

You probably also notice that Continental European news stories etc don't use the (MM/DD/YYYY) date heading we traditionally use in the US.

TL;DR: No he meant exactly what he typed and cultural imperialism is wrong mmkay!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It's flerspective... It gets me every time too

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Could be we are living on a giant waffle, syrup side up.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Wait so the op admits to intentionally limited knowledge of technical facts but thinks he could just start a company building satellites.....lolwtf this is the dumbest thread I've read in a long time.

Micro SATs based on technology that's cheap today but cost billions to fund and develop is a thing, things they shoot up into space today are typically cutting edge limited production items not iPhone processors that progress 10 generations over billions of uses first.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie
In most parts of the world it´s like that

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: snewpers

Decimal Seperators

Since (s)he was referring to km and not miles, the period seems to be more in place than your comma. That's probably why the period is next to comma; period to divide thousands (10.000.000) and comma to separate the decimals (10.000,00).

There you go.

So if I understand you correctly, what you're saying is that in those countries where the the metric system is used, they use the period instead of a comma when writing numbers?

I had no idea this was the case. I've never seen it used before anywhere.

Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
US, UK and Thailand use it this way: 10,000.50€
Everyone else uses it this way: 10.000,50€
edit on 16-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I had no idea this was the case. I've never seen it used before anywhere.

Some time take a look at the language settings in your computer.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The inherent human tendency to confuse things never ceases to amaze me.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join