It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA is a scam - Satellites aren't real or NASA are total thieves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

There is a thing called relativity. Maybe NASA spent it's money efficiently, but you have to question if we really need what NASA does. All these telescopes looking for new worlds, is it necessary to find a possible world that we can't ever visit? Yes, there is probably life elsewhere, the chance of this planet being the only one with life in the Universe is nill. We need to take care of it though, these places are rare, we can't destroy it building things we want but do not really need. Humans chase their wants too much. It is hard on the ecosystem.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All these telescopes looking for new worlds, is it necessary to find a possible world that we can't ever visit?

Was it necessary to mess around with radio waves? Was it necessary to do research on quantum physics? What good is it? Oh, wait. We wouldn't be doing what we're doing right now (instantly communicating across the planet) without that research.

That's a funny thing about research, you never know what you'll get, or what it will be good for. I don't like nougat so I'm not going to open that box of chocolates.

edit on 5/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

All these telescopes looking for new worlds, is it necessary to find a possible world that we can't ever visit?

Was it necessary to mess around with radio waves? Was it necessary to do research on quantum physics? What good is it? Oh, wait. We wouldn't be doing what we're doing right now (instantly communicating across the planet) without that research.

That's a funny thing about research, you never know what you'll get, or what it will be good for. I don't like nougat so I'm not going to open that box of chocolates.

Do we really need to instantly communicate across the planet? Do we really need to research quantum physics, it seems that what is created is more for increasing the power of weapons to kill people or make the masses compliant to their nations. Science actually has increased the destruction of the environment, it created equipment to cut down and haul trees faster and created ways of quickly depleting our resources economically which increased waste of our natural resources. How is it that people think science will save us, that is brainwashing. Scientific discoveries have actually made things much worse over the years. You can't tell me that all those radio waves floating around isn't causing any harm to nature and humans.

I study scientific research a lot, I like it. But I see more scientific evidence that shows science is creating bad than I see evidence of science helping the world. We have become a spoiled culture, we waste resources to stimulate the economy and build weapons of mass destruction. If we keep this up, it is only a matter of time till we destroy the worlds ability to provide food for us. Science engineered the big fishing factories in the ocean that over fish areas and destroy the balance. You can't just include rocket scientists and physisists in science, but even their creations do increase the abuse of the environment.

I tend to look at the whole picture, we are a spoiled culture, one that is very wasteful.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

The earth has a circumference of 40.075 km (average).

I think you meant to type 40,075 km. Typos like that in numbers are one of the reasons people that spend hours building a huge spreadsheet, have a conniption when their numbers "don't add up" after all of the work they put into it.

And just why did they put the comma key right next to the period key on keyboards?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You can't tell me that all those radio waves floating around isn't causing any harm to nature and humans.

Heh. Yeah, right. Because radio waves don't occur in nature.

We're constantly bombarded by them and always have been. They come from those stars we're observing, our own star, and our own planet. Lightning creates those evil ELF frequencies. Natural electromagnetic radiation runs the entire spectrum, and always has.

But I see more scientific evidence that shows science is creating bad than I see evidence of science helping the world.
Yeah. Priests and magicians worked out real well for us. Diseases caused by demons. That's the ticket.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: notsure1

An idiot flatearther launched a rocket a while back for like 20 bucks lol
How close to orbit did it get?
Did it reach 17,000 mph?
Because that's what it takes to get into orbit.

do you believe it costs a half a billion just to build one satellite?

I know for a fact it does in some cases.

edit on 5/14/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Why argue with these people? They don't care about your facts or life experience and they certainly aren't ingesting any information you've provided for them to ponder on. They assume they are right about the world and that's all they need.

A friend of mine coined a great term to describe these morons:

The Confidently Ignorant

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

That's one way to put it.
rationalwiki.org...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Magicians used scientific derived scams to fool the people, including psychological research and conditions acquired over generations to steer our perception. Alchemists seem to have always become corrupt over the thousands of years they practiced, now we call alchemists pharmachologists.

Scientific methods created gunpowder and bombs, it was never used to kill anyone. Physicists created the Atomic bombs that threaten mass death to the people. A farmer did not create missiles.

Yes, there are natural electromagnetic waves out there, we evolved with those electric and magnetic waves. They are not the same as the ones we create. Our bodies have adapted and evolved with natural electromagnetic waves.

You tout science is good yet discount all the evidence that does not match your beliefs yet cut down priests that do the same thing you are doing.....using beliefs you hold to discount what you do not believe is pertinent.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yeah you guys go ahead and keep believing a helmet cost 400k and a satellite is half a billion.. It was 10% of that in the 90s to build and launch a satellite.

Why don't you just give it up and move on amigo.

There are people participating in this thread that actually know first-hand that your claims are ludicrous because we work directly in this field (Zaphod and I) or are simply intelligent and well read (Phage).

And never forget the first rule of holes: When you find yourself in one - stop digging!

Actually Phage may work in the field too for all I know. What do you do for a living Phage if you don't mind the question?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I moved along yesterday amigo ...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Yeah you guys go ahead and keep believing a helmet cost 400k and a satellite is half a billion.. It was 10% of that in the 90s to build and launch a satellite.

Why don't you just give it up and move on amigo.

There are people participating in this thread that actually know first-hand that your claims are ludicrous because we work directly in this field (Zaphod and I) or are simply intelligent and well read (Phage).

And never forget the first rule of holes: When you find yourself in one - stop digging!

Actually Phage may work in the field too for all I know. What do you do for a living Phage if you don't mind the question?

Half a billion is still bs.. and so is a helmet for 400k. I dont care what field you work in

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Magicians used scientific derived scams to fool the people,
Psychology maybe. Science has really only existed for about 3 or 4 hundred years.

Scientific methods created gunpowder and bombs
Nope. Trial and error. That's not science.

They are not the same as the ones we create.
They are the same.

I don't claim that science is good. Science is neutral. It's what people choose to do with it that matters. I think we're better of with it than without it. Without science I would not have lived long enough to have a daughter. Without science, my daughter would have not survived her birth.

I admit it. I'm biased.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

But in the process of developing those telescopes that have found extra-solar planets, what other directions have researchers gone off to because of an "aha" moment related to it?

Not all progress, as a result of "unnecessary" is obvious at first glance.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I admit it. I'm biased.

Understandably!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Of course it is!!

It's all about exploration and discovery. It is believed that humans are hardwired to pursue these things and it is the primary reason we've advanced so quickly. Look how far we've come as a species in only 100,000 years. No other creature in history even comes close to that. Hell, no other species can even step onto the playing field with regard to that.

God bless us.

edit on 5/15/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I moved along yesterday amigo ...

Terrific.

So how 'bout them Yankees?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I study scientific research a lot, I like it. But I see more scientific evidence that shows science is creating bad than I see evidence of science helping the world. We have become a spoiled culture, we waste resources to stimulate the economy and build weapons of mass destruction. If we keep this up, it is only a matter of time till we destroy the worlds ability to provide food for us. Science engineered the big fishing factories in the ocean that over fish areas and destroy the balance. You can't just include rocket scientists and physisists in science, but even their creations do increase the abuse of the environment.

Science is no more evil than a gun can jump up, load itself, pull it's own trigger, and kill someone. Science is a tool... IMO the most powerful tool, knowledge. People are good or evil (usually a shade in between), not science, not tools.

Your gripe is with people... the same people who were using sticks and stones to beat each other long before there were books to tell them how.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I admit it. I'm biased.

Understandably!

I'll take this opportunity to add:
Without science my daughter would not be performing the role of Portia in Julius Caesar.

I admit it, I'm proud. She's really good.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You should be proud! Congratulations to her and you!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join