It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUDGE AWARDS $3.5 Million To Tea Party Groups Obama’s IRS Targeted

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Way to go Osama!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I got a chance to talk to the NorCal Tea Party group a while back, they were also big into the State of Jefferson movement. It was crazy how liberal groups all around us have formed LLCs and non-profit groups for political activism, when the rules state a non profit cannot be formed for purely political reasons....meanwhile us little patriots were trying to form a non-profit and were getting screwed over by the IRS...I'm glad a settlement was reached at least.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Quite possibly the most feared agency in the government, unfairly targeting citizens for peaceful political views.

Now admitted to by the US government.

Why is this not front page news on every newspaper/blog/cable news show in the country? The fact it is not tells me there's a lot more to come out.

TheRedneck

The fact that it is not front page news on every news outlet shows that the government has more control over the media than most people thought, even some of us that knew they had some control already.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

I'm pretty sure that the "rules" are that a political non-profit could still operate as a Super Pac, it just wouldn't enjoy tax exempt status.

While the IRS takes its time auditing “political” non-profits, many groups who want to become involved in the political process find that forming a 501(c)(4) is the best way to achieve their goals. Although the organization will be subject to tax on its political activity, the organization is not required to reveal its donors to the public and also can engage in issue advocacy, lobbying and other activity to benefit the “social welfare” of the community without that activity counting toward its “political activity” threshold.
www.jdsupra.com...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Corruption from the Obama administration will be bubbling up from the swamp for years. The important question will be.

Will his worshippers ever stop believing the false narrative that he did only good?

Likely they will be absent on this thread...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join