It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I agree massively.
The US can trust us as allies so if they can make a few quid selling us arms and we save on the development costs I say it's a win win.
Galileo is an absolute scandal with the EU kicking us out of the project after the investment the UK made. They're gonna be screwed though if/when Britain stops access to the ground stations on our soil. I think they'll back down, but I actually hope they don't and we set up our own sat-nav system of satelites.
National pride more than anything though.
edit on 25-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: spelling, I'm a spelling nazi to myself, but not to others, bit like an OCD

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Anyone in the Mildenhall area, 8 A-10s scheduled to arrive there on Thursday, probably later in the afternoon but I don't have an ETA.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And for those of you in the Fairford area, this Friday, three B-52s, believed to be from the 5th BW at Minot, are scheduled to arrive. No word on ETA or length of stay.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Anyone in the Mildenhall area, 8 A-10s scheduled to arrive there on Thursday, probably later in the afternoon but I don't have an ETA.

Mildenhall isn't too far from me about 80 miles or so. At the moment though I've had a lot going on this year with moving and stuff I have barely any internet access nor a laptop to upload photos. I'd bet they would have a fly through the Mach loop at some stage ? Again this year has been gutting for me like I said before too I might be missing RIAT this year due to other commitments and problems.

fairford is a bit of a stretch for me to visit for a quick one off, the hall is kind 'up the road' from me. don't b52s usually make an appearance around this time of the year for an exercise in Europe ?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Trident Jaguar, Unified Vision, Ramstein Guard, and Ramstein Alloy are all taking place in the next few weeks.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Three B-1s arrived at Fairford today. I didn't hear a thing about this one until today. They're part of the 7th Bomb Wing out of Dyess.

The A-10s heading to Mildenhall arrived at Bangor with their tankers. They should be in late tomorrow afternoon.
edit on 5/30/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I saw a mention of the B1s arriving on twitter and automatically thought .. well Zaph did mention those! How did they slip under your radar lol

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Hey, you try keeping up with all the stuff I am, and see if you don't miss something.

I'm almost certain that they sent 5, with two as flying spares. We got into the Dyess area about 10pm, right as 3 C-130s were on final, and began doing pattern work. About an hour and a half later two B-1s came back and joined them.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The A-10s are airborne and on the way. Their ETA is sometime between 5pm and 6:30pm. The KC-10s are CLEAN81 and CLEAN91, the A-10s are TABOR31 and TABOR41. There are 10 airborne (which makes more sense than 8).

Looks like they're scheduled to cross the coast of Scotland at 5:30.

edit on 5/31/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This would have been better and would probably work better :-)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One of the A-10s in the first group landed with a canopy issue.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It looks like 8 arrived, making two flying spares. They cleared 6 oceanic but they apparently snuck back some time after the first AR. One of the aircraft is in D-Day colors. They're scheduled to depart on Saturday.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
RAF Marham is taking extraordinary steps to get ready for the influx of spotters next week. They reported that they're working with local constabulary to ensure the roads are safe, as well as working with land owners around the base to try to open up some areas to safely view the arrival.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The base has worked out agreements with local land owners to open up viewing areas on the day of arrival for the F-35s. The arrival window opens tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Four F-35s airborne. ETA Marham is 1834 local (6:34 pm).

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Looks like weather over the Atlantic got bad and they came back. No F-35s today for you.

RAB

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hi Zaphod,

All the way home or to a intermediate base?

Kind regards

RAB

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RAB

Back to Beaufort. I don't think they got very far before the weather built in ahead of them.

RAB

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'll put the SLR and the massive lens away for now :-)

RAB

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RAB

Looking at the forecast for the base, it's tomorrow, or next week. It's partly cloudy tomorrow, then rain until next Tuesday.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join