It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I'm definitely going to take a ride there one day when I'm not working I'm gutted there wasn't a rest area near the airbase where I could of parked the truck as I've had to stop not far past the base to take a rest break.

I've just realised I'm parked up in an airbase sandwich with Marnham being one slice of bread and Lakenheath being the other

edit on 2-8-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Edit: I think Lakenheath needs to do a deal with the Tesco supermarket chain and have a small supermarket on base .. and have me as their delivery driver that would be so cool
edit on 2-8-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Two F-16s that IFEd in during transit back to the US are departing Saturday morning for home. They finally got a tanker and are set to go.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'll be asleep lol won't get back to my yard until about 1am tonight. My rest days for driving are Sunday and Monday so once I get a full months worth of drivers money I'm going to venture up to Mildenhall/Lakenheath/Marnham on Mondays when I can

Have you heard any info on the viper that was at RIAT, the one that suffered damage during its display ?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They are replacing the stab. I'm not sure if they got permission for a one time flight home though.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Word going around is the B-52 that diverted to Mildenhall could be looking at 3 months from now to get out and back home.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whats taking so long? Or is this normally how long such repairs take

While I'm here, Monday next week is a UK bank holiday do lakenheath and Mildenhall still operate as normal? Finally got a day to myself and was thinking of visiting lakenheath but don't want to go if it's not going to be that active although I'll still go as it's meant to be nice weather and the surrounding area is quite picturesque

edit on 24-8-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Four engines and three pylons need replacing. With the current TF33 situation that's not something you can easily ship to another country and slap on. They'll probably end up hitting a cann bird if any still have their engines. Or one that just started PDM.

It's kind of hit or miss. A lot of times they'll fly a limited schedule, but sometimes they'll operate as normal, except on US holidays.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Unconfirmed word that multiple B-2s are arriving late tonight. No word on how long or what they're doing.

ETA-

DEATH11 and 12 at 0020.
DEATH13 at 0300.
edit on 8/26/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Interesting..... If unscheduled, that is. Any ideas if this seems the 'norm'.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Not unscheduled, they just didn't announce it like they do some deployments.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In to Fairford ? Typical .. back to work now until Saturday which means I can't go anywhere

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

They sent several 747s of equipment ahead of them. They're probably going to be there a couple weeks.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just seen a video on facebook of a B2 landing at Fairford, a few weeks huh? It's almost tempting to drive the 2 hour journey to Fairford catch a glimpse next week. I didn't make it to Lakenheath today, it's been 30+ degree centigrade here in the south east and cold beer won me over

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The local boys came home today.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
89-1068 Spirit of New York
89-0129 Spirit of Georgia
80-1071 Spirit of Mississippi

All arrived at Fairford overnight.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

They haven't given an actual deployment timeframe, but they're part of the bomber taskforce, which usually run around three weeks or so. They left them out last night instead of putting them in a hangar.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
B-52 diverting to RAF Fairford.

MYTEE 51 - B-52 - now in the descent and inbound RAF #Fairford having been in the hold for a significant amount of time burning fuel. Eyes and ears towards Fairford everyone!

Tweet

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Looks like two will be there awhile.

Weather cancellation of his range slot, so probably won't be in long.
edit on 8/28/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Saw Spirit of New York & Spirit of Georgia overhead earlier today , Having never seen one in the air let alone two really made my day today

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yittak

Few pics here

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join