It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Mountain Home F-15s due in this evening heading back to CONUS.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
One cell of Mountain Home birds will be stuck in the UK at least another day. GOLD72 has boom issues and can't refuel them.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
TABOR85 is inbound to Lakenheath, taking the cable. Barrier is being rigged at Mildenhall just in case.

He's one of the two SJ birds that dropped into Bangor with a maintenance issue. Looks like he had hydraulic problems heading into the UK.
edit on 4/15/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Three potential F-16 deployments upcoming. The first is to the UK, beginning May 3rd. The second, possibly to Germany, and the third to Finland.

If sources are correct, Homestead will deploy to Lakenheath.
edit on 4/25/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Texas F-16s mentioned as going to "Central Europe" arrived at the Pease Jetport today.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Man these jets are all boring, where are those space cruisers?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Anyone attending RIAT, the Northrop Firebird will be making its public airshow debut.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yup I'm planning to this year well I'm 75% sure I'm going, I see the update today looks like a nice aircraft. I'll get some pics if I go. One of the participants are two Spanish harriers in the flying display which I'm looking forward to plus the Ukrainians are back with their Su-27s. I'm attempting to do two days

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Eight to twelve F-16s, as CUBE flights, with BOBB91 and BOBBY92 (1 KC-10, 1 KC-135) airborne and enroute. ETA is 1800-1900L.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Twelve F-16s, coded FM arrived. One is the 93rd FS jet, one is the 482nd FW jet.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Screw the F-35's, I wanna see me some big black triangles!!!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The F-16 Demo Team released a new schedule today that has them flying RIAT.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hill F-35As are at Aviano as part of a TSP. The 388th will arrive at Lakenheath around June 28th.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
HODOR51 is diverting into Fairford with an overheating engine. Might see HODOR52 join him. He's over Germany still, but one of the tankers had a bird strike on the runway and aborted. Both are B-52s.

ETA: Looks like he's heading to Mildenhall. Might be making the dreaded 7 engine approach.

ETA2: Two engines shut down, and he's declared an emergency.

edit on 6/17/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Saw it circling over where i live with its tanker , looked like the inner two on the right wing were the affected ones due to the lack of smoke

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yittak

Yeah, they sprayed the #3 pod after he stopped. The crew shut down on the runway, and evacuated, then the ARFF guys sprayed the #3 pod. One engine was overheating, and the other showed a fire warning, so they may have sprayed it to be on the safe side.

ETA: Small fire in the pod on landing.

ETA2: Looks like the overheat was in the #3 pod, and the fire was in the #4 pod. They opened the cowling on #7, and were spraying up into it, but they also sprayed the #3 pod.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'll be there this year, attending on the Sunday. Looking forward to it as I haven't really had a aviation fix for a few years apart from my trip to Heathrow the other week. Had the clutch go on my car last week so cacnclled my plans to head to Mildenhall or Lakenheath at the weekend even though you mentioned it's usually quiet at weekends. What will happen to the B52 at Mildenhall, new engine(s) get flown out ?

Supposedly RIAT have something special planned or they are trying to plan something for Sunday, Friday and Saturday shows have two special fly pasts one being a NATO formation of aircraft and the other the red arrows will be doing a fly past with British airways 747 with the BOAC livery. Neither are happening on the Sunday so I'm betting RIAT have a B-2 doing a fly past on the Sunday which they done a few years ago. I could be wrong but the B-2 use it as a training mission with Fairford being the target, practising a long haul mission starting from the US (Whiteman AFB?) 'attacking' Fairford then flying back to the US
edit on 18-6-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The engines and maintenance crew are probably flying out today for Mildenhall.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

I could be wrong but the B-2 use it as a training mission with Fairford being the target, practising a long haul mission starting from the US (Whiteman AFB?) 'attacking' Fairford then flying back to the US

F**k That, its bearable one way in business class with an endless supply of Gin.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

I could be wrong but the B-2 use it as a training mission with Fairford being the target, practising a long haul mission starting from the US (Whiteman AFB?) 'attacking' Fairford then flying back to the US

F**k That, its bearable one way in business class with an endless supply of Gin.

I'm sure they have a bunk and some sort of toilet what more would you want lol

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join