It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Sorry to keep going off topic, yeah I know what you mean I've already had to deal with pressure like that at my work. I've recently become a fork lift driver in a big distribution warehouse which is something I've never done before so I'm like putting pallets away into storage up to heights of 30 feet but because I'm new and getting use to it I end up holding people up in the warehouse. Sometimes I can hear them huff and puff or say something. I actually had to tell one guy 'Look I'm new to this I'm taking my time .. you want to rush me then you're gonna end up with a pallet landing on you so stop your moaning'

So I'll be taking my time with trucking as all I've driven so far is a small compact car which I drive, I had a driving assessment before I started the the training in a long wheel based van which I'd never driven before but I took my time took it slowly and I was just fine

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

As long as you remember that, you'll be fine. The one time I forgot a couple years ago, I ended up backing into another truck.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone can assist?

Friday evening at @ 6:30pm was in the garden (Just north of Salisbury, Wiltshire UK) and saw what I first thought was a commercial airliner but it was moving too fast. It had four contrails and I thought I could make out swept wings. It was heading south. Quite high up but lower than commercial airliner cruising height.

For some reason I thought it might be a B1 but have no idea if there are any over here at the moment. Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

There are two B-52s there now at Fairford, and on Friday's the Voyager moves to Mildenhall for the weekend. I believe the last of the B-1s went through before Friday, and in transit they wouldn't have the wings swept back far, to be more efficient.

I just double checked and MYTEE93 quick turned the 5th. I'm fairly sure that was the last one. MYTEE94 spent a couple days broke, but left before then and after 7pm.

edit on 9/10/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Thanks. It was not a B52, too fast. What is the Voyager?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It's a tanker. The only thing I can find going over Friday is an E-4B with Mattis on board. They met up with some of the Mildenhall -135s.

Wasn't Voyager, he didn't move until Saturday. I threw it out to one of my groups. I'll let you know if they come up with anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Many thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
USAFE just announced another F-22 deployment upcoming.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
USAFE just announced another F-22 deployment upcoming.

Any ideas where they will be stationed ? Fairford, Lakenheath ?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Not a clue yet. It was just a heads up right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this but thought here is as good a place as any. F-35's on board HMS Queen Elizabeth at night. Pretty cool picture.

More here.....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Unconfirmed word is Friday into Lakenheath for two weeks.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There are currently 12 F-15s and an unknown number of F-18s also scheduled in. The Eagles were thought to be due in today, but didn't arrive.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Forgive me for the stupid answer but why would F-18s be turning up I thought all F-18s were carrier based. Just a stop over then going onto somewhere else ?

edit on 3-10-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Not sure where to put this but thought here is as good a place as any. F-35's on board HMS Queen Elizabeth at night. Pretty cool picture.

More here.....

That photo is brilliant I know you've posted it already but if you ever come across any more aviation related pictures then there is thread called 'Random Aviation photos' feel free to join in
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Great News . Hopefully the Communist Chinese Spy Network there in the U.K. , and in the U.S. , will make a Detailed Report to their Superiors about these Recent Military Developments . Who Knows , maybe Even some Specific Sorties into the South China Sea might be in Order .......Hmm...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They could be off the carrier that's heading in this weekend, or could be stopping over for a fuel stop. The Marines fly their aircraft from land bases all the time though, as well as carriers.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Three tankers airborne, so looks like 18 fighters inbound.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The F-18s are from VFA-136, VFA-81, and VFA-211, which are currently assigned to Carrier Air Wing One, on the USS Harry S. Truman. She's anchoring at Solent over the weekend, until Wednesday. The anchorage area might be shallow enough that they flew some aircraft off as a precaution and to lighten the ship some. It also lets them fly training with other aircraft while she's anchored.

ETA: looks like two aircraft from each embarked unit.

edit on 10/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There's a rumor that Hill AFB may be sending F-35s to Lakenheath next month at some point.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join