It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a community "workshop" for things like metal, wood, glass working pottery etc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh man! put me in a place where old guy's my age can live and work cars and other similar stuff all the time!!
I would fight my damnedest to keep THAT Dream alive!!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I felt the same way, that is why I wanted to do it. Too bad things didn't work out. Worrying about liability is something everyone needs to do in todays world.

If I had gone through with it, I would have had to put in a sewing room for the women and made the restaurant kitchen available to some of the older women so they could get together and make potlucks. Again, liability. It doesn't do any good creating a place like that if you lose it to pay a lawsuit right away if someone gets hurt.

Life sucks sometimes in this new world we have created full of lawyers who have major ties to lawmakers in our Capitol.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You should really look into the maker/hackerspaces in your area.

In my experience, the equipment, classes, programs, teamwork, etc. is limited only by the interests and skills of the people involved. Meaning, depending on the folks involved, there might be a space near you that offers pretty much everything you list.

The one near me is quite extensive and covers everything from CNC to blacksmithing to gardening, with all the industrial equipment involved.

Its kept afloat and funded by membership fees, which run on the order of $50-$75/mo, IIRC.

Also, you might be underestimating just how much a lot of equipment will cost.. Could be wrong too

<< 1   >>

join