It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another experimental progressive album ladies and gents... even better this time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This album is about anyone who has a soft spot for me as an artist but prefers to see me fail, and won't invite me out or to parties etc.

Basically sycophantic friends and/or dogs. They group up like hive-mind. Nasty stuff happened.

Suffice to say I nip it in the bud and conclude the list with extremely quality enjoyment, I guess? You judge me.

I will write about the tracks individually if I can get some encouragement to do so... if people show interest or whatever.

This is the best music I've made I think. I always say that tho.,,, ENJOY!

You must copy link into address bar:

soundcloud.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I value the work you put into this. Although I can´t listen long to them, I imagine this must be how someone in an asylum on drugs must feel like. Sort of. Or like the scene from "The Philadelphia Experiment" where the sailors freak out.

If you like your music and you enjoy making it, you should be proud of that, regardless of others opinions. That´s not to say disregard others opinions, there´s no problem being aware that 99.9% won´t like your music.

I´m into GOA, I can embrace "chaotic" mixes to a certain point but yours is just to heavy for me. I like sorting out the different channels (tracks) and how they intervene with each others over the durance of the whole set.

Keep on being creative

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Thanks mate. The last track is the lightest and with the 'nicest' melody.

I don't take criticism hard on the internet ever. I've been through some # in my life. Words are too easy to let roll over you, like punches for example. Aha.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

Fascinating what this kind of music can trigger ^^. If I´d heard this track during a binch programming session I probably would loose focus and drown in the complexity. Very psychedelic (is that the word?).

But while hearing stuff like "Maitika - Don't Be Affraid", I´ll get stuff done.

edit on 13-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

So this ain't good programming music then? Or do you mean the opposite haha.

And yeah, I compose like a programmer. I have no musical training, but I know how to make the pieces fit. In my lifetime I've easily made over a 1000 tunes of varying degree of complexity like these, though only recently am I fully waking up.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It does not work for me, can´t speak for others.

When the music is just right our senses start to get confused; they feel like Fading Out but in fact what happens is they get stronger, better, faster. This is why Lifeforms has been mutating its way to your receptors with its sonic avalanche. Surrender to the sound and get ready to be sense-upgraded.

^--- this, I need this happening then I get stuff done in 1/3 of the time. First fire up the inner-analyzer with music and then utilize the firework and focus it on what you want to achieve.

I call it hyper-tasking.
edit on 13-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Oh indeed. As a kid listening to Aphex Twin's druqks album, I now realise how lucky I was. I could visualise and possibly mentally feel all the really fast breaks in my head while listening. I was like 9.

I can't do that as much now due to lack of concentration and weaker imagination due to a drug psychosis from the past. I don't trip anymore. I've made music like a madman almost everyday nonstop since the psychosis. It's taught me alot.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What I basically mean, if you can analyse and keep track of 6-8 different channels at once and visualize patterns from, it´s kind of training your ability to multitask.

Hope you understand.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Thank you, I usually do 4 at tops. I'll try more as an exercise!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think you are missing some drops here and there. It makes it easier to establish the new patterns if you have a drop where every channel collapses into and respawns.

If the track is too long or chaotic it kind of hinders the process. Sort of like a dog, if you don´t win, you´ll loose interest.

What I basically do is fourier transformations of waveforms without math via music. I think that´s the best description I ever gave.

Again, just my opinion, don´t let me influence you too much.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

While it's not favorite flavor of music, it's perfect for a podcast filler and that's no insult.

I'm an extreme metal man myself and i'd rather hear your music as an intermission than mine.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Not for me, but when I was in my late teens early 20s I was into Industrial music, which many people did not like. It doesn't matter what other people think, if you enjoy and create things that make you content GO FOR IT!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds like past midnight on Adult Swim. Jay Dilla?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
that's pretty good. i'm not real knowledgeable about the genre but this is nice, perfectly listenable. kinda reminds me of when i used to watch Amp on MTV, ages ago.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is good stuff man. I don't know if you got to check out Smokeriser but I'm going to be showing the other guys your stuff their gonna love it. Great work. Keep on grinding.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LesDillinger

thanks!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Not for me, but when I was in my late teens early 20s I was into Industrial music, which many people did not like. It doesn't matter what other people think, if you enjoy and create things that make you content GO FOR IT!

I agree.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115
This album is about anyone who has a soft spot for me as an artist but prefers to see me fail, and won't invite me out or to parties etc.

Basically sycophantic friends and/or dogs. They group up like hive-mind. Nasty stuff happened.

Suffice to say I nip it in the bud and conclude the list with extremely quality enjoyment, I guess? You judge me.

I will write about the tracks individually if I can get some encouragement to do so... if people show interest or whatever.

This is the best music I've made I think. I always say that tho.,,, ENJOY!

You must copy link into address bar:

soundcloud.com...

sweet. I reposted your tracks on soundcloud. Good stuff👍

-thesoftkilloption

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hey... It's me, Pino.... *waving*

I like the tunes, mannnn...

new topics

top topics

join