It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, the facts that inform the theory'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well I don't ever say evolution is a 'proven science' as you put it, I only say it is a pretty damn strong theory.
As I said, I collect fossils, lots in my area, and with the knowledge of tectonic plates, sedimentary rock formation, fossilisation processes, etc it is a strong theory to suggest the lovely specimins I've collected are 350 million years old.
God did it or something else like that has zero evidence to support it.
Evolution theory = lots of supporting evidence.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have my own personal tribulations that I am in fully support of

I would say that I fairly confident in my assertions. I could discuss my experiences but I have a feeling they would be quickly dismissed by your current mindset. I am certainly willing to try with the full understanding of the ridicule that will follow.

The honeybadger is one of my favorite animals.

What questions do you have or would you like me to start?

My apologies to Raggedyman for this will most certainly be off topic.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Evolution theory = lots of supporting evidence.

Cornish, hmmm
Cornish pasty, from England... Speak English, then bam it hits me, in your side window bio
South West England, you must speak and understand English

So here you go ccg, what is all this " lots of supporting data"
That's my question, if it's irrelevant, beyond you, don't know, fine
Leave it to someone else

I am not interested, just the data, the supporting evidence like Peter Vla said there was

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I have my own personal tribulations that I am in fully support of

I would say that I fairly confident in my assertions. I could discuss my experiences but I have a feeling they would be quickly dismissed by your current mindset. I am certainly willing to try with the full understanding of the ridicule that will follow.

The honeybadger is one of my favorite animals.

What questions do you have or would you like me to start?

My apologies to Raggedyman for this will most certainly be off topic.

Topic, there is nothing on topic, it was never about a topic, just the vacuum of evidence and that has certainly been established

I await with baited breath and no doubt pointless and unreasonable advice should it not be required

The floor is yours CS
Yours and the Honey Badgers of course

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well thank you kindly. The only wish I have is for the ridicule be half-way intelligible and attacking the ideas themselves versus the messenger.

I have no evidence, only personal experiences. I never question the personal experiences of others, just the conclusions of what the experience was. I also realize that I could be insane from self inflicted alt states of reality, the most profound alt experience coming from our wonderful pharmaceutical companies in the form of Zyban.

I believe in the soul. I think the soul has a medium that we just don't understand and is probably past our current scientific models to measure. The soul can communicate through this medium outside of the body. More towards the idea of telepathy versus psychokinesis. I don't dismiss the ability to moving things with the mind, I just haven't experienced it personally. But I am in full belief of 'feeling' another person's soul. Maybe it is all vibrations.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There should be no ridicule, this is a ridiculous bait post. He posted a topic with the intent to "make fun of others lack of scientific knowledge and childlike faith in scientific Wooo". Just another Holier than thou trying to get His rise...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I even think the spiritual could be present, here in this thread. The building of ideas and the emotions/spirituality behind those ideas. The reverberation of the spiritual between souls, between humans, between us. You can even tell if it is the exciting buildup of merging spirituality or the hostility of someone believing their foundations are being challenged.

Haven't you ever 'felt' sexual energy? The arousal while you are merely shopping and wondering what the ####? Then you turn around and find an attractive person standing there staring at you?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
There should be no ridicule, this is a ridiculous bait post. He posted a topic with the intent to "make fun of others lack of scientific knowledge and childlike faith in scientific Wooo". Just another Holier than thou trying to get His rise...

Everyone is free to make of this reality what they will. That is certainly one way to look at this thread. Another way to view this as a wonderful opportunity.

Everyone offers something. It is always up to the receiver as to what they will do with it.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I have met people,who have come across ghosts, demons and aliens.
I can't argue with what they believe they have encountered.
Not that I have ever

I have felt some serious electricity with women I wasn't in a relationship with, other things at times as well, who knows
I can't argue

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Reopening in a few, but please read:
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

No more scoffing and ridicule

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Trolling, 1And What To Do About It
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Sun May 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Evolution didn't cure any diseases, scientists did.

Now, that's not actually true. In natural selection (aka survival of the fittest) organisms that are able to survive against disease pass on those genetic traits to their offspring. There are examples of this if you look.

With the theory of evolution, how do you fit in the children that have genetic faults that prevent them from ever reaching the age of reproduction? If evolution were the only example, these types of genetic defects shouldn't even be present in the human DNA, being breeded out long time ago.

siberiantimes.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Akragon

Evidently evolution has so much solid evidence that evolution doesn't need any more evidence, no I don't get that either

Theres a stack of threads that show things you clearly "don't get"... but as for your question

Sure... We like more evidence, to stack upon the pile...

Plus the fact that we can observe it happening... not that its actually needed

Obviously you've seen this... but i figured we should add a few of your excuses to deny the theory to the first page

Oh come on Ak, that proves nothing more than adaptation.
The word mutant gives it away, those bacteria did not evolve, what they did is mutate, they didn't evolve, they actually lost information
Again, those bacteria lost information, they de evolved, check the research
You are a scientific imbecile, I am sorry, as rude as that sounds, that is a fitting statement, you have no idea of what you have linked, go study the outcome of the experiment
It was not evolution, the bacteria lost information, the bacteria got worse and became weaker

How sad you don't know what you are talking about, no wonder people are so gullible, they believe anything

And having said all that, I don't think you are capable of understanding what I said or the experiment and even sadder, you won't investigate the experiment either

insults aside... coming of course from someone who doesn't even understand the word science

You're saying De-evolution exists... evolution doesn't

Gotcha!

Staying true to form at least

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Guess simplifying things doesn't always work, hey ak
Some people just can't get it

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

so true...

Tell me, what exactly did those bacteria lose in your opinion?

the ability to die because of antibiotics?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
No he said your example you used was for deevolution.
Which is weird because you imply you do not believe in devoltion, which is weird, because you imply that you believe in evolution.
Weirda reply to: Akragon

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

these types of genetic defects shouldn't even be present in the human DNA, being breeded out long time ago.
DNA mutates. Continually. That has a lot to do with why living things change (there are also epigenetic factors). Often the mutations are meaningless (things like 6 toes), often they are fatal. Sometimes, they offer some small advantage. The meaningless things get passed on. The advantageous things get passed on. The fatal ones don't if the organism dies before reproducing.

But DNA mutates. It's not perfect and unchanging.
edit on 5/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What about those DNA defects that have been around for a while? If it were simple mutations, would there be a specific classification for certain defects? Like Progeria or Hutchinson–Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS) where the child usually doesn't live to adulthood.

My appologies for my ignorance here, but do the other primates have the same type of genetic defects? Say among chimpanzees which have 96% similar genomes to humans. Do they develop cancer at the same rates of humans?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Thank you. I haven’t posted a comment in years, and have probably less than 30.

Proof of evolution can not be proven in one reply, yet alone a full page. Evolution happens over hundreds of thousands of years, millions of years. Seems to me the proof you would like is an Ape birthing a human, it doesn’t work like that.
If you truly want proof, I would suggest taking a evolutionary biology course, or buy a book on the subject by a reputable scientist. Or, read for yourself peer reviewed journals on the subject, there is a ton of evidence.

If your looking for examples of evolving today, you’re not going to see it, but it is happening slowly. In thousands of years, if humanity is still here, they will be different than we are today, a slow process.

Logging off...
BtW, this site has gone down the toilet, IMO, it has become a right-wing Christian fundamentalists site, see-ya and good luck...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Man I have got to get advice on your well researched and thought out rebuttals..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I didn’t don’t say Christianity single handedly caused the fall of Rome..

I said their technological advancement went at warp speed until it plateaued after they kinda started shunning the Greek philosophers only to take a nose dive under Christian rule..

When your gods are fallible humans must fix their own problems.. once your gods are omnipotent and control everything . It is up to god if you advance..

That means you do t advance..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join