It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, the facts that inform the theory'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hell yes brother. If you find any other links on how this whole thing is connected, please share. I started down the path of Sheldrake once and got sidetracked. I will need to try it again.

Thank you for your thoughts!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Question back at ya, why does your Bible not mention the many cool Ammonite fossils I collect frozen in time in Limestone rock? Did they get preserved in the 7 day creation claims? Which day did your god do that, the 3rd day maybe?

Oh, and to dismiss any silly claims that I religiously have faith in scientists, nope, I don't, but I tend to believe claims which are verifiable, unlike your completely unverifiable god claims.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I wonder sometimes, have we really ever 'cured' a disease? Have we really cured smallpox or malaria? Hookworm or rinderpest? Maybe eradication is a better word for it, but cured? I wonder, if we cured something, it shouldn't be able to infest mankind again.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yup... we spent 2000 believing the nonsensical stuff you do and made relatively zero progress in science or medicine, but 100 years of evolution and we have cured like 75% of diseases and doubled life expectancy..

You have got to just be trolling as you have no point..

Your OP didn’t make a point.. it just said “I want to feel superior while I make myself look stupid”

You could not find any way to sound more ignorant.
The physicians Desk Reference has doubled in size in 20 years.
They never "cured"polio even they just changed the names to become a half dozen different diseases from the same symptoms. It was a business model for the vaccine industry for Rockefeller.

The reason we live longer is because of sanitation, plumbing and learning to wash your hands after you wipe your butt
The reason we live longer but suffer most of the way is due to green harvesting, soil that lacks nutrients, food that has no real nutritional value, flouride, chlorine, nano biproducts from waste in heavy metals production that gets dumped into water, soil and sky. Toxic vaccination programs from birth on.
Canned foods, bpa, plastics.

A continued dumbed down populace.

Here is a riddle for you that you will never hear because you love to hear propoganda for your facts.
Why do stars that come from 3rd world countries think we americans look sickly and really old for our ages in comparison to their poor families that live abundant, vibrant and productive lives well into their late years? It is because we are a sickly people. We are a living example of evolution in reverse. Our lives today give every reason to a mature AI to let us die so they can correct our mistakes.
You are headlong into the biggest depopulation event this planet has ever witnessed. And you can call it evolution if you want.
I call it an evil plan.
But at the least it mocks your ignorant assertions you use to prop yourself up at the expense of others.
You have this lofty opinion of yourself where you think laughing at others makes yourself look smart or something.
I happen to know that something is insecurity due to an aversion to lie often for personal exploitation.
You seem to want others to think you are intelligent. Why try so hard at only propping up that idea instead of regurgitating the someone elses pre-thought thoughts you either memorized or continually copy and paste in reference?
Your constant laughing at others about things that are not funny makes you seem, maniacal

Holy mother of god .... you need to post more often.

Weaving the story of healthy eating in conjunction with using science with an open mind, are you some type of god?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Well doctors tend to cure people who are sick through treatment, when did prayer last cure cancer without medical intervention?
Oh yep, I forgot, miracles stopped a couple of thousand years ago. Strange that, is god dead do you think or just on vacation?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Religion is the claime of a intelligent, divine supernatural force , usually that controls the universe .

Every one of histories great thinkers stopped doing research at the point they thought god intervened.
Isaac Newton figures out celestial mechanics, but stopped before plotting out the solar system, because “that must be where god comes in”.

Then another scientist figured out the solar system and stopped “because that’s where god comes in”.

Then another scientist figured out the next step and stopped “ because that is where god comes in.”

Here Neil degrass Tyson says it way better than I ever could.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

But I wouldn't dismiss the power of the mind either. Maybe even the power of the mind is more important in healing cases and often times dismissed. I also tend to believe in the energy of humans/soul. I love science but I always approach with an open mind. Sometimes I dismiss mainstream science for fantasies when it feels right.

There is a lot of our history that is being hidden with some major revelations that are needed in regards to evolution. These answers will probably anger both the religious and hardcore scientists. As it should.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Strange how 'power of the mind' cannot grow new limbs for amputees though isn't it. Same with prayer, all gods seem to ignore amputees. Science is equally unable to regrow new limbs for amputees but it doesn't claim to be able to do so.
Stem cell research though who knows the future, but one thing is for sure, if I need a pacemaker I'll take that any day over the power of prayer or the mind.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The reason I get down on the religious is different than yours.

I agree to some extent that religious has stunted mankinds advance, maybe even as much as mainstream science has. But I believe they have experienced something profound for which no answers are readily available from mainstream and even the majority of the new age. I just wish instead of gobbling down pre scripted tools created to enslave those that can experience the profound, they would instead explore this energy before ascribing it to an invisible entity in the sky.

There are other answers out there.

And everyone can experience the profound.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Why should the mind be able to regrow new limbs? Was our human body designed that way? Do we have reptilian DNA that allows us this feat with our exterior limbs? Why not use the regrowth of our organs instead? They tend to regrow, regenerate and replenish, no? The liver is a beautiful organ if the body is taken care of properly.

The power of the mind will always be tempered by the rules of this reality. If that weren't the case, none of us would be here today. We would have extinguished ourselves through ignorance long time ago.
edit on 13-5-2018 by ClovenSky because: spelling...always spelling

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So why bring up the power of the mind then? What can it cure exactly, got any examples that have been studied?
Hell the cost of universal healthcare in my country the current Conservative government would have teams studying 'power of the mind' like a rash. It would save billions.
So got any decent evidence to present about the magic mind or should I just believe your opinion/beliefs?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A) That is a proven fact.. well basically..

It is called the placebo effect .

Most medication allows your body to heal itself. In a lot of cases hypothetically that means your body could have healed itself whenever it wanted to.

I think applying it solely to the mind is a mistake.. it might not even be from the brain. It could be that your Thyroid did it or whatever organ/gland..

B)I hope you understand that the thought that you ignore science whenever you feel like it sounds insane..

Now i am not saying you might not ignore science because the experiment/study was flawed..

But feelings and science are oxymorons.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Question back at ya, why does your Bible not mention the many cool Ammonite fossils I collect frozen in time in Limestone rock? Did they get preserved in the 7 day creation claims? Which day did your god do that, the 3rd day maybe?

Oh, and to dismiss any silly claims that I religiously have faith in scientists, nope, I don't, but I tend to believe claims which are verifiable, unlike your completely unverifiable god claims.

Hey ccg, I am not talking religion, you can get that anywhere from many different people.
You may even wish to start a thread discussing issues you have with creation, that's a good idea
Right now I am trying to understand evolution and why so many people tell me it's a proven science, a proven science I can't get any scientific evidence to validate it, see like you I am after verifiable results
Science doesn't rely on faith, well it shouldn't

As for God, that's faith, sorry, can't really help

You could always just ask God, taste it for yourself I guess

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Please list one example of MS science stunting humanities advancement???

There are literally thousands of cases of religion stunting advancement..

Especially monotheistic religions..

Look at Rome or the Middle Ages..

All romes advancement came from before Christianity and the empire fell less than a century after conversion..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why not? I hope everyone takes what I present with a grain of salt and then proceeds to do their own research. I just like the ideas themselves.

I have no idea what the power of the mind is capable of. I think it is just a huge disservice to dismiss it at this point. Whether the direct experiences I have witnessed both through myself and friends are the result of simple healthy eating and cutting out the poison versus just the power of the mind, I have no clue. But what I have witnessed so far encourages me to continue searching in certain directions.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I have witnessed a lot of your ideas and morals over a multitude of posts.

That you disagree with me gives me great hope that I am heading in the right direction.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Lol, I gave up praying to any gods years ago, and get along quite happy in my faithless life.
I don't even believe in a soul due to lack of evidence, I assume when I die I'll just end up worm food and provide nutrient to the next biological life which can use it.
I don't stress about the origins of life either, creator god = no evidence, evolution = theory based on evidence.
Scientific speculation certainly has more to offer than spiritual inventions based on nothing of substance.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Christinity caused the fall of Rome and next you, we are coming for YOU

Not really, how about that op thing we talked about JC, that's the issue

Not how the Christians overthrew Rome, brought the worlds greatest empire to her demise
Damn, us christians are good, empire conquerors

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well good on you ccg, I am glad you made a decision

I just want an answer as to why I am told evolution is a proven science when I see no valid evidence that's repetable testable and observable
Hence the opening post and question

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So you got nothing to support your 'power of the mind' claims except anecdotal experience and opinion?
Okay

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join