It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins..... A Critical Bible Prophesy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Mention of Revelation reminds us that there is also a general persecution to come before the return of Christ. Perhaps we ought to be looking out for that first.

Your right of coarse, but the "instant destruction" at the end of the verse refers to the start of the "Great Tribulation" which is the persecution you speak of. They dovetail together in sequence.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Even "believers" have varying viewpoints on what is happening/how far away we are from end days. But this comment isn't about them. Doesn't the scoffing and laughter, the verbal attacks from non-believers - doesn't this make you think of Noah building the ark? The Bible says that people will be marrying and drinking, basically life will be carrying on as normal when things hit. It will be unexpected and come from out of nowhere for those who ridiculed believers. My heart is heavy for them.
A time when the believers will look up in eager expectation of what they are seeing while none believers look to have the rocks cover them . It says they will seek death and not find it ... Having a heavy heart for them indeed .

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yeah just how bad will it get ?

Usually if people just want to die, things are really really bad for them.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Your right of coarse, but the "instant destruction" at the end of the verse refers to the start of the "Great Tribulation" which is the persecution you speak of. They dovetail together in sequence.
A few thoughts ...There might or should be a Millennial reign with the Gog Magog aspects . The Anti-Christ is pre-millennial . At the end of the Anti-Christ the other 3 beast kingdoms are allowed to carry on for a time . We seem to be in the pre 4 beast kingdom or maybe in the middle of it . I am not sure the believers go through a great tribulation . I kind of like the pre-wrath way of looking at it . Pre/mid/post tribs makes you interpret scripture in one way or the other .They all have issues but the pre-wrath one seems like a better fit imo eta ..a lecture by Mike Heiser as he goes over the options and some of the problems

edit on 13-5-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am not sure the believers go through a great tribulation

One thing is for sure is that they enter it, what comes out the other side is open to much discussion.

Matthew 24:22

In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Their "flesh" does not need to be saved if they are already in heaven.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: Raggedyman

And that is why we have to back up what we see happening with Biblical prophecy.

Yes we do, we have to go back to the bible
Nothing new will be added, it will be confirmed

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, since I had this posted in a different thread I thought I could put it here too. What's on my Apocalypse watch at the moment.

1 The end of the first 2 days of the "day of Jezreel" prophecy of Hosea and the start of the 3rd. This prophecy predicted that Israel was to be cursed, destroyed, and then reinstated. The destruction lasting 2000 years and the restoration of Israel lasting 1000 years.

2 The fig tree parables. Per Matthew 24 the Apocalypse was compared to fig leaves opening up on a fig tree in the spring. If the rebirth of Israel in 1948 was a fig leaf then the "generation" of Matthew 24 is now on 70 years approximately. The Apocalypse is out of time. Major apocalyptic events would be coming due in the next 2-5 years.

3 The prophesies of Daniel. The prophesies of Daniel are supposed to happen in the end times. Problem is with that day of Jezreel prophecy pushed the end times out by 2000 years. Anything that happened in the BC era would be irrelevant. The prophesies would be occurring at the end of the 2000 year curse.

Now if you compare the predicted events of Daniel with recent history there is several events that seem to line up to prophecy.

Daniel 11-2 the first events of Daniel's Apocalypse.
4 nations/kings would attack from the middle east and one would be richer than the others. This lines up nicely with the 9-11 attacks.
Daniel 8 has the 2nd and 3 events. 2 nations/kings would be conquered in the middle east. This lines up nicely with the attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan.

And a complication. In Matthew 24 we're told of the event that precedes the coming of the Lord. The days of the tribulation of the carcass. And the complication? In Daniel 8 there is a carcass. The ram after it loses the battle of the ram and the goat.

We would appear to be in the "days of the tribulation of the carcass".

I would say the Apocalypse is on and trying to sneak in like a thief in the night.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you want to know who was saying peace/peace you have to go back a few years.

"We have before us the opportunity to forge for ourselves and for future generations a new world order -- a world where the rule of law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations". - George Bush Sr.

We have had nothing but unjust wars since that call for peace through obeying the law.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

9/11 negated all the peace built up in the world, then the prolonged Iraq war and Afghanistan too.
People could say "mission accomplished" all they wanted there was nothing tangible that people would buy into.
Even all Obama's talk of peace and his Nobel prize turned to ash.

I sense this time is different....does anybody else?

Forget about bible prophesy......what does your gut tell you?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Mess we call Christianity...nothing more to say just sorry
and good-by.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This thread is for people to discuss who believe the bible....not for the unbelievers.
I am not trying to convince you with a simple news report, you are going to need more than that, and this thread isn't the place...move along.

The bible is irrelevant garbage, this is 2018. If you wanted to bible to be relevant you would need a time machine that can transport you back to the dark ages.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Matthew 24 New King James Version (NKJV) Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple 24 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
Take note that He is asked 3 different questions .

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

You may have missed a few in Africa.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI
I have to wonder if Trump an obviously fake christian ...

What about Obama? Isn't he just as fake?

Obama's preemptive win had me excited for what he would do in the future.

Why oh why would you fall for the self-propaganda/self-marketing of such a clear pawn of others such as influential figures in the military industrial complex and the greedy businessmen of this world that are enriching themselves via the Health Care or Banking sector with no or very little concern for wholesome ethics for example? It's a bit naive to think Obama was going to change or accomplish anything significant on the peace-front. He took charge of a country with about the biggest military industrial complex on the planet (financially speaking), probably active and with assets in the most countries in the world, waging public and secret wars (involvong a lot of financial traffic that others can profit from again). I don't remember the US doing anything particularly peaceful during Obama's presidency. When they give someone the Nobel Peace prize for not doing a thing, you should know it's just a promotional stunt and it tells you more about the Nobel Prize committees than Obama. Which might be significant when considering other Nobel Prize winners in other fields (such as biology, physics and astronomy). Here's another Nobel Peace Prize winner that was promoted by the greedy lobbyists on the committee who are no doubt well-compensated* for their promotion of specific individuals (*: not thinking about bribes, think career-wise and prestige-wise, having the right connections, 'friends in the right places', having a seat on that committee in the first place; the Norwegian Nobel Committee is composed of five members appointed by the Norwegian Parliament. So that means they are controlled by the Norwegian Parlement, which in turn is controlled or guided by the interests of lobbying international corporations and lately especially those who make a lot of profits on wars and arms manufacturing since the so-called "War on Terror" started, but also others who may not be directly linked or connected to any military industrial complex but still have to work together with elements within it to protect their own interests, position or preferred luxurious lifestyles; money, prestige and admiration is on their mind, not peace):

“Do Not Put Your Trust in Nobles”: Isaiah’s Prophecy II

I wouldn't put much hope in them either, or expect too much effective action from them to achieve peace in this world (or even just something significant on that front). Their track record spells: "FAILURE". And often accompanied by hypocrisy as demonstrated in the video above and in the case of Obama being in charge of public and secret wars all over the place as he gladly accepts the Nobel Peace Prize without even considering to say: "No thank you, I haven't deserved this yet." or "this is ridiculous, I haven't deserved this yet" or "peope beware, this is just an attempt to promote me while I haven't even had the chance to do anything yet" (rather than false modesty mentioning only the latter part of those example sentences as the left wing media drones on about him receiving that prize and milks it for everything it's worth). You could have expected the same from Obama (failure and/or hypocrisy). Or to use your words, not get too excited about nuttin.
edit on 14-5-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Morons Rest Peacefully In Their Own Conceit.
However... Revelations Devises One Not To Be A Coward. Also... It Promises "Power, Glory, Honor, Riches, Eternal And Everlasting Life, Plus... The Name Of His Choosing To Be Put Into The Book Of Life, And Lastly, You Get A Mother load Of Virgins To Be, All Of Them, Your Brides." That Promise Is A Just And True Promise. Stop Trying To Know God And Live To Serve God. The 144000 Is Your Personal Body Guard. Praetorian Guard Is You Will.
God Is A Vengeful God. And All Who Stand In His Way Are Torn Apart. Go Try And Carry The Cross...
Make Revelations True This Day. Or Wait For Him Who Never Comes. God Despises A Coward. Don't Be One. Instead.... Go And Rise. From The Blue Lodge, Wherein Found Is Him Who Sings The Blues Of A Coming Wrath, To The Lodge Of Perfection Where in Found Is The Left Only Path... A Fight For The Coming Empire... Where YOU Are The Grand Pontiff And All Life Is As New. In Short... The Left Path Is Ancient And Accepted. You Will Rise From The 4° To The 33°. It's Child's Play!
Anyone In For A Game Of "Bloody Mary!?!"...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The One Thing He Doesn't Mention In Revelations Is "Double Recompense."

Think Of A Pot Of Gold... And Now.... Think Of Two.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This verse is describing a phase of the near ELE event caused by Nibiru passing our planet....IMHO.

1 Thessalonians 5:3

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

www.c-span.org.../president-trump-pursuing-pe ace-security

As Jesus said Keep On The Watch.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I agree Obama turned out to be an empty suit, but that whole situation seemed to have such great potential, but as somebody said it was a nothing burger. Very disappointing.....but I guess it wasn't God's time, yet.
But it "might" be under Trump. The Jews are already comparing Trump to Cyrus the Great.

And some Christians are also saying it too.
Although I don't believe everything stated in this article it is a VERY interesting read, some things I did not know. It makes the Jews more inclined to listen to Trump if he asks them to concede something for peace in the future. And if Trump pulls off a major peace deal in the Middle east after a Korean deal....pack it up it's over.

Is Trump A Modern Day Cyrus The Great ?
edit on 14-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: lakenheath24

The Bible also clearly states not to attempt or make phrophecy.

It's not making prophecy to take a prophecy that has been made and discuss whether or not it is being fulfilled by current events.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think there are two kinds of believers in those days.

I think there are two kinds of harvests.

I think there may very well be a rapture event, but there are also those who go through the motions. They are dutiful in their worship and fellowship. We're talking Sunday Christians. I think we all know who they are. They maybe don't quite believe, not fully. The rapture gathers those who faith is deep and true - the wise virgins.

The other group are the foolish virgins. They may not have been fully bought in before, but they darn sure believe now. And they're the ones who really are in for it. They'll be tested unto death in many cases, but it is for their sake that the times will be shortened. Some will make it through to the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join