It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins..... A Critical Bible Prophesy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 5:3

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

www.c-span.org.../president-trump-pursuing-pe ace-security

As Jesus said Keep On The Watch.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Yup. That is why it's not going to happen soon, because people keep making false end world predictions.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yeah but so did Obama and bush and Clinton and, and aand

Give it a rest, gets a bit boring

Crying wolf isn't very .......

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"They are saying Peace and Security" means they think they've got it. We are a long way away from the beginning of THAT situation.
There's nothing new about the mere pursuit of peace and security, and in itself it doesn't fulfil Paul's words.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Quite the convenient way for a religion to make sure there is never "Peace or Security".

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
1 Thessalonians 5:3

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

www.c-span.org.../president-trump-pursuing-pe ace-security

As Jesus said Keep On The Watch.

The bible is of such low quality that it doesn't even make decent toilet paper.
Pick up a science textbook and learn about reality and modern times, it will only do you good.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Pick up a science textbook and learn about reality and modern times, it will only do you good.
Which revised copy would you suggest ?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: DumpMaster

Which revised copy would you suggest ?

I kinda like the King James Version II; 3rd re-write; 4th re-vision. Oh You meant 'science book'??

First there was 'Old Testy' and after the birth of more folks, in came the 'cheeseburger' and then guys wanted to eat the cheeseburgers every day, including Friday. Then an enterprising cusp came up with first a cool slogan "Thank God Its Friday' then just the initials , the absolute way to know 'You've made it' and then the restaurant. Not only that but the wait staff @TGIF™ wanted to wear lighter Lycra™ but still wanted to wear 'Jorts' (denim. But Geez Jerome do they have to be so tight?)

Can't have that... ALL those folks pointing fingers..

---------------------------- enter 'New Testy'------------------------------

This makes the cherrys lower to pick. Just change 'the rule book'.....

Ask a thumper to explain Adam's first wife.......

The absolute most important relationship One can have is between Self/Creator why would You want/need anyone fiddling with the mechanics of said relationship?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I copied this from ATS™ a while ago and can't figure out who authored it. So if it looks familiar please let Me know so the author can be credited w/its creation.

I present : Worship = War Ship

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I kinda like the King James Version II; 3rd re-write; 4th re-vision.
I used to personally prefer The New King Jame's although I started out with a simple KJV . Just after conquering the to with's and other old legal type language the NKJV was a breeze . Now a days its the more versions the better . Love to pick and choose . Speaking of picking and choosing it seems according to Rupert Sheldrake that the speed of light became a embarrassment to the Scientific establishment because of its inconsistent speeds recorded in older text books and every knows that you cant call something a constant when its not so the Scientific community decided to choose a speed and make it sacrosanct ...problem solved

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You are giving trump too much credit. Japan and SKorea had the larger hands in the way this is playing out. Also the fact that NKorea can no longer even test its bombs, due to the collapsing of their nuclear test site. Also I think this prophecy is more of a world wide peace including the middle east, which is not on the verge of peace.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I agree the pursuit of this has been elusive, but if one of the longest impediments to peace in the last days is resolved we can't assume it hasn't begun. From where I sit this is the first real peace movement in the world we have seen since 9/11.
Watch Iran fold up within the next year and people be amazed once again.

And Trump might actually win the Nobel Peace prize for actually doing something.
Obama's preemptive win had me excited for what he would do in the future.......what a huge disappointment, but I guess all things in God's time.

Caveat: I have to wonder if Trump an obviously fake christian is being used, and to a degree protected by God like Nebuchadnezzar was as the leader of ancient Babylon. If he is, he can't be stopped, and his apparent success is not his. But just like the proud Nebuchadnezzar had success he later had the ultimate humiliation brought on by God by his pride as he had not a clue that his success was divine, but for other reasons.
Trump might be on a similar path.

What is so interesting is that the prophesy after the Peace and Security one actually involves an entity the book of Revelation describes as "Babylon The Great"

An interesting connection.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Um...

When in human history was there a time when some people were not saying “peace and security “ while others were expecting war???

Idk how about WW1 when EVERYONE THOUGHT war would never happen because every nation was so economically connected???

What about the civil war where basically the same thing happened??

Ww2?? Yup

Vietnam??

Yup..

Hell Rome and Carthage lol..

Is there any war in history where your little phrophect doesn’t work..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This from the guy who just wrote a troll OP about evolution?!!!

Oh man that’s rich..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

More than that.....

You do know that Paul (the supposed author of thessolonians) never even met jesus right???

His entire claim to fame is that he saw jesus in a vision 30 years later.. AFTER THE CRUCIFIXION..

There is no difference at all between Paul and David Koresh , Joseph smith or Jim Jones..

THE ONLY REASON people put so much infasis on Paul’s writings is ...

A) they are the earliest Christian works we have.. which isn’t saying a lot since they are from 30 years later and a guy who never even met him..

B) because the are Paul arguing about doctrine. So they provide some version of a doctrine to lay down.

What people don’t know is that James , who not only actually met jesus but was almost certainly jesus’s Brother, DID NOT AGREE WITH PAUL’S doctrinal changes..

according to fellow scholar John Barclay: James’s stance was “to keep the boundaries of the nation secure...no mixing of the races...keeping the Jewish tradition undiluted.”

So how exactly does Paul trump James when James was literally jesus’s Brother??

edit on 13-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Acts 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

In other words lay off the fake scaremongering crap cuz you, nor I, nor the angels in heaven have a clue when the Old Man is coming back. Instead of making chicken little posts, are you acting Christian-like by helping your fellow man? etc?

Church is nothing more than a glorified country club where like-minded people go to reinforce their own beliefs to the exclusion of any other persons beliefs.
Book of Lakenheath, Chpt 1 vs 1.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This thread is for people to discuss who believe the bible....not for the unbelievers.
I am not trying to convince you with a simple news report, you are going to need more than that, and this thread isn't the place...move along.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser" -Socrates

LOL...that there is gold.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You are not allowed to decide who participates in your threads..

You have to go to Facebook for that migo.

If you can’t defend the logic behind your belief system. It might be your belief system that is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join