It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says she called police when black Airbnb guests didn't wave at her

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not diminishing the story....but ive been harassed for no reason as a white guy. All it takes is long hair and even white men get marginalized.

Since i cut my hair almost 10 years ago the harassment hasnt happened.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well, Rialto CA is very racially diverse city with a higher than average crime rate and a big gang problem. That little old white lady was probably intimidated by those non-waving, non-smiling black ladies.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
CNN
More to the story than they care to state
The whole truth doesnt sound as good

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So we’re mad at law enforcement for responding to a robbery call involving multiple subjects by sending multiple officers to the scene.

At which point nobody is “shot for not smiling at white people.” Nobody is taken the ground and tased. Nobody is handcuffed. No force whatsoever is used. They all stand around talking, and indeed laughing and joking together, until their rental can be confirmed.

Those mean, nasty cops with their not putting hands on people and responding to calls for service.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So we’re mad at law enforcement for responding to a robbery call involving multiple subjects by sending multiple officers to the scene.

At which point nobody is “shot for not smiling at white people.” Nobody is taken the ground and tased. Nobody is handcuffed. No force whatsoever is used. They all stand around talking, and indeed laughing and joking together, until their rental can be confirmed.

Those mean, nasty cops with their not putting hands on people and responding to calls for service.

Yeah...its a pretty dumb story. Those folks felt profiled. And it pissed them off. Where to place the rage, though.....

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Is it me or does no one else remember these kinds of stories being in the news all the time? Once in a blue moon, maybe but no every week. The CT in me was calling BS on the Starbucks fiasco. This has a lot of similarities. What's to say the DNC or Open Society institute isn't setting up these events to help support their claim that institutional racism is alive and well in the US. I'm not buying it, these kinds of interracial interactions were rare now they happen every week? Not without help they don't.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The neighbor called the LEOs because she thought they were breaking and entering. The LEOs responded to a robery not knowing it was a AirBnB, the 3 were detained without restraints and released when the sergeant received the info it was a AirBnB.

Here in northern Georgia we have a lot of AirBnB cabins and without knowing who is operating one how am I supposed to know who is supposed to be there. I don't. The only suggestion I have is ask if it's a AirBnB and inform the owner.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

And they're getting sued for it... go figure.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Ah, there you go. That makes more sense. Can't really blame her for being suspicious after seeing strange men leaving her neighbour's home with bags of stuff. Bit different to "called police for not smiling".

Just a bit of overkill on the police's part, I suppose. Slow day.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah...its a pretty dumb story. Those folks felt profiled. And it pissed them off. Where to place the rage, though.....

Well the OP made slight mention of it...

"Blacks do disproportionately commit crimes compared to whites"

That would be a good place to start.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Both the woman and police were stupid!
The police should have asked the woman what law she thought they broke.

The woman sounds like she had it in for the black guests which is awful. If they had waved she would have found another reason to call the police.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian I've been checked for being a shoplifter when I didn't steal anything or do anything suspicious. Does that entitle me to be a victim? Wait, I'm Caucasian so that doesn't count. If I were a person of color I'd make Yahoo news and maybe I could file a big lawsuit.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Obviously, the persons of colour were nefarious terrorist reprobates with rape and pillaging on their minds hence the lack of a wave in the mad cow's direction.

Boil them in oil and the hang draw and quarter the culprits immediately!

Else the sky will fall i imagine.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I think the anger (off ATS) is aimed at the caller. I read an article about this happening over and over again and even police are annoyed and disgusted.

I can't remember the quote or if it were an officer or dispatch but, paraphrased, it was something like "we aren't your personal valet for racism".

While those police responded to the guests, there could be an actual, real emergency happening across town. I'm sure you run into this alot.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I can see this happening, frequently even. The "tone" in the US seems to be one of fear. "If I'm not familiar with it it may be a threat." I can't imagine living with one eye focused over my back.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They always told people "see something say something" right?

You want big government you got it !!

😎📣

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

She woulda called the police even if they smiled and waved back...

And you would've called her a racist even if they were robbing her neighbors.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well the OP made slight mention of it...

"Blacks do disproportionately commit crimes compared to whites"

That would be a good place to start.

That is a discussion I doubt you are prepared to have.

Black neighborhoods are patrolled much more heavily than white neighborhoods. Law and probability and whatnot.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

She woulda called the police even if they smiled and waved back...

And you would've called her a racist even if they were robbing her neighbors.

IDK why that assumption is even acceptable. Because they weren't white? Imagine the brouhaha if they had been Muslim... or Sikh. People that think this way don't make that distinction.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
nm
edit on 13-5-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join