It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in a simulation like a MMORPG - micro SD cards and modern electronics prove this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
When i got my first micro SD card I was amazed that it could hold 2GB of data which means that it can hold ~ 16 billion bits of data, which translates to 16 billion transistors in this storage device the size of a fingernail. Now the amazing part is that if you ever take apart a micro SD card you will find that it is about 95% plastic, 4% wire leads/contacts and about 1% transistors, so the storage area of this device is about the size of a pin head, maybe even smaller. I had a difficult time believing that this was possible about 15 years ago and now there are 512GB micro SD cards which translates to ~1.024 trillion transistors in the same storage space a little smaller than a pin head. Now if they are using VNAND flash memory (48 bit being the industry standard it seems) then this is still 22 billion transistors in this small space which is many magnitudes greater than any other storage medium of 64GB VNAND flash chips that are 18mm^2 chips, I just can't come up with any other tech that is even remotely similar in size comparison nor comparable storage tech that has similar density, which would equate to 10's or even 100's of TB of data on a small USB flash drive given the same applied technology. Why hasn't this been done? Why not run 100 or 100,000 of these tiny pin head size storage area's in parallel/serial configuration and make something like a 10's of PentaByte flash drive? This just hasn't happened and the bus architecture is there to do something like this so why not make a MASSIVE capacity, small footprint storage device? I've calculated atom size and I think this is smaller than equal amounts of hydrogen nuclei in the same space.

I think that these electronics have bypassed the laws of physics and chemical structure and are nothing more than "tokens", "talismans" or "charms" like those collected in MMORPG's where the character doesn't really hold any items, they just have a "token" associated with their character which enables access to the qualities of the token (in this case, data storage). It is basically a shortcut/link to the stored data/ability/etc that is processed through the game/matrix and allows for the data/ability to be carried and accessed without having to carry the data with them.

This is very similar to having access to the internet anywhere in the world with a satellite phone. Having that phone is like the "token" that allows the connection to the data/service of the internet, and everything on it is at their fingertips, but it would be impossible to carry it with them.

I had an interesting chat with a chip engineer recently... we talked about Moores law etc. to which he said that we are reaching a plateau for now.

The reason being that the machines that edge the chips cant get that much smaller now. Like you said, they are so incredibly small that we can only add in size in rows and collumns.

Currently, they talk about edging with special water and refracted laset which is pretty darn complicated and again... relying on how thin the beam can be split up before reaching the surface.

We have to reinvent the tech somehow... think completely of the box.
Something other than chips and transistors.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Lets assume It's a simulation

It's very interesting that everything in computer science is ever advancing. In fact every new tech that is invented is somehow related to the fact that it keeps humanity within certain physical bounds and makes the population inactive.

More and better microSD cards are just one example of it.

Planes are faster than ever and take you everywhere on earth.
But even better propulsion systems that could take people to other the moon like anti-gravity according to science impossible.

To the stars ? Impossible because of lightspeed.

Better nuclear reactors ? Remember the E-cat , Thorium reactors ?
Free Energy , making people independent of the grid ? well... impossible.

When it comes to expanding the living room of humanity science hasn't advanced that much. But when it comes to tech that makes the population lazy and contempt with their situation there is no limit.

It's almost that the 'simulation' wants us to play in games and forgetting exploring it.

with that in mind I predict that there will be

1exabyte microSD cards within the next 10 years.
But no man on mars venus or the moon within 50 years.

Humanity is allowed to play , but not expand so it seems , it's a Trueman show nothing more.

www.youtube.com...

This is also my understanding. Technology that keeps the mind active and can be used as an everyday thing is good. But when it comes to cures for diseases, space travel, or anything that could help us advance to a higher place is just out of reach.
As long as we are distracted by these new devices, we won't push the boundary any further.

Humanity is allowed to play , but not expand so it seems , it's a Trueman show nothing more.

Never has a saying felt so true.

edit on Sun, 13 May 2018 05:48:27 -0500051852018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

originally posted by: EasternShadow
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
Storage in memory card does not represent life in simulation. At most it counts how many data it can holds. You still need computer's ALU to simulate any characters in MMORPG. But then again, MMORPG's NPCs are standard generic AIs, and not unique human with their own identification.

That isn't what I meant. I'm simply trying to reconcile the data/electron density to the size of the actual data storage device and can't come up with numbers that work with the laws of physics and even things as small as atomic nuclei. If you can't fit the 22 billion of the smallest particles (or electric charges) into the size of the storage device, then how can the device not break the natural laws?

Interesting to note...

Yes, so the question remains to which no one has yet to be able to answer...

"If you can't fit the 22 billion of the smallest particles (or electric charges) into the size of the storage device, then how can the device not break the natural laws?"

I've worked in a engineering dept as a tech....

And I confess, i don't have the answer at all...but i get the jest...

"How can someone squeeze more into the container that won't allow the physical storage for it, without breaking the container? (Natural laws)

Exactly. I'll write up the math when I get a chance and post it, but it is simple something like this. I have 2250 ml of water and I have a container that has a volume of 100cc's, yet somehow I get 2250ml of water out of it. Since water can not be compressed, how can I get that 2250ml of water in the 100ml or cc's of space (assuming same pressure, atmosphere, laws of physics, etc)?

When you calculate the physical limitations of today's current transistor size (even with the most advanced level of VNAND - which isn't used, they use 48 bit instead of the ~180 bit that has been achieved a few times) in addition to the manufacturing capabilities of transistor spacing (which has to do with charge leakage between transistors during charge/discharge, which is also linked to the size of of the trace leads on CPU's), and even doing multiple layers of transistors with some kind of insulating layer between, it seems there is a very large discrepancy between what the physical requirements are for storage of this size vs what is actually available in the real world.

edit on 5 13 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 13 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

It's very interesting that everything in computer science is ever advancing. In fact every new tech that is invented is somehow related to the fact that it keeps humanity within certain physical bounds and makes the population inactive.

But even better propulsion systems that could take people to other the moon like anti-gravity according to science impossible.

When it comes to expanding the living room of humanity science hasn't advanced that much. But when it comes to tech that makes the population lazy and contempt with their situation there is no limit.

It's almost that the 'simulation' wants us to play in games and forgetting exploring it.

www.youtube.com...

This is also my understanding. Technology that keeps the mind active and can be used as an everyday thing is good. But when it comes to cures for diseases, space travel, or anything that could help us advance to a higher place is just out of reach.
As long as we are distracted by these new devices, we won't push the boundary any further.

Never has a saying felt so true.

It took us over a million years as humans to be able to fly. Then, 50 year from that point, we landed on the moon. Chill. Just because we arent discovering some revolutionary technology RIGHT NOW doesnt mean that its being kept from us.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When i got my first micro SD card I was amazed that it could hold 2GB of data which means that it can hold ~ 16 billion bits of data, which translates to 16 billion transistors in this storage device the size of a fingernail. Now the amazing part is that if you ever take apart a micro SD card you will find that it is about 95% plastic, 4% wire leads/contacts and about 1% transistors, so the storage area of this device is about the size of a pin head, maybe even smaller. I had a difficult time believing that this was possible about 15 years ago and now there are 512GB micro SD cards which translates to ~1.024 trillion transistors in the same storage space a little smaller than a pin head. Now if they are using VNAND flash memory (48 bit being the industry standard it seems) then this is still 22 billion transistors in this small space which is many magnitudes greater than any other storage medium of 64GB VNAND flash chips that are 18mm^2 chips, I just can't come up with any other tech that is even remotely similar in size comparison nor comparable storage tech that has similar density, which would equate to 10's or even 100's of TB of data on a small USB flash drive given the same applied technology. Why hasn't this been done? Why not run 100 or 100,000 of these tiny pin head size storage area's in parallel/serial configuration and make something like a 10's of PentaByte flash drive? This just hasn't happened and the bus architecture is there to do something like this so why not make a MASSIVE capacity, small footprint storage device? I've calculated atom size and I think this is smaller than equal amounts of hydrogen nuclei in the same space.

I think that these electronics have bypassed the laws of physics and chemical structure and are nothing more than "tokens", "talismans" or "charms" like those collected in MMORPG's where the character doesn't really hold any items, they just have a "token" associated with their character which enables access to the qualities of the token (in this case, data storage). It is basically a shortcut/link to the stored data/ability/etc that is processed through the game/matrix and allows for the data/ability to be carried and accessed without having to carry the data with them.

This is very similar to having access to the internet anywhere in the world with a satellite phone. Having that phone is like the "token" that allows the connection to the data/service of the internet, and everything on it is at their fingertips, but it would be impossible to carry it with them.

Ahahhahahaha oh god thank you I needed to laugh first thing in the morning...holy # how many doobies did you smoke before you wrote that??

en.m.wikipedia.org...

computer.howstuffworks.com...

pongcase.com...

www.explainthatstuff.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

If only there wasnt 1000s of years of esoteric knowledge and logic proving that space doesn't actually exist and that we should be looking inside rather than outside, we may be confused.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

we couldn't really be anything other than an avatar

Correct.

We are not just the host to the personalities we are spirited by. We are not just the personality we project.

We are the product of a hive mind existing between our sentient biomechanical flesh suit and the infinite personalities it is host to. Our minds originate from a point outside of spacetime.

edit on 5 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

If only there wasnt 1000s of years of esoteric knowledge and logic proving that space doesn't actually exist and that we should be looking inside rather than outside, we may be confused.

Well I dont know but space sure isn't as NASA tells us it is. Somehow I think that the collective minds of humanity creates/simulates reality. Beyond that there is an abstract 'wall'. Everyone of us has to complete his/her script. And the 'wall' is keeping us inside whilst at the same time keeping the nasties 'outside'.

But terms like 'inside' and 'outside become meaningless if all there is is related to a kind of feed back loop between reality and consciousness.

To stay on the topic I agree with OP that a certain point electronical devices may exhibit properties that might hint that this universe is a construction/simulation.

Thats why leaving the for humans designated area (that is earth) may be impossible because advanced beings don't fancy humans roaming around in the 'real' cosmos which is quite different from what we perceive here in this reality.

So the best way to understand and explore the cosmos is do it in the way Terrence mcKenna explored the inner cosmos that's in all of us.

edit on 5132018 by frenchfries because: mistakes

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
op is dead on with this miniature tech bit.....also....

do you guys note........the reliability is too good to be real world, there's no more needing to finetune for reliability in the new tech.....so....yep God must give us super dooper stuff here in the end of the era.....i notice the reliability is out of this world

I'm a pilot so yes...............like the Garmins in the glasscockpit these days....they even make pancakes if ya push the right button

other day descending outta FL175.....the Garmin 600 asked me how it was hanging today......
edit on 13-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Question is, how do a roll for a new character?

With are luck! when we roll the dies
we end up far worse.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You are correct!
in the last 100 years All technology is moving far to fast.
look at Sci-fi books from the 1950s.
now we have all kinds of crazy technology.

Look at this rocket they will send to Mars.

this from 1950s.

its like wish fulfillment or magik.
in star trek 1966 the have some thing like a mobile phone.
the mobile phone we have now Far surpass that!
why dont we have space ships like them?

on the usb stick.
a new mobile phone has a 4 core computer in it that is tiny.
most of the space is for the battery & the screen!
my home computer about the same is hundreds of times bigger.
mother board, cpu, graphic card, heat sink, power supply Plus the screen, key board, mouse!
the jump from a home PC to the best mobile phones is NOT logical.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MMOs are the simulation of the stimulation, it ironic how games are becoming more realistic with the graphics meanwhile it still not a reality to be the Pan of Neverland.

Maybe there a parallel between gods little critters and the artificial, submarines look like fish, planes, birds... Computers, cells maybe, especially if ond ever self replicates and becomes a complex something where it got a mind of its own. Simulations and idea of reality being a bubble, that looks like nerves.

Storage being the equivalent to memories, and consciousness interacting with technology, off to other worlds, like Alice in Wonderland that fit into a grain of rice with extra spare room. Where only nerves of steel could survive the pareldoi.

Magic mirror on the wall, to he's a real boy.

edit on 13-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Question is, how do a roll for a new character?

Screw rolling a new sheet. I wanna be the DM!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Meh I won’t agree with a mmo but I will agree to a point we are running around in a technology that is not ours. Let us not ever forget no matter how vainglorious we become we have no idea why we are here OR what here even is..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Some of this is just factually inaccurate.

The flash memory in a microsd card is not the size of a pinhead (Google "MicroSD decapsulated"). Recent V NAND from Samsung is something like 2.5-6 Gb/mm^2. The area of a pinhead is 1.8 mm^2. Still, that's dense and I know that Micron has debuted 3D NAND that basically doubles that.

But they're by no means breaking any laws of physics.

Also, Hydrogen atoms have a diameter of about .1 nm which is what, 0.0000001 mm? Here you can see Samsung V NAND with scale.

I micrometer is 1000 nanometers. That would be about 10,000 hydrogen atoms across.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Jesus is proof we are living in a video game.
Although due the terrible lag of the internet they had back then it took him 3 days before he respawned.
He was also the basis for most medic/healer classes in modern games. He was a champ when it came to revives.
Mind you he had a pretty terrible K/D ratio.

As for why we do not have massively large storage devices built from SD cards, it can actually be done. You can buy cards for your PC you can load up with SD cards and then use as a HDD. Problem is having lots of storage isn't the same as have really fast read and write speeds. (I think it is Sony who just made a SD card with something like a 300MB/s read write speed, alas to use it on most current computers you need to connect it with a USB 3.0 adapter which will nerf the speed increase massively.

Not to mention treating 'digital' storage like a mechanical magnetic drive can burn out such storage methods pretty quickly.

So there are plenty of sound logical scientific reasons as to why we don't hard drives with near cosmic storage being used daily. It is possible right now, but right now it isn't practical or cost effective.
I mean I can get a 2TB 7200rpm mechanical HDD for $50 to $100, while a much smaller SSD is much more expensive and won't have the same life span if I use it for anything that involves a lot of reading and writing.

I suggest you maybe subscribe to a youtube channel like Linus Tech Tips. You might learn a thing or 2.

Here's a video of using SD cards for mass storage with a good explanation of the pros and cons of doing so.

edit on 14-5-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added video

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Just because you have no understanding of how SD cards are constructed to store data, you believe it to be made up. I truly worry about some people sometimes.

Personally, I have absolutely no comprehension of the physics behind the theories of the cosmos, but that does not mean the cosmos is not real and above my head, so to speak.

I know. He had the audacity to ask a question, instead of just automatically knowing. Yes, this is very concerning...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just wait. The 6G SIM card will be snorted up the nose (they also have an eye dropper in the works).

I tried learning how so many logic gates can fit in such a space. And multiple files of high fidelity media on demand, simultaneously. Its magic. Plastic magic. The bad kind.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Sorry, no. SD cards aren't "tokens" from an MMORPGs. How can you as somebody educated in comp sci come up with something like that?

Sounds almost like Sword Art Online anime

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join