It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in a simulation like a MMORPG - micro SD cards and modern electronics prove this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
When i got my first micro SD card I was amazed that it could hold 2GB of data which means that it can hold ~ 16 billion bits of data, which translates to 16 billion transistors in this storage device the size of a fingernail. Now the amazing part is that if you ever take apart a micro SD card you will find that it is about 95% plastic, 4% wire leads/contacts and about 1% transistors, so the storage area of this device is about the size of a pin head, maybe even smaller. I had a difficult time believing that this was possible about 15 years ago and now there are 512GB micro SD cards which translates to ~1.024 trillion transistors in the same storage space a little smaller than a pin head. Now if they are using VNAND flash memory (48 bit being the industry standard it seems) then this is still 22 billion transistors in this small space which is many magnitudes greater than any other storage medium of 64GB VNAND flash chips that are 18mm^2 chips, I just can't come up with any other tech that is even remotely similar in size comparison nor comparable storage tech that has similar density, which would equate to 10's or even 100's of TB of data on a small USB flash drive given the same applied technology. Why hasn't this been done? Why not run 100 or 100,000 of these tiny pin head size storage area's in parallel/serial configuration and make something like a 10's of PentaByte flash drive? This just hasn't happened and the bus architecture is there to do something like this so why not make a MASSIVE capacity, small footprint storage device? I've calculated atom size and I think this is smaller than equal amounts of hydrogen nuclei in the same space.

I think that these electronics have bypassed the laws of physics and chemical structure and are nothing more than "tokens", "talismans" or "charms" like those collected in MMORPG's where the character doesn't really hold any items, they just have a "token" associated with their character which enables access to the qualities of the token (in this case, data storage). It is basically a shortcut/link to the stored data/ability/etc that is processed through the game/matrix and allows for the data/ability to be carried and accessed without having to carry the data with them.

This is very similar to having access to the internet anywhere in the world with a satellite phone. Having that phone is like the "token" that allows the connection to the data/service of the internet, and everything on it is at their fingertips, but it would be impossible to carry it with them.
edit on 5 12 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sorry, no. SD cards aren't "tokens" from an MMORPGs. How can you as somebody educated in comp sci come up with something like that?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
Storage in memory card does not represent life in simulation. At most it counts how many data it can holds. You still need computer's ALU to simulate any characters in MMORPG. But then again, MMORPG's NPCs are standard generic AIs, and not unique human with their own identification.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Sorry, no. SD cards aren't "tokens" from an MMORPGs. How can you as somebody educated in comp sci come up with something like that?

I understand the manufacturing process of the cards but that doesn't mean that the theory is incorrect. In games, as you gain skills or abilities it allows you to do things you couldn't do before much like how science and technology opens doors which were not able to be accessed before, such as storing vast amounts of data in very small amounts of space.

Viewing the world as a simulation or matrix is an entirely different perspective of what most people have of normal reality but it doesn't mean that it is incorrect. Once you see it from a different point of view, things like this can make sense and seem very possible.

If are in fact in some kind of simulation or matrix, then how would you explain things like SD cards other than a "token" as it really couldn't be anything else and we couldn't really be anything other than an avatar. It doesn't' make the science behind it not real, within the matrix, but it simply is an explanation for how some things work.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Question is, how do a roll for a new character?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was hoping to see a client/server analogy.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
Storage in memory card does not represent life in simulation. At most it counts how many data it can holds. You still need computer's ALU to simulate any characters in MMORPG. But then again, MMORPG's NPCs are standard generic AIs, and not unique human with their own identification.

That isn't what I meant. I'm simply trying to reconcile the data/electron density to the size of the actual data storage device and can't come up with numbers that work with the laws of physics and even things as small as atomic nuclei. If you can't fit the 22 billion of the smallest particles (or electric charges) into the size of the storage device, then how can the device not break the natural laws?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All that this technology does is to show it is possible that we are part of some big program, one created by an advanced being beyond our comprehension at this time. It is possible that we are part or tied to a big virtual reality. If that is so, what or who is the creator of this reality, is it an advanced race of beings far more intelligent than we can ever hope to be? Is an advanced race of humans creating this reality within a highly advanced system that ties directly to the mind of some people to train us? Maybe, but from this point in the reality it is almost impossible to know for sure. If this is a reality formed by bind blending as a teaching tool, then the vast majority of us may not be real. Who is real and who is not in that case. Again, we could never figure that out possitively from within the program.

No matter what, if we get hurt within the problem we hurt, if we die here we may die. It is real to us, that is important to understand. What happens if we die within the program, does it kill the living being that is connected to the program? If we flunk the training, what happens to us?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I think you just have your flop flipped....Or games were designed off life not the other way around is what is making the actual connections.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Interesting theory, in layman's terms, this is the basic makeup of Micro SD's www.quora.com...

I'm up for a quest

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Question is, how do a roll for a new character?

Better yet, is there a website to buy power-ups? Do they take Visa cards? I figure a few med-pacs should cure my M.S...

If they bundle it with Farmville, I can feed our livestock for the full summer... I just have to "like" a bunch of stupid stuff on Facebook.

This will possibly save me thousands of dollars.... awesome...

(This knowledge could have saved Obamacare... Hilary and her reptilian controllers seriously dropped the ball...)
edit on 13-5-2018 by madmac5150 because: Aflac!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

When I started using SD cards they typically could be as large as 16MB but the 4s and 8s were more common.

Not sure of the exponential growth of capacity and reduction in size is much to go on but there are definitely some glitches in "the matrix" which continue to elude explanation.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The granularity will condense to the point that we will be encoding individual atoms with the ability to read and set their states more rapidly than we can with relatively huge clumps of semiconductor material. Perhaps it will go deeper into subatomic particles... seems infinite.

A diamond is pure carbon, and carbon has atomic weight of 12. So, 12 grams of carbon have 6.022 * 10^23 atoms. The density of diamond is about 3.5 grams per cubic centimetre, so the number of carbon atoms in 1 cubic cm of diamond is 3.5/12 * 6.022 * 10^23 = 1.75642*10^23 atoms
Yahoo

Thats 175,642 pentabits of potential storage in one cubic centimeter of these atoms alone.

Who knows, perhaps some day we will be able to manipulate matter like this.
edit on 13-5-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There’s that game series, Katamari, or something, where you’re like a dung beetle rolling a sticky ball around that gets larger and larger...

Life is a simulation something like that, using a fractal-mobius-tesseract google-core processor...

This version will soon be outdated, probably, though...

Lol. Jk. I love this life.
edit on 5/13/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think I know what you mean. I had the same thoughts about hard disk drives. I bought a second hand laptop decades ago. It had a 6GB drive. Then I'd keep upgrading that drive, then buy a new laptop; 40GB, 80GB, 250GB, 512GB. But all those drives basically had the same electronics; rotating platters, magnetic head, microcontroller. Now the drivers were different as well as the SMART data, but the question is; could they have developed technology that had 100x as much capacity as the previous generation, but simply release a new model with 2x as much capacity every year. They they could just sit back and collect the profits over 16 years without sweating. Every now and again, academics announce that they have discovered a technology that is 1000x more efficient than current technologies, but that it will take many years before it will be used by industry.

You do get 30 Terabyte SSD drives. That's where all the high-end flash memory chips are going. But they won't be going into desktops or laptops, only servers, because that's where the money is:
www.theverge.com...

One of my engineering friends told me a story about how when the first computer systems came out, they were huge cabinets filled with vacuum tubes. Every now and again a tube would blow, a fault light would go on, and a service technician would get called and do the repair. He would take the board out, go back to his van with an electronics workshop in the back, do the repair and return with the repaired board with a new tube. Customers were used to paying an annual service contract for this repair. The cabinets were kept locked for the purpose. This continued when they used transistors.

But when integrated circuits came along, they had a problem. The whole system would now fit on a single motherboard sitting at the bottom of the cabinet. It was cheaper to completely replace the motherboard than to do the repair in a van. So they kept up the charade by just having the engineer sit in the back of the van for an hour, moving around to make the van shake and generally look as if he was looking for components and getting in and out of the workbench chair. They he would come out with the "repaired" circuitboard. This scam blew open when on a hot day someone saw him just sitting in the back of the van. Once customers realized that they could do the repair themselves as well as not need a roomful of empty cabinets, the scam was over.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Lets assume It's a simulation

It's very interesting that everything in computer science is ever advancing. In fact every new tech that is invented is somehow related to the fact that it keeps humanity within certain physical bounds and makes the population inactive.

More and better microSD cards are just one example of it.

Planes are faster than ever and take you everywhere on earth.
But even better propulsion systems that could take people to other the moon like anti-gravity according to science impossible.

To the stars ? Impossible because of lightspeed.

Better nuclear reactors ? Remember the E-cat , Thorium reactors ?
Free Energy , making people independent of the grid ? well... impossible.

When it comes to expanding the living room of humanity science hasn't advanced that much. But when it comes to tech that makes the population lazy and contempt with their situation there is no limit.

It's almost that the 'simulation' wants us to play in games and forgetting exploring it.

with that in mind I predict that there will be

1exabyte microSD cards within the next 10 years.
But no man on mars venus or the moon within 50 years.

Humanity is allowed to play , but not expand so it seems , it's a Trueman show nothing more.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5132018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 5132018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: EasternShadow

That isn't what I meant. I'm simply trying to reconcile the data/electron density to the size of the actual data storage device and can't come up with numbers that work with the laws of physics and even things as small as atomic nuclei. If you can't fit the 22 billion of the smallest particles (or electric charges) into the size of the storage device, then how can the device not break the natural laws?

Interesting to note...

Yes, so the question remains to which no one has yet to be able to answer...

"If you can't fit the 22 billion of the smallest particles (or electric charges) into the size of the storage device, then how can the device not break the natural laws?"

I've worked in a engineering dept as a tech....

And I confess, i don't have the answer at all...but i get the jest...

"How can someone squeeze more into the container that won't allow the physical storage for it, without breaking the container? (Natural laws)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

"Why not run 100 or 100,000 of these tiny pin head size storage area's in parallel/serial configuration and make something like a 10's of PentaByte flash drive?"

They can. They don't. Gradual tech increases are a side-effect of the pursuit of maximizing profit.

If current tech has a 50GB hoopajoob, but Toshiba figures out how to make a 5000GB hoopajoob...

Then Toshiba will sell 60, 70, 80, etc... until they offer the 5000's.

Meanwhile, every stepping stone on the way, is money with very little in the way of effort to bring that product into fruition.

They would be stealing sales from themselves, if they just jumped a bunch of design nodes and made the best thing they can make.
((If Toshiba starts to sell their 5000GB hoopajoob, they will NEVER sell their 1000GB hoopajoobs. Why would anyone bother?)) Fundamentally you hit roadblocks in that type of business.

edit on 13-5-2018 by Archivalist because: no one actually cares what anyone writes in this box down here

edit on 13-5-2018 by Archivalist because: meh

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just because you have no understanding of how SD cards are constructed to store data, you believe it to be made up. I truly worry about some people sometimes.

Personally, I have absolutely no comprehension of the physics behind the theories of the cosmos, but that does not mean the cosmos is not real and above my head, so to speak.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
An interesting quora result for you.....
www.quora.com...
The gentic information in your body is 150 Zettabytes (10^21).
Now add in the information about the position of each atom....
Thats some video game.... just sucks that gamestop would still probably only give you $3.50 for it....

edit on 13-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join