It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US military corrupt? Debate!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Is the US military corrupt? Debate!

Yes, I google this out. If your in the military, you can also voice your opinion into that debate.

There is quite a lot of complaints, so ya.

www.debate.org...

Don't forget to click "Load More Arguments".

I slapped it here because I read complaints about lawyers, NCO/ FBI.
edit on 12-5-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Overall? No more than any other large organization. Individual units, and the so called "Societies" ? Hell yes.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would say no.

The vast majority of the military is trying to do the right thing when called upon. The military is not a policy-making organization. They are a policy exacting organization whose sole purpose is to enforce American policy against our enemies through overwhelming force. In short, it's an organization whose purpose is to kill people and break #.

On its face, that is corrupt. It is immoral. It is evil. It is necessary.

I'm glad to have been part of it.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The military is a tool. It is only corrupt in that the politicians and powers that be that can wield it's might may do so for nefarious reasons. I think the typical soldiers and officers are just doing what they are told to the best of their ability.

We often see the grunts and populace being told one thing, but the people behind the game of thrones really trying to accomplish something else entirely.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Obviously, and it is not up for debate. Of course the front line cannon fodder are merely expendable pawns, without a say in the incredibly sick policy decisions that place them in sovereign nations, to murder innocent people on fabricated evidence or false flag events.
Many of them love their country and do these things because of a misplaced faith in the soulless oppression machine known as the US government.
The shot callers need to face a firing squad.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If the entire US military is corrupt, then I never got my piece of the action and I've been shafted even more than I already thought.

So I'm gonna say no, it's not. There are certainly corrupt individuals, just like literally any other organization on the planet. But the organization as a whole? No.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ummm...would you say the same about your supply NCO's and their troops...?

I wouldn't...and that's just small potatoes...procurement and logistics is a whole other level...

Corruption is ingrained in the services...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It by proxy has to be corrupt to a degree....everything is....loyalty is an emotion....emotions project beyond idealisms....loyalty is easily misplaced and misused.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Just be nice to your supply guys.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I was always extra nice to my supply guys...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was a unit armorer. Like supply, except part-time and if you're not nice to me your weapon will always be dirty.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If the entire US military is corrupt, then I never got my piece of the action and I've been shafted even more than I already thought.

So I'm gonna say no, it's not. There are certainly corrupt individuals, just like literally any other organization on the planet. But the organization as a whole? No.

so is that why you are a cop? so you didn't miss out on getting in on that corrupt action as well?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I would say no.

The vast majority of the military is trying to do the right thing when called upon. The military is not a policy-making organization. They are a policy exacting organization whose sole purpose is to enforce American policy against our enemies through overwhelming force. In short, it's an organization whose purpose is to kill people and break #.

On its face, that is corrupt. It is immoral. It is evil. It is necessary.

I'm glad to have been part of it.

spoken like a true brainwashed soldier... sad really.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Always be nic to Supply and mess hall guys.

Always.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

You know it man. I went in to law enforcement after I got out of the military over ten years ago so I could get in on the corruption I missed out on in the military, even though I didn't find out the entire military is corrupt until ten years after I left it.

Nailed it, little buddy

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You should have stayed on.

We had cookies.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Really, it's the donuts. Why eat half a bag of Oreos when I can have two colossal donuts and be just as full?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

New guy to thread, it's probably no more corrupt than it was in the days of General Smedley Butler.

Everybody wants to be a good soldier and most try hard, but when you're fighting an illegitimate war, sooner or later you have to admit you've sold your soul and are committing military aggression.

It's not the soldiers who are corrupt, it is the leaders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join