It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels & Demons vs. Man : A Determination of Power

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
One topic that usually comes on the threads in this forum is rather man really is more powerful than angel and demons.

The powers and principalities of heaven and hell possess no soul. However, these angels were created to be the fierce warrriors of God! Messengers, Deliverers, Immortal fighters. In the Bible, one angel took out 100,000 Assyrians, (the Assyrians were like the big, bad dudes, back then... It'd be like one guy taking out 100,000 U.S. Green berets today). In the end-days of apocalypse at the end of the Tribulation, four horsemen will ride out and kill 2/3 of the people on Earth... :
hey: If that happenend today that'd be 1 billion people per angel

Share your thoughts

Stay cool, Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i feel that humans are only more powerful than angels from the angle that humans can think for themselves whereas somebody told me that angels can't

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well Lucifer thougth for himself when he rebelled against God...
and a third of the angels followed him.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i shoulda gone into more detail

i heard that god deliberately gave lucifer the power of thought after he created man. then he told lucifer to basically kiss mans @$$ at every oppurtunity. obviously this didnt go down to well with the newly empowered lucifer, who told god to kiss HIS @$$. lucifer then stole angels from god

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
uhmmm... That's a modern way to say it, Sure!!
that God giving Lucifer the power to think theory is new to me?
Do u remember who told u that, sounds cool?

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm somewhat confused if you are asking if we think angels are less or more powerful then humans? If that is what you 'are' asking then I'll tell ya what I think-

I believe angels have 'different' type of power then us..
Here's an example:

An ant is pretty dern powerful..but they can't do things we do and we can't do things they can. They have a great deal of strength. We don't even possess that kind of strength-in normal situations. So if you look at an ant, and compare you'd certainly say we are more powerful, but if you look closer and deeper into how they live and do things for *what* they are, you'd think wow, they are pretty powerful little creatures!

But just like humans and ants, there is really no comparison. Angels and humans hold a different type of strength and power just like ants and humans, and ants and Angels, for that matter. We can do things Angels cannot and vice verse. I might think how better it would be to be an Angel, but I could be terribly wrong. No human really knows what consist of being an Angel or demon..therefore there is no way to say we are more or less powerful then they are.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Angels are clearly bigger and stronger than humans. And they didn't have to go through this hell of Earth to see God.
Unfortunately, just like humans, there are angels who sinned.

2 Peter 2:11
Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. --

According to st. Faustina, angels who sin are immediately punished and much less forgiveness is shown to them because nobody ever living on Earth (except Jesus) had better understanding of God. And that is why their sin is great insult to God.

As for devil:
God created Lucifer as great being, beautiful and powerful Angel.
But he chose to unthankfully rebel against his creator, who is Truth and Love, he and angels who followed him choosed Evil.

Isaiah 14
12 How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!

What angels and people have in common is that we are all servants of Lord, we are (well, not all) part of his kingdom.

Revelation 22:8
John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
uhmmm... That's a modern way to say it, Sure!!
that God giving Lucifer the power to think theory is new to me?
Do u remember who told u that, sounds cool?

Tassadar

Interesting Q.

God created the angels with the capability to exercise free-will. This is why it was possible for Lucifer to let his self-pride influence him to challenge God. Some say the number of angels who followed him in the Fall are in the billions. These would be the Powers, Principalites and Demons.
Angels are superior to man now, but will not be in the future for those in heaven. The angels will be subject to us.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Angels are superior to man now, but will not be in the future for those in heaven. The angels will be subject to us.

How did you come up with that? Bible says we will be *equal*.
But they will probably still have better bodies.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I always thought the Bible said that "man was created a little less than angels. Psalms 8:5

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I always thought the Bible said that "man was created a little less than angels. Psalms 8:5

regards
seekerof

That's true, even Jesus was lesser than angels as human while he was on Earth.
But it says that on final judgement, when we are resurrected then we will get such bodies.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah, Tyriffic is right, there will be 4 judgements after the tribulation:
The judgement of Believers (Christians),
The judgemetn of non-believers,
The judgement of the angels,
The judgement of teh nations.

We (Christian believers) will judge the angels in tehir judgement and each one that left God to follow Lucifer will be banished to the lake of fire, forever.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

We (Christian believers) will judge the angels in tehir judgement and each one that left God to follow Lucifer will be banished to the lake of fire, forever.

Tassadar

Can you explain this, you meant humans will judge angels?

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah like there'll be four judgements,

In the first judgement all Believers in Christ will be judged... If you believe in Christ as your savior, your name will be written down in the Book of Life. Durnig theis judgement the Book of Life will be opened and all whose name is written in the Book of Life will go to Heaven.

The second judgement is basically everyone else who doesn't believe in Christ. This is called the Great White Throne Judgement. Each person, dead or alive, who is not a believer will be judged before God. Of course, everyone in this judgement will go to hell and burn in the lake of fire for eternity.

The third judgement is the judgement of the angels. During this judgement humans (only the Believers who are already in heaven) will judge the angels with God. two thirds of the angels will be granted eternity in heaven. Lucifer and his followers (the other third of the angels) will be banished to hell for eternity with the AntiChrist, the Beasts, and the non-believers where they will burn in the lake of fire forever.

The fourth judgement is the judgement of the nations. To be honest, I don't know if they mean the ancient nations, modern nations, or the world as a whole.

So, yeah Quad, humans will judge the angels, but only those who believe in Christ and their names are written in the book of life.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Honestly, I think its absurd that humans will judge angels and bible doesn't mention that anywhere.
All that and thinking that people are higher beings than angels seems like a product of human arrogance (and ignorance).

God is the only one who has the power to judge.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Exactly............... So take that thought just a little farther........

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is not succinct, but it is
the one I could find...Psalm 8:3-6

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
vs man,...

'Man's greatest enemy is himself.' myself

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeadEnigma
vs man,...

...that was an easy enigma....

That which is, should be. That which was, will have been. That which will be, should not have.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeadEnigma
vs man,...

...that was an easy enigma....

That which is, should be. That which was, will have been. That which will be, should not have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join