It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we define what the 'Deep State' actually is and what it is not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: olaru12

not under control. Thats just oppression. What is needed is for women to break from the trance they have been put in and wake up to the world around them. They ARE being controlled now. Thats the problem.

The world around them is the digital age, it's around all of us. Perhaps they don't want YOUR back to the land ideal. I don't!!
BTW what are you doing on an internet forum conspiracy site anyway? Practice what you preach!

Freedom is letting women decide their own lifestyle, without interference from control freaks. They are totally capable of deciding for themselves.
Unless you want to grap em by the pu$$y, they'll let you do that if you are rich and famous enough.
edit on 12-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hmm, envision suicide bombers with matter transmitters....

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: agenda51

I wish I could agree with you, but from my observations, there are a lot of people out there that don't want freedom. It comes with too much responsibility.

Hey DB, hopefully not to steer off topic here, do you think 'Q' is controlled opposition?

I don't know.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Color me astonished...

Talk about gaining freedom but want to take women's cell phones away.

You just can't make this sh!t up.

scratch that, I guess George Orwell did.

It really is 1984, huh? There's your deep state!
edit on 12-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2018 by olaru12 because: peace and love brenda

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

world around us is digital.... um OK. There is a real world out there if you can break away and become free. People are there own jailers. There is even a thing called nature out there....animals and such. They go there whole lives without internet access.

Kids are at the book fair and I am recovering from 8 hours of tennis yesterday followed by a 7 mile run. I am resting. I only post here about once a year. I will be gone soon enough dont worry. I dont waste a lot of time on the internet instead of actually living life.

You sound like an oppressor or manipulator of women. You promote self oppression /isolation and hide it behind doublethink. I dont oppress my wife. She is slowly waking up its just taking a little longer. The more she becomes aware the happier she has become. It goes back to that inner peace notion.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

just more doublethink nonsense.

I dont take anything away. She willingly is starting to turn it off and not have it with her 24/7. Which is a good thing since they give you cancer.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nwtrucker

The only thing that would upset their evil plans would be something unpredicted. A meteor strike, a global epidemic, a zombie apocalypse.

Ummm...methinks such scenario's as you've mentioned would neither destroy them or upset their plans...I think they would instead be the arbiter of such...up to and including meteor strikes...

Robotic serfs are much easier to placate...and they hardly ever sass back...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I'm all for your freedom to live your life the way you see fit. And raise your family the way you want.

But because I don't see the world thru your eyes, I'm in a trance, controlled and an oppressor.

Please afford me the same courtesy I give to you.

Btw...I enjoy the natural life too. Put away the broad brush; you are wringing your own neck. Sorry about the mixed metaphors.

edit on 12-5-2018 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
State = governing body.
Deep = operating beneath the surface, attempting to remain undetected.
Deep State = undetected governing body pulling the strings that make actual things happen while surface governments are impotent to stop them

Makes sense. I was winging it...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The deep state is whoever did 911. And whoever is behind the attempt to destabilize 7 ME countries since 911.

Whoever elected Trump to start a war with Iran. Whoever is under the control of Ufology. Whoever is behind the press dumbing down the US population.

The deep state is the Bilderbergers, the powers behind the think tanks, NGO's and Banks.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: ronjer

What makes you think we haven't been infiltrated by them?

I am sure we have. They probably know much more about us (Hoi Polloi, I think I remember Leona Helmsey using that term once) than we do about them.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If you google it, its a SHAM the alt right made up. There is no deep state! If there is the, the alt right could name names and point fingers.

link   

If you google it, its a SHAM the alt right made up. There is no deep state! If there is the, the alt right could name names and point fingers.

link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There's no such thing as a Deep State in the way this forum, and most Trump supporters take it.

There is however an unelected government in the work in the form of appointees and people hired through normal processes that are career officials, who do their work day in and day out regardless of who is in charge. Without such work, a smooth transition of government cannot happen, and Democracy fails.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

There's no such thing as a Deep State in the way this forum, and most Trump supporters take it.

There is however an unelected government in the work in the form of appointees and people hired through normal processes that are career officials, who do their work day in and day out regardless of who is in charge. Without such work, a smooth transition of government cannot happen, and Democracy fails.

So as a correlation, then, there is no bureaucrat based, outside activity working either against the current Administration or in favor of any hidden agenda that any Administration may have?

Simply put, no 'deep State'?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2018 by RedmoonMWC because: Double Post

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The deep state exists and it is (primarily) the Obama administration.

Secondarily, it is establishment politicians that enjoy the "status quo" and don't want any real change in our country. They have an agenda and when the lowly unwashed upset their applecart, then we get punished with new laws, rules, restrictions, taxes.

In my opinion.

You very well may be right. Here's the questions your post raises for me. First, 'Deep State' also implies a 'Shallow State'. Yes? Otherwise, it is merely 'The State'.

If that implication holds true, then it would be the shallow state that Obama corrupted. Then there's plenty of evidence that everything in Obama's personal agenda used 'methods' already and often used by both political parties. Exposing Obama's expansion of those methods would expose their own lesser versions of the same methods. A built in protection. Hence, zero actual efforts beyond lip-service votes to counter him.

Second, while there was plenty of very bright individuals orchestrating Obam's agenda, I highly doubt this could have been implemented without a 'deep state' already in place. It strikes me as too much, too fast, without serious pre-planning. That implies a mechanism already in place.

I don't really know one way or another but that's my thoughts on it.

Correct nwtrucker.
The Shallow State would be the most visible, the state Representatives and Senators even the Governors of the various states and their staff. The Deep State would be mostly behind the scenes, ie the Bureaucracy (The biggest and deepest part of the Swamp) along with the PACs and Lobbyists, owned and controlled by Businesses and Banks, especially the international businesses and Banks.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

To the alt-right the deep state is a liberal group.

Conservatives and alt-righters distort the concept and make it a partisan left/right struggle.

That’s NOT what the deep stare is.

The deep state has conservatives and liberals in their grip. The Clinton’s and the Bush’s are deep state puppets. Trump, btw, is also a deep state puppet--the only thing is he may be too stupid to realize that

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP, I invite you to check out the movie/documentary referenced in the link I provided.
It will somewhat solidify what you may already be thinking and make you a bit angry. In short, all the tin foil hatery around here is much more true than not, regarding your privacy and the MIC. I am still not sure if I'm glad to have seen it or not. But it is truth.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join