It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we define what the 'Deep State' actually is and what it is not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wow, if they are that entrenched with hundreds of levels of protection. Can we even fight back or dismantle the beast?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nwtrucker

If they do exist, we may just have to live with it because we're in a symbiotic relationship with them. In order to destroy them, we'd have to destroy ourselves in the process.

That does appear to be about the only option at this point. Do you think instead of destroying ourselves, we could simply change to make their system ineffective?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The only thing that would upset their evil plans would be something unpredicted. A meteor strike, a global epidemic, a zombie apocalypse.

A revolution?

pfft.

Not a chance. Things like that have already been factored in.

If we're thinking "conspiratorially".

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

If they do exist, we may just have to live with it because we're in a symbiotic relationship with them. In order to destroy them, we'd have to destroy ourselves in the process.

That does appear to be about the only option at this point. Do you think instead of destroying ourselves, we could simply change to make their system ineffective?

Individuals can change, but for the whole to change, I seriously doubt it.

A decade ago everyone was worried about being "chipped".

Now we have cell phones. . . . . . .

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I do like the notion of a shallow state and a deep state. Seems likely and probably often at odds with each other. I kind of hope there is also a "rouge deep state"...just to keep things interesting.

But that is probably where the bad things start.
(so BOOOOOOOOO!)

That out of the way, there is such things as the CFR, Bilderberg conferences (meetings?), MIC, the alphabet agencies, etc.

It HAS to exist, and as mentioned above (DB?) as become symbiotic with our way of life by now. Probably just not as centralized and in as much control as most would think. That is where we citizens come in

Now...to infiltrate

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ronjer

What makes you think we haven't been infiltrated by them?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Personally, I think Trump (along with the SJWs) is very much a puppet who's just there to wreck havoc and ensure the rise of a totalitarian state by making people believe the only way to restore order is by a strong state with an unelected leader.

There was a thread years ago that features how during the French Revolution, the TPTB drained the swamp by eliminating the nobility and ensured the rise of Napoleon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/12/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The only thing that would upset their evil plans would be something unpredicted. A meteor strike, a global epidemic, a zombie apocalypse.

A revolution?

pfft.

Not a chance. Things like that have already been factored in.

If we're thinking "conspiratorially".

IDK man. Maybe that's why so many like Star Trek. It shows a future we could want:

The acquisition of things feeds the beast.

MAYBE that is what's happening in America. Not necessarily Trump but a helluva lot of people are tired of the gov't and what controls it. Sort of like...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Iv'e always admired men that wear lipstick...and wtf are those twisted sisters on the right doing?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We're tired of government yet would riot if our checks aren't in the mail.

We're tired of government, but would lose it if our mail wasn't delivered.

We're tired of government but could not last if our power went out.

Case in point, diabetes. Want to control people? Develop a treatment for diabetes that requires power (for refrigeration of insulin) make it expensive (control spending), and insure an endless customer base.

Develop a cure and people would be independent.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The change is happening. Homeschooling numbers grow everyday. Will it happen fast enough... who knows.

People are learning though. It all starts with the individual. People have to take the plunge. I wont own a cell phone. I turn the internaet off most of the time. I eat clean, exercise, spend a lot of time with my kids. My kids eat clean, exercise, have no internet access, limited TV mainly to old movies, play outside every day in nature etc. etc.

My wife has been the biggest challenge but she is coming around slowly. The more distances herself from her phone the more she breaks the self isolation barrier and continues down the path of becoming a Real mother, a real wife, a real .....person. Women in general are the biggest obsticle IMO. this modern digital culture has really messed them up.

So thats my view. No government revamp is going to change anything. It will just be corrupted eventually like any other government. People need to have a spritual moment and welcome sacrifice and hardship to get the real rewards that life has to offer. That which is love and inner peace. Getting off the technology drugs is a big leap of faith that many just cant do, wont do, or dont even think about yet.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The deep state exists and it is (primarily) the Obama administration.

Secondarily, it is establishment politicians that enjoy the "status quo" and don't want any real change in our country. They have an agenda and when the lowly unwashed upset their applecart, then we get punished with new laws, rules, restrictions, taxes.

In my opinion.

Second, while there was plenty of very bright individuals orchestrating Obam's agenda, I highly doubt this could have been implemented without a 'deep state' already in place. It strikes me as too much, too fast, without serious pre-planning. That implies a mechanism already in place.

George Bush Sr New World Order Live Speech Sept 11 1991

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Women in general are the biggest obsticle IMO. this modern digital culture has really messed them up.

This....

The deep state couldn't even exist if we could just get those bi*****s under control!!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Dang, you are kind of diabolical aren't you?

The gov will be approaching shortly with an offer to sell your soul for material gain. They like those ideas.

I wonder, would we really even need the majority to make changes. I am guilty as hell of calling 80% of the people out there 'sheep'. They will simply follow the herd. What if it only takes 5-10% with new and original ideas to get the others to join? Maybe the majority isn't necessary. We just need to find a way to capture their attention and imagination without resorting to dishonesty.

I think the major challenge would be to overcome their laziness in presenting a new path.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

not under control. Thats just oppression. What is needed is for women to break from the trance they have been put in and wake up to the world around them. They ARE being controlled now. Thats the problem.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

An often used phase on this site. . .

Controlled opposition.

Create an opposing force so that it looks like there is a movement against government. But pull the strings and manipulate the opposition so that nothing is ever gained.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
State = governing body.
Deep = operating beneath the surface, attempting to remain undetected.
Deep State = undetected governing body pulling the strings that make actual things happen while surface governments are impotent to stop them

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

people naturally want to be free. A majority is not needed. I dont look at people as sheep as much as I do victims in this massive psyop that has been implemented on mankind.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I've sat with this view for a few years now and haven't bothered to voice it bu your post brings it to mind and I will suffer the ridicule for it now:

So many 'interests' , so many strings. Some overlap in interest, temporarily or long term. Others in complete opposition to one another.

Take the central banks. Tremendous power. Yet a two edged sword. The 'system' is what gives them their power. Their deeds, their loans, their money sis all paper. An economic collapse and their 'paper' is so much bathroom tissue. Useless. They fight to maintain the system all the while slowly tightening the screws. Then there's those that know that if the economic system collapses, the military powers are next to loses their control. So every smal nation under the grips of those loans, every local dictator who'd expand his influence and control, regionally, would also love to see the system go down.

All fighting within the system. One branch of gov't fights for funding over others, the Navy fights with the Army and Air Force. One nation jockeying for favors at the cost of a neighbor. Population control types bucking Corporations that need populations for 'profit'. Too many 'interests' to satisfy all.

Grid lock. County level, State level, Federal and internationally. Grid Lock. Some interests astute enough to take advantage of the grid lock and makes headway. Decisions make based on the fewest toes stepped on. If too many toes, do nothing. Pass a law that takes effect after the current batch have long retired. Pension funds and the like.

A cacophony of me, me, mes, do nothing effective as some donator will be hurt. Lip-service legislation. Lip-service agreements. Lip-service sanctions and resolutions...

Every institution. The U.N., the world's national gov'ts. All of them. Be at the right places, at the right times, vote for the near meaningless legislation.

No one controls this mess. No one. Too big, Too many interests. Too much change, too fast. Influence? Yes. Effect? Yes. Control? Not bloody likely.

There. I've said it. In a way I wash someone was controlling this. It would better better than what we have now....

If someone comes around as says 'enough of this' and does something about it? Vilify.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I wish I could agree with you, but from my observations, there are a lot of people out there that don't want freedom. It comes with too much responsibility.

Hey DB, hopefully not to steer off topic here, do you think 'Q' is controlled opposition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join