It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we define what the 'Deep State' actually is and what it is not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Generalities. A pox on them all! They're almost 'trash bins' where we glibly dump negatives.

One close to heart and specifically an American label and 'apparent' fight is the Deep State. I try to avoid headaches and use Occam's Razor as a 'KISS' (Keep it simple stupid) method of avoid needing a mental reboot.

Over the years, I've met numerous individuals and have seen the mechanism, even in the early twentieth century, in movies even earlier, of individuals who move to remote areas to get away from those they had been working for within the Federal gov't. In the day, Wyoming and the surrounding States. These days Costa Rica and the like. It implies that there was something to get far away from. LOL.

So how old is this Deep State? Where did it likely begin? Bureaucrats running it? Specific agencies? Just what are or have been the goals of the Deep State? Have they changed? Is the 'Deep State' nothing more than some Hegelian Dialectic? An outright misdirect to further tie up citizen's attention whilst different agendas continue?

This planet and it's peoples are interconnected. One can always find 'connection' to groups, individuals outside the nation. Pulling up those connections can be 'strings' to pull for further evidence....or overstressed points given far too much credence when one looks at the whole picture.

Therein lies the problem. Submerge interest via an overwhelming and contradictory amount of information deliberately false with most end up going 'Bah! Give me a beer!"

ATS allows for about the most diverse collection of views around. Perhaps, perhaps, we can narrow this down,somewhat, and articulate it better than it has been so far.

The first question I would pose is does a 'deep State' even exist?
edit on 12-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The deep state exists and it is (primarily) the Obama administration.

Secondarily, it is establishment politicians that enjoy the "status quo" and don't want any real change in our country. They have an agenda and when the lowly unwashed upset their applecart, then we get punished with new laws, rules, restrictions, taxes.

In my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
yeah it's the Rothschilds and other progressive elite who want a one world order and total control over the population and earths resources

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No it does not exhist. Its all just imaginary LOL. Ignorance is bliss blah, blah, blah.

Honestly I dont even know where to start when people want me to explain this stuff. I ussually tell them to research 9/11 because its a pretty potent redpill thats easy to get involved with. Others are WACO, Kennedy family assasignations, OK city bombing etc. etc.

If you want to know who the controllers are you can look up the CFR memebers and organizations and start following the money trail down the rabbitholes.

This stuff goes back thousands of years though....thousands. You can spend your entire life learning about it.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The deep state exists and it is (primarily) the Obama administration.

Secondarily, it is establishment politicians that enjoy the "status quo" and don't want any real change in our country. They have an agenda and when the lowly unwashed upset their applecart, then we get punished with new laws, rules, restrictions, taxes.

In my opinion.

You very well may be right. Here's the questions your post raises for me. First, 'Deep State' also implies a 'Shallow State'. Yes? Otherwise, it is merely 'The State'.

If that implication holds true, then it would be the shallow state that Obama corrupted. Then there's plenty of evidence that everything in Obama's personal agenda used 'methods' already and often used by both political parties. Exposing Obama's expansion of those methods would expose their own lesser versions of the same methods. A built in protection. Hence, zero actual efforts beyond lip-service votes to counter him.

Second, while there was plenty of very bright individuals orchestrating Obam's agenda, I highly doubt this could have been implemented without a 'deep state' already in place. It strikes me as too much, too fast, without serious pre-planning. That implies a mechanism already in place.

I don't really know one way or another but that's my thoughts on it.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

the Obama administration.

IMO this is a highly superficial and mainstream partisan view of our government and the hidden power structures that lay within.

Go read the clinton e-mails specifically her communications with Lynn Rothschild.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
yeah it's the Rothschilds and other progressive elite who want a one world order and total control over the population and earths resources

You may very well be right.

Gut-wise, I feel there are far more interests than them. Much has grown and changed over the decades. A one time, oil was the issue for the U.S. internationally. Far and away the biggest foreign exchange issue. Now? Less and less, when measured against a world-wide economy. Still big but not the only voice.

That's the analogy I'd use for the 'Bank crowd'.

Not sure though.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There were past threads that talk about how the US has a shadow government. Here's one of them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I feel there are far more interests than them. Much has grown and changed over the decades.

Oh I totally agree, it's pretty obvious Mossard or some Isreali something or other is backing Trump, you would think that's a Rothschild connection but I'm starting to wonder if it's more of a Vatican thing.

There has obviously been a break in the upper tier of the hidden hand. Lot of battling going on right now.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That can't be ignored. The US being a capitalistic system it grew beyond just the MIC. Corporations are now part of that.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I would say private information and control of such information is the new Oil.

Internet really opened up a pandoras box.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it exists. I think it goes way back to the late 1800's and just has been involved in many, many notable things since, but has never gotten the amount of influence or control it seeks. It probably has had some successes but can never truly predict human behavior or idiosyncrasies of the populace and elected officials. Probably goes back to the Framers setting things up to not allow for any entity to wrest total control.

That is what I hope anyway

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

There were past threads that talk about how the US has a shadow government. Here's one of them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I recall that. Didn't Obama appoint non-elected individuals who by-passed the appointment process and the duly appointed Cabinet who answered to Obama, alone?

In that, DC Cowboy has a point. If not unprecedented, then certainly it raised the bar to new heights. The question is was that 'Shallow State' or is there a deep State beneath that level?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Things are different now.

...more "cyber."

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-5-2018 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If there is a true "deep state", a controlling oligarchy that spans ideologies, nations, religions, borders, then there is really nothing we can do about it.

We would be mere pawns in their world machinations. We would be cannon fodder to be used and tossed aside.

Every conceivable attempt to thwart them and their plans has probably already been discussed and anticipated.

The only thing that would upset their evil plans would be something unpredicted. A meteor strike, a global epidemic, a zombie apocalypse.

If they do exist, we may just have to live with it because we're in a symbiotic relationship with them. In order to destroy them, we'd have to destroy ourselves in the process.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That can't be ignored. The US being a capitalistic system it grew beyond just the MIC. Corporations are now part of that.

Yes, that one has been often quoted. I would modify that with the era in which he was referring to. My understanding is that in that cold war era, the military spending exceeded 10% of the GNP. Now somewhere around the 4% level.

Depending on further input, I'd guess the MIC has a role in the Deep State, but a specialized one rather than a master group that plans and initiates wars as some claim. My opinion could change on that, however.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

I would say private information and control of such information is the new Oil.

Internet really opened up a pandoras box.

Agreed. This 'could' change in the future, but for now is it a new 'master' or merely a tool? Both?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The deep state is the entity that conservatives like to use to place blame on; rather than take personal responsibility for their own destiny....and the failures of the neocon GOP.

All hail Alex Jones!!! and Hannity
edit on 12-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The only thing that would upset their evil plans would be something unpredicted. A meteor strike, a global epidemic, a zombie apocalypse.

A revolution?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join