It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The politics of English. And it's power.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We are caught within our mother tongue, in this case English. We know more of it than is possible to think about, for one person. It is innate.

This is helpful for when English gives you signs about your use of language or tone.

I have developed a method to write rather clean lines and also a sort of automated pun system based upon intuition in regards to my flow of typing. I feel the syntax related errors of a string of words, I don't cognitively come up with some imaginary idea that I should edit something. It's based on a sense of orderliness, and subliminal geometry ideas or something. It's hard to understand something I can't intellectualise and do naturally.

All based on feeling though. That's where English gives you hints, not by thinking.

When we think, we take full control of English. Which makes it useless, or at least, redundant compared to other methods.

Now, take in everything I just said for a moment. [SNIPPED]
edit on 12-5-2018 by throwaway115 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5.12.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped profanity

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

Righto, forgive me for not using the english language properly to ascertain why this is political mudpit material?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i think it is pretty obvious what he means in many ways.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
i think it is pretty obvious what he means in many ways.

That language inhibits imagination ?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
In fact the English language is very reluctant to accept fixed rules. Any rules you can find are informal and flexible, or they are traditional conventions valued as forms. Just like the British constitution.

Whereas having a written constitution is very non-English. It's the kind of thing you would expect from a rigid language like Latin. Latin is the language for binding people with precise definitions.

P.S.I notice the OP has not been on ATS since July. I won't wait for an answer.

edit on 8-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

not at all. i know no imagination.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Terrence Mckenna always said this was a limiting affect on imagination and mystery , when you define something you bind its mystery to that definition,

when a baby sees a bird fly through the window into the nursery , the magic is dispelled by the mother who says "its a bird" , a BIIIIRRRRDDD! "

the now magical creature has a name , and is defined forever

language does place limitations on things which have yet to be defined!

Notice how we have more words for suffering and pain in the English language than we do for " love"

new topics

top topics

join