It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It looks like there has been quite a bit of discussion about water witching since I last checked in. I'll go back and catch up after I finish this post.

I did an ad hoc experiment of sorts, initially with cut down coat hangers. Then I tried using some drinking straw sleeves and copper wire probes.

All I can say is that my initial experience was a little spooky. Once the "circuit" was fully charged, I noticed a lot of consistency in localized indications. But the most interesting result was the movement of the probes. I was holding the probe handles relatively sturdily and I could feel the friction of their autonomous rotation. My hands were seated firmly in my armpits to minimize any micro-movements that might be induced by my outstretched arms.

I'll have to replicate these results a few more times before I'm convinced that there's truly some unknown force at play. I've also devised some additional apparatus to attempt to eliminate any unconscious bias I may be introducing into the experiment.

My stream-of-consciousness results follow:

Experiment #1 – Playing with the basics
1) Manufacturing the Instrument
a) Coat hanger wire
i) 8” handle
ii) 12” wiper
iii) Right angle bend
b) Instrument sleeves
i) Cut down medium-grade soda straws.
ii) Just hand-width length of straw
c) Copper wire
i) #10 conductors from 10-3/G Romex
ii) Difficult to straighten out.
iii) Seemed stiff enough

2) Test Procedure
a) Instrument grip
(1) Non-sleeved
(a) Hold rod handle with enough force to maintain the wipers in a horiz position, aimed directly to the front,
(b) Wipers should ride slightly off the top of the fist
(i) I found the rods to still be responsive even if it slightly rested on the top of the fist.
(2) Sleeved
(a) If soda straw sleeves are used, position straws such that the top of the straw is only slightly higher than the top of the fist.
(b) The instrument’s wiper rests on the edge of the straw, with no contact to fist.
b) Hand and arm position
i) Fists are placed firmly in the armpits
ii) Elbows are as close to body as possible
iii) This instrument placement attenuates some of the micro movements present when the arms are extended.
c) Movement
i) Slow pace half-stride walk

3) Test scenarios
a) Coat hangers
b) Coat hangers & straws
c) Copper wire
i) #10 conductors from 10-3/G Romex
ii) Difficult to straighten out.
iii) Seemed stiff enough

4) Results and Observations
a) Charge up time.
i) Right hand instrument becomes responsive first
ii) Slightly more left hand initial responsiveness at 3:00AM
b) Can feel the instrument rotating in hand.
i) Not an illusion
ii) The instrument’s rotation overcame the friction I was applied to the rod to keep it level and stationary.
c) Hands were dry.
i) Like squeaky clean
d) Only got indications when in motion.
i) Receive indication
ii) Reset rods to rest position
iii) Rods remain at rest until forward movement resumes
iv) Immediately receive indication
e) Copper wire didn’t feel right.
i) Wonder if this is related to non-linearity of wire
f) 12:00AM
i) Good results.
(1) Located the water line
(2) Found a couple of other spots where the rods stayed crossed.
(a) On N. side of house near the underground river
(b) On N. side of the shop
(c) On S. side of shop
(3) Did not detect anything down near the holler.
(a) Expected to find something there
(b) Did not go all the way to the bottom
(4) Very consistent indications
(a) Crossed in same location, for approx. same distance
(b) Walking either direction – consistent
ii) Really creepy experience!
g) 3:00AM approximate experiment time
i) The middle of the night
ii) Earth rotated directly opposite of sun.
iii) Lowest magnetic field density of the 24 hour day.
iv) Results
(1) Longer charge-up time.
(2) Once exposed to water line, rods flung completely to the outside
(a) Reverse polarity
(3) Seems to hang in that position.
(a) Even when the rods are reset, they quickly move back to the outside.
(b) Once hung, there is no longer any valid indication
-dex

ETA: The post lost all of the formatting of the outline. Sorry...

edit on 5/16/2018 by DexterRiley because: formatting

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Same thing with how a compass needle works; flow is energy... so when standing static with the iron in the body and two leads as the poles they will move in and out depending on that flow.

Another sort of dowsing can be done with a sewing needle before birth to know cheapy the sex of the child. Hold it about three inches above the later term foetus "threaded" and it will move back and fourth/up or down for a male; and circular for female. If both? Paternal twins...(rare).

The wire/straw/tube business is easier and better than messing around with the old wooden yoke. Although it will pull down hard and jump about... especially willow having deep roots and water loving.

Think of how a plumb bob works... it will no matter the angle try to aim directly towards the center mass of the earth. Especially good for the brick and mortar sorts in their line of work. Best to leave the compass to the architect... as they including family are liable no matter how old the structure is if it fails by design and not a natural occurrence. Hence the old adage do not build a house on sand; which makes the design of the old architects masterworks and the 7th wonder as pyramids are found all over the world. To withstand nearly any natural force forces; elemental or animal.

1st civilization knew their stuff; sad most fresh out of civics 101 still fail to retain even the most basic of teachings; especially when chosen as a career field meant to carry the rest of us; across any fiord as the populace sees fit(in an unrigged democratic fashion) personally I care more about the North and South poles; than tickets to watch a public spectacle. Casualty vampires however? About as bad as ambulance chasers...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Why I think it's nonsense:

Wooden rod, check

Metal rods, check.

Detects flowing spring and aquifers, check

Also detects 2" pvc pipes with no water flowing. Check.

Seems like everything works. Why not douse for gold. All you need is an aluminum foil hat and brillo pad slippers. Trust me it work's.

Water has more gravity than dirt? Electromagnetic flow? Come on yall. We've got people claiming to find tiny little house pipes that they already knew about. Thats an insignificant amount of plastic/copper/steel with an insignificant amount of static water inside it. They are pulling our chain.

Snipe hunt next weekend. Who's coming?
edit on 22-5-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage; It's an art, not a science, or pseudo science. There is a book out; " The Art of Dowsing", by an Aussie author. His kid can also dowse, but took the smarter career route and became an accountant. The main problem with water dowsing is that the well drillers get paid by the foot. So most all of them pack driller's mud in the bore, which keeps out gently running water courses for weeks. So he gets to drill a lot deeper, $$$. A real water witch will only work with one or two drillers in a large area. He has to trust them to keep the pressures down.

I live in the Columbia Plateau Basalt floods. If a good water course, between two flow members, is upended by an Earthquake, and goes dry, then it's shadow may exist for Centuries, or maybe Millenniums. Sometimes you can learn more, from where an art like this, won't work.

So, in a manner of speaking, you are forecasting where a running stream of water may be hiding in solid rock formations. I want to have walked over the ground before I do a map dowse, say for a missing person.

Farther North, near Colville, you are out of the Basalts, but deep wells have to hit within a foot or so, of your dowsed targets. And some aquifers are only a couple of feet wide, in vertical rock formations. Five feet, one way or the other, and you're trying to suck water from solid granites. So the successful pairing of a dowser and his driller, also have to be dead nutz accurate, when drilling down hundreds of feet into the rock strata.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smashdem

What do you think happens when one taps a well in unstable ground and then pumps all the water out of that pocket? If done on stable ground using divination or other technology to find the best spot? Then it is just a pocket of water and not really the source and voila sinkhole once the water passing sweeps enough of it away to collapse in on itself.

Some of these are huge especially in places where cities have done the same thing... recycling/desalination seems the best way to go; to not mess with the cycle naturally occuring.

Some places sure it must be pumped from the ground to be hospitable to whomever wants to live there; in deserts an oasis was the sure place to find sanctuary but not live; as that is where all larger life would also arrive for supply. Meaning all that creeps would be invading one's dwelling shortly after mostly out of curiosity and some hey that smells like my third cousin twice removed lol.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was a skeptic until as a teen, I was up in the woods and cam across this old guy who was doing some work getting water from the property my dad just bought. There was a spring up there, but he wanted to place a catch tank and some other stuff. He didn't know I was there, but he got off his backhoe and cut a Y branch. He proceeded to twist it in such a way that the tip pointed about 45 degrees up. He walked back and forth across the area, and the stick would arch down (not point down) just like if you had a fish on pulling it to the ground. My jaw dropped.

I am unable to do it, but my dad can and I held the other side once and it is very clear that the person isn't somehow manipulating it. It is just like a fish on a rod, not tipping or pointing, but bending. Local lore is that one in a generation can do it.

There was a well-drilling company where my family was from that would give a discount if it had been doused by a certain guy as he could also tell you how deep it was. He had to use fiberglass sticks as wood would just snap spontaneously.

A couple of years ago, they were doing some work at the Advanced Research (ARC - Missile Defense Agency) here in Huntsville. They were working on the water system and were out there dousing. I knew it was legit, but a bunch of engineers were all bent about using bogus techniques, lol. Just because you don;t believe it doesn't make in fail to exist.

Can't find the original study, but popular mechanics has and article from a while back Finding Finding Water With A Forked Stick May Not Be A Hoax

Anyway, whatever. science may figure it out sometime, but it is a fact that I observed it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

With a wooden dowel, stick, staff, or whatever piece of wood if you want to know which end pointed towards the sky and which end was root without any knots in it? Tie a cord right at it's center balance(dead level inside and hang it on the end of your finger through a loop the root end will dip and stay towards the ground.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

If you're trying to dowse, this is called a "dipping needle". But if it's really a dowse, the stick must be carried over flowing water, regardless of which end goes up or down. You don't need the string around your finger either. I balanced a four foot long,steel pry bar, and put some electrician's tape at it's balance point. Even with this much weight, the point of the bar will dip over water flowing in an underground pipe. This big old bar is forged into an octagon, to better fit your grip. I just carry it loosely, cradled in my fingers, of one hand. Using muscles to carry the heavy steel bar, or to grasp tightly a forked stick, seems to help with the dowsing's reaction. Angle rods need to he held really loose, or in bearings, as you're not putting any real muscles into holding them.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

In the old days when Australia started to become populated finding water and getting a well dug to reach it was often a matter of life and death.

Wells often took a week or two to dig because the hard ground, rock etc. They were on a life and death time line in terms of staying alive, keeping their stock alive and settling the country.

This goes for about 90% of the landmass in the old days.

When I was a child I saw a number water diviners find underground water streams for farmers and settlers. I even used one such person myself and he was right on the button too when it came to deciding where to put my own bore.

On my parents farm he was even told which direction the underground stream run and he was correct too.

These old blokes weren't always right but there were rarely wrong either.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Nice sounds like a crow/pry bar... as some come in that shape.

You can also hold the very same bar perfectly North strike it very firm and hard with a hammer and it will magnetize it... great if said implement is a crow/pry bar so the nail can be retrieved without bending over.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG
Sorry, but I was trying to make my point that the weight, or mass, of the dipping needle isn't important. My big oct. sided crow bar "ranch bar", IIRC, is about all I want to pack around. Because it fits around in the knuckles of my fingers, like an Oct. barrelled muzzleloader barrel does, you don't have to grasp it for dear life, to use it, as a dipping needle.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join