It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As we are all built of elements, it would seem that some people might have more copper in them and others not.

Daniel 2:43

And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.

When God created Adam, he was built from the earth itself.

Notice how iron is then mixed with clay creating a new seed or species of humans.

i speculate that those who divine easily have fallen angel DNA in their blood stream whilst those who cannot divine are more pure human as Adam was.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For what it's worth, my grandfather, my dad, and I can all witch with bent rods. None of my other family members can do it oddly enough. Dad and I can find plastic or clay drainage tile in fields, and steel or plastic water lines buried in lawns or barnyards.

As a point of interest, and I'm not sure if there''s any relevance, a lot of the water in our area is moderately high in iron, and most of it is at least a little sulphuric.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

i speculate that those who divine easily have fallen angel DNA in their blood stream whilst those who cannot divine are more pure human as Adam was.

Well, that's an incredible thing to believe. Absolute nonsense.
edit on 12-5-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Another thing with water. If I ride on the canal tow path on the bike and only just started, fresh and composed, there is no effect. But once done a few miles, got a sweat on and heart pumping I can feel something like magnetic as if the water is trying to pull me on the bike towards it. It draws you towards it

I've noticed that too. I've crashed the other way a few times to avoid falling in.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1
Predictable ignorant response.

So Mr Know-it-all: explain why some people can do it and others cannot.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There's a term for that. Target fixation. I've seen guys landing their hang glider hit the only bush in a huge LZ because they were trying so hard not to.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hammaraxx

Not quite sure I understand this question, but...

I have no doubt in my mind, if someone were to bury water pipes in an area and I had absolutely no knowledge of where (or if) they were there, I could walk across it with the wires and locate every single one within the space of a foot or two.

I myself couldn't go as far as some people claim and tell you how much water or how far down, but I would be able to get a rough idea of how much water and/or how close it was to the surface.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Haha, maybe.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

I'm an Iron Maiden?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-EyesI've noticed that too. I've crashed the other way a few times to avoid falling in.

Wow just the same
Literally had to throw the bike to the ground while riding it to avoid going into the canal water. It literally feels like being sucked in.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There's a term for that. Target fixation. I've seen guys landing their hang glider hit the only bush in a huge LZ because they were trying so hard not to.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is something completely different. When the water is next to you and your body has built up a sweat and the heart is pounding the water literally takes hold of you lie a magnet, you honestly have to battle with the handle bars as they pull towards the water. As Wide-Eyes said you literally have to crash your bike to avoid being sucked into the canal water

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Good thing you can control your legs better than you can your arms. Otherwise you'd just walk right in.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hammaraxx

Do you think it makes a difference if you know where water is before hand? Does that knowledge bias how the rods behave, by causing you to subtly make sure they move where you know water to be?

In the tests we did with students the students had no idea where the underground pipes were located. They just walked a portion of the grid with the rods. In many cases, we instructors had no idea where the pipes might be or if there were pipes there. Over 26 years the success rate for these students was 80%.

The guy who did the witching for two water wells in our area noted the presence of water and gave us a depth of 40-45 feet. One well came in at 42 feet, the other at 44 feet. I have no idea how he arrived at those conclusions but he was about 80 years old at the time and known to be the most accurate of water witches in the county.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My first post was, indeed, unscientific. I did not follow any established method to properly document the experience, nor was it repeatable in a controlled sense.

This post by you was anti-scientific. It summarily dismisses a claim without any attempt to establish factual evidence.

I'll take anecdotal evidence over anti-scientific methodology any day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hhahhaha yes but it doesn't work like that, the magnetism literally takes hold of you as you ride. My theory is the bike being metal is magnetised and is drawn towards the water. You wouldn't acrually feel it on foot, but when on the bike you are literally sucked into the water. Totally weird but in the light of dowsing sort of understandable

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It summarily dismisses a claim without any attempt to establish factual evidence.
It was an anecdote, what factual evidence could be established other than what was said?

The person could not control their arms because the water was making them turn toward the water. And yet, they were not "drawn" toward the water when off of the bike?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

My theory is the bike being metal is magnetised and is drawn towards the water.
But just the handlebars, which rotate toward the water. Not the whole bike. The handlebars which are controlled by your arms.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
dowsing is the same concept behind atmospheric eletricity but in a small size

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It was an anecdote, what factual evidence could be established other than what was said?

An experiment could be designed to test whether or not the water actually had an effect not yet understood. Just as in my anecdote, an experiment could be designed that would test my ability to water witch (and I would happily participate).

Almost all scientific discoveries have been preceded by 'unproven' evidence. Some years back, a group of explorers returned to England from a trip into the wilds of South America, raving about huge, powerful man-beasts which had attacked them. They were locked away as insane. Then someone discovered and documented the South American gorilla.

Beware that adherence and respect for science does not become a fanatical dismissal of the methodology science uses. If you discount the experience so much, set up an experiment to determine the story's veracity. Until then, simply keep an open mind.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just as in my anecdote, an experiment could be designed that would test my ability to water witch (and I would happily participate).
Indeed it could. It would be easy, just install an autopilot on the bike instead of a human driver. If it has to correct away from the water, you might have something. Perfect project for you, being an engineer.

They were locked away as insane.
Really?

Then someone discovered and documented the South American gorilla.
What?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join