It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

How would you set that up?

Off the top of my head, basically, I would start with controls. Pipes in known locations and depths v. none. And variations thereon.

Double blind would be that neither the diviner (obviously) or the observer would know which was where.

If pipes were found more often than a random indication would suggest, you might have something.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorant post but anyone who watched HXH probably got a hard-on reading the title.

Carry on.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
One good test would be to have someone follow a dowser with an EMF detector (measured in mGauss).
If a magnetic field could cause 2 wires to flip around like a compass needle.. then there should be a hell of a hit on the meter.

A simple, straight forward test that can be done today easily... but many people that claim it to be real, do not want to back up their observations... Why is that?
edit on 12-5-2018 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Dowsing is the same as using an Ouija board, and the same power is where ESP comes from. An intelligent person is behind it. It is an occult art, the power behind it is demonic.

Dowsing has been shown to have real results time and time again. There was an estimate that in the United States alone around 25,000 people use dowsing.

And people have used it, that is the divining or witching rod, for more than just look for water underneath them.

Probably the most famous story of proven dowsing was by the dowser Henry Gross. It was said by geologists that fresh water could not be found underground in Bermuda. The following is a quote from the newspaper The Saturday Evening Post:

“Gross spread out a map of Bermuda in [novelist Kenneth] Roberts’s home in Kennebunkport, Maine, and passing his divining rod over it, marked three places where fresh water was to be found . . . To check his findings, Gross and Roberts flew to Bermuda, persuaded the government to provide drilling equipment, and went to work. A few months later, in April 1950, all three wells had come in as Gross had said they would.”

Reporters have seen rods shake so violently in the hands of dowsers that they leave blisters, and not all point downward. Sometimes they point up, some hit the dowser in the face or the chest.

The first reported mention of dowsing is in De Re Metallica by Georgius Agricola in 1556. He stated that the dowsing rod did not work for everyone but only "but only for those who employ incantations and craft."

Jacques Aymar during the 17th century in France was dowsing when his rod pointed to a murder victim, a woman. And then it pointed to her husband. After which the witching rod was used to hunt down criminals.

To quote an author who once thought there was a scientific explanation behind dowsing, he wrote a book titled "Dowsing—an Exposé of Hidden Occult Forces" and shows that the intelligent forces employed behind dowsing are the same as the ones behind ESP and using Ouija boards. He showed there were dowsers who claimed to use their rods to heal people and make people sick as well.

The book "Dowsing—The Ancient Art of Rhabdomancy" by Robert H Leftwich says concerning dowsing: "The energies being tapped probably belong to powers that . . . are closely allied to those practised in witchcraft. Careless experimentation can therefore be dangerous."

Curiously the Bible even talks about God's people using the divination rod instead of looking to Jehovah:

“My people consult their block of wood, a rod answers their questions.”—Hosea 4:12, The Jerusalem Bible.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you have the ability to divine, your success rate is 100%. If you don't have the ability to dowse or witch, your success rate is 0%.

The raw data for all our studies are part of the field notes for the classes. The age range was 13 to 73 years. Don't recall the male/female ratio but I suspect it was slightly majority males. My boss was in the process of analyzing that data in preparation of publishing the study....when he became ill and died before he could complete it.

The fun for us was to see the conversion from scoffer to believer.

As another poster pointed out, companies trust millions of dollars to this ability. I don't know a heavy equipment operator who would work without a dowser or three on the crew. No batteries to go dead and no heavy equipment to lug around.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yep I can confirm it works for me. My parents moved down to an old monastic house near Tintagel in Cornwall and on a visit they got me to hold some rods they’d bought, out of curiosity, from the nearby witches museum in Boscastle.

My mum gave me them and asked me to walk in the garden and patio area until they crossed. I was sceptical that anything would happen as the rods bobbed around a little, but it did. They crossed very clearly and purposefully, over an ancient underground stream that engineers had found previously, which I had no knowledge about until my mum told me afterwards. She had also successfully tried it. The movement was so clearly defined I just laughed out loud.

It was so strong that I could stand on the edge of where they cross and move forwards and backwards slowly but repeatedly, watching the rods cross and uncross as if caught in an invisible barrier.
edit on 12/5/2018 by firesnake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Once science can correlate a dowsing effect with a known energy anomaly, or even a new one, you won't be able to get science off the subject.

Hocus Pocus will not be accepted.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I played around, trying to do water divination when I was a kid. I was sure I found water plenty of times but I don't think I was able to verify any of it. I probably saw something about it on TV and it became my interest for a little while and then something else replaced it as most kids go through.

I wonder if the reason that some people can do it and others can't could be due to the amount of electricity their bodies generate?

I remember being at the Reef HQ Aquarium in Townsville, Australia with my parents and having fun with one of the displays about electric eels. It had two copper plates. One to place each hand on and a display that measured the amount of electricity your body output. Both my Mother and I produced around about the same low reading, but my Father was almost of the chart showing he had a very high output.

I'll try to talk him into an experiment sometime and see if either of of us can do it. It would be interesting if either of us can, if one can and the other can't and which one of us it is. If I can and my father can't, I'll next have to see if my mother can. Perhaps, I'll try and talk them both into trying it one day?

I do have a couple of questions for those in the thread who do water divination before I try it with Dad.
Do you think it makes a difference if you know where water is before hand?
Does that knowledge bias how the rods behave, by causing you to subtly make sure they move where you know water to be?
I'd prefer to hear from people with real success because I already know the only sceptical answer would be "yes".

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Ummm...the L-rods can also be used to find lost things...not just for finding veins of water...

One merely concentrates on the lost item and the rods indicate direction...

I think that witching has more to do with a sympathetic relationship being formed between the one visualizing and the object visualized...

Perhaps a form of entanglement due to conscious familiarization concentration...

That's my theory...and I'm sticking with it...

Until I'm disproved natch...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Dowsing depends upon how much static electricity freely flows through a persons body.

Now that is very interesting.

I happen to have a very high natural body resistance. I discovered it when I started building electronic kits a long, long time ago. I had one kit I put together that was supposed to sound like a motorcycle when you touched both wires coming off it. The harder you squeezed the wires, the faster it would sound like it would run (variable oscillator controlled by body resistance). I put it together and tried it out... nothing. So I checked my wiring and it was right. I tried again...again nothing. I went and got Dad to help me and all he had to do was touch the wires and it worked. I finally figured out that if I squeezed as hard as I could, I could get it to go putt... putt... putt... nothing like a motorcycle, more like a slow drip in a sink.

I later realized what made it work and that my resistance to electricity was so high. It came in handy later on when I was working as an electrician... 120VAC tickles good, but it doesn't really shock me much. Dunno about 240VAC; I'm eccentric, but not stoopid.

I've always wondered if that didn't have something to do with the witching wires slamming so hard.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Can I design the experiment?

Go for it.

Do a good enough job and I'll see if I can help you publish it. You can have your name in a professional journal!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Great news on going down that route for water...................... You need some help down there. When a kid we were messing around with rods, sticks, pendulums (my fave) and one us us would not believe it worked. He help the two pronged sprung branch in his hands and was desparately trying to stop it moving, went over the water coarse and boy did it move, went straight over and back up and whacked him in the goolies. Believed it after that for sure........... Oooooooo can still remember the groan

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hammaraxx

I do have a couple of questions for those in the thread who do water divination before I try it with Dad.

All the below are in my personal experience only.

Do you think it makes a difference if you know where water is before hand?

No. I found several water lines I had forgotten about... to the point I would have damaged them if I dug there.

Does that knowledge bias how the rods behave, by causing you to subtly make sure they move where you know water to be?

In my experience, the amount of water determines how hard the wires cross. As long as you hold the wires loosely, attempting to nudge them into misbehaving does not work.

Some people in this thread have said that it depends on the person whether they can water witch or not. I don't know; the one time I tried it, it worked... well enough to shock me. So your mileage may vary.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's like magic. If you put a coin under two plying cards or something and hold a dowsing pendulum under which one the coin is, it will pull in that direction. Maybe that is the metal effect too but it usually doesn't pull in that direction util you ask it the question. Very bizarre

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That would seem to indicate a psychological component. But I know in my case, the psychological component was geared toward disproving the idea. I'm a research engineer... when I experiment, I'm trying to fail. That gives more credence to the experiment results if I succeed.

Not discounting what you're suggesting here... just analyzing. I'd like to know how and why it works.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Another thing with water. If I ride on the canal tow path on the bike and only just started, fresh and composed, there is no effect. But once done a few miles, got a sweat on and heart pumping I can feel something like magnetic as if the water is trying to pull me on the bike towards it. It draws you towards it

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply TheRedneck.

So if you were to demonstrate dowsing in a field where water pipes were known, even if you knew where they would be and expected the rods to 'do their thing' they would still do so without conscious or unconscious bias if you had the skill to dowse?

I asked this, because to test it for ourselves, one of the easiest way to know if it was working would be to try it over known water sources.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That would seem to indicate a psychological component. But I know in my case, the psychological component was geared toward disproving the idea. I'm a research engineer... when I experiment, I'm trying to fail. That gives more credence to the experiment results if I succeed.

Not discounting what you're suggesting here... just analyzing. I'd like to know how and why it works.

TheRedneck

Ummm...strange that you mention that...my application of eastern cultivation practice was also geared to attempting to disprove such...nonsense...
The opposite happened...I've experienced some very bizarre and presently unquantifiable circumstances and occurrences...

Some very powerful stuff...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yep, I tried them myself years ago. They work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join