It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
a reply to: halfoldman My wife's uncle visited us before we put in our house. I was talking to him about where we should put the well. He was 81 at the time. He reached up, snapped off some apple tree branches, and proceeds to walk around the property. He suddenly stopped, and both of the branaches practically came out of his hands, and he reached down and put a rock there.

"150 feet down, you will get at least 15 gallons a minute, and it's an underground stream, you should never run out."

Drilled the well. 160 feet, and 16 gallons a minute, and it's never ran dry even filling a 33,000 gallon pool several times.

I've witnessed it, I know it works, no idea HOW it works.

Fred..

He was messing with you. How deep did the USGS records indicate the water table was that year?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Rapha

Its all scientific

Show me a controlled, double blind experiment which demonstrates efficacy beyond chance.

That's science.

Well here's a nice thesis for you www.dtic.mil...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

Thanks. I've seen that one.
One guy did a bit better than chance and the null could not quite be rejected (it was very close). The thesis candidate himself points out some problems with the execution. With other experiments with more trials and more subjects those statistical bumps go away.

Good experiment though. I hope he passed.
edit on 5/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74Yeah, right. Retired coal miner who had not stepped into a library since 1960

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
a reply to: anton74Yeah, right. Retired coal miner who had not stepped into a library since 1960

That would explain how he knew how deep to drill. I bet he also knew that you could have picked a random spot in a couple mile radius and had the same results. Don't you think it might have been possible that he was having a bit of fun?

Depending on the local geology and uniformity of the water table, it could have been nearly impossible for him to be wrong.

Sometimes Grandparents like to have fun too.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Question for you...

Do you believe in God?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes of course it is; take two stiff pieces of wire... two stiff tubes... bend into a 90 degree to fit the tubes aim them in front of you... and slowly walk as the point straight out. When they cross. Place a rock, go the same distance away in the next cardinal direction then do the same, place another rock... keep doing this until you zero in.

Basically that is where a well/cistern can be placed on the property. Why do this? If you do not? It will create sink holes.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Question for you...

Do you believe in God?

Nope. I'm agnostic atheist.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG
Basically that is where a well/cistern can be placed on the property. Why do this? If you do not? It will create sink holes.

WTF? Not true.

I didnt even realize that was a thing. Learn something new every day.
edit on 15-5-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smashdem

Really? It's probably the most popular atheist belief to hold. Though I can kind of understand since many Agnostic Atheists will just shorten the term to just Atheist, but technically they are likely Agnostic too. Here you go:
Agnostic atheism

Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

The agnostic atheist may be contrasted with the agnostic theist, who believes that one or more deities exist but claims that the existence or nonexistence of such is unknown or cannot be known.[1][2][3]

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The ol' god is dead before he or she he/she turns up line huh?

Sickness old age and death strikes at every Tao So/Lao So could ever tie up...

My Bonnie lies over the ocean; my Connie lays over the sea.

No one said evry one had to live in the same place... so it's a good idea to save the vocal ammunition; as deaf ears swallow no beers and the bears still play a Chicago like some old Red Sox.

Don't mind me Ima; Phillies fan that spins clockwise for up and counter for down.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

What are you getting at?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

lol, bebog has some insight.

I knew agnostic and atheist, just never heard the two combined as far as I recall. It seems contradictory to me to acknowledge that there may be a possibility for a deity and at the same time denying the possibility, at least as I currently understand the subject. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Schrödinger's cat god?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It was a bite off of Friedrich Nietzsche... in the God is dead; when someone asked the question Is God real? Take God out and all that is left; Is real... or Israel.

lol we all create and destroy although the rates vary... and well the charges always seem to be trumped whether up or down, depends on the feet if there are no legs to stand on?

Fly away...

If no one has you in a grasp get a grip...

I suppose something a bit worse than plagiarism is re-pagerism: re-writing the same old tune to a different flute. But HA! most are guilty of that... as say it in your own words; is a bit too funny to clown about.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smashdem

That isn't what the term is suggesting. The two terms actually deal with two different philosophies so they are completely compatible. Atheism is just a lack of belief in a deity. Agnosticism is saying that there is no way to know if a god exists or not. The reason these two are compatible is because atheism at no point is saying that the person knows god definitively doesn't exist. It is saying that the person just doesn't believe. In effect, agnostic atheism is probably the most logic position you can take on deity existence. Logically, the evidence is lacking to believe, so Occam's Razor suggests disbelief. However, at the same time there is no way to know this is true or not so agnosticism leaves the door open for changing your views if evidence is supplied that shows a god exists.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not even sure what people are talking about when they use the word "God."

Something may or may not be in a box, and nobody can tell you for sure what that something even is. Who would believe in that?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm not even sure what people are talking about when they use the word "God." ...

Simple, I'll explain it for you...straight up!!

Show me a "double blind", "controlled", scientific study with "controls" and not "anecdotal" evidence which proves GOD exists.

Well?????

ETA...oh, and the thing in the box? Well, it might be a live cat, or possibly a dead cat...or possibly the box has nothing at all inside. Some Austrian dude came up with that paradox. OR, Some other dudes (and dudettes) from PETA snuck in and stole the cat before he could complete his 'evil' thought experiment!
edit on 5/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Finally a thread I am qualified to add to. I am a third generation water well driller with 20 plus years experience. I have personally drilled over 1000 water wells in my lifetime. In the southern 2/3 of (undisclosed) county Texas where I live and work I could "dowse", "divine", or "witch" as we call it here a water well within 5% of total depth with no wires, tree branches, or occult knowledge of any kind. The water formations are laterally continuous (everywhere, just drill deep enough and know my geology). The northern 2/3 are beyond the outcrop zone of the aquifer and "spotty" meaning hit and miss with zero to low yield (0.5-5 gallons per minute)

I have personally drilled dozens of dry holes on "witched" spots. I have personally drilled dry holes in spots picked by older gentlemen with a reputation for divining water. I always inform my customers in areas where water may or not be available that I cannot guarantee we will hit water. I have never encountered a "witched" location that I thought was any better than a spot picked randomly considering convenience and state spacing regulations. Ever. Having said all of that, I will tell you what I tell my customers.

I have never seen evidence that witching is effective at all, but it can't hurt anything as long as I have my proper distance to your septic tank and property lines. (your experience may vary)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dough88

Interesting, and great contribution to this thread!

Were I to drill a water well tomorrow (at my cost) and we had two locations chosen, one by me using a witch and the other by yourself using your expertise and local knowledge, and these two locations were drastically different, I would likely opt for your location over mine. The key point here being, 'at my cost'.

So, while I believe the phenomenon works and I would like to understand it better, I'm not sure it would trump professional expertise in the moment. Just the engineer in me coming out I guess.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Despite what the disinfo shills keep hawking, yes water divination is real, I use pin flags. Once found a 20 Metre deep water line with it, after 2 days of hydrovaccing they found the line straight down from where I marked.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join