It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Due to Cape Town's water crisis, the property owner invested in a water bore-hole.

I first thought it was nonsense, but they came with three trucks, and sunk a bore-hole.

How did they find the water vein?
You won't believe me.
With water-dowsing!

Had some time off and watching this huge engineering procedure.
And there's my dad walking before the house with two L-shaped wires.

"No, when I walk here, the wires in my hands turn down".
OK, now I must try it.

And yeah, held those simple L-shaped wires (like an old clothes-hanger), and by Odin, they turned downwards in my hands!
It works!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It's skilled work but certainly works, you could spend time learning how and make yourself a fortune in the current climate.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I concur. The "coat hangers" work. I'm not sure if science has ever figured it out but it's legit.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well a firm with three monster trucks trusts it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's strange, science can't explain it yet old men with skills can do it, I watched a guy find water on a property I lived on a couple of years ago, it was fast, accurate and fascinating .

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Many years ago when I worked construction we had to find an underground water pipeline before digging to lay down a foundation.

Our foreman found it with the tried and true method of the "L" shaped metal rods, one in each hand.

(the rods didn't dip downward, they swiveled outward)

He said it worked due to the electromagnetic field the water created by flowing through the metal pipes.

edit on 11-5-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have seen it work, I was skeptical until I saw the Y-branch break in half half way up the front pointing stem. I also knew there was an underground river there, my uncle followed it, the stick was bobbing all over the place. I had seen others use the stick and rods before, but I wasn't convinced that it was real till I saw my uncle witching. I cannot do it, I tried many times. Some people are good at it.

I read lots of articles that tried to disclaim this, they were not conducted properly, I researched how they detect water with special scientific equipment, the tests they were creating would even make the very expensive technology not work.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Many years ago when I worked construction we had to find an underground water pipeline before digging to lay down a foundation.

Our foreman found it with the tried and true method of the "L" shaped metal rods, one in each hand.

(the rods didn't dip downward, they swiveled outward)

He said it worked due to the electromagnetic field the water created by flowing through the metal pipes.

That's true. Water transports ions with negative and positive charge. Whenever anything with electrical charge moves it creates an electromagnetic field. There are some water meters that work on exactly this principle. They don't need anything inserted in a pipe. It just wraps around part of the water pipe. Electromagnetism follows the right
en.wikipedia.org...

This might be an explanation for leigh lines and those stone carvings of spirals and lines. Now the tricky part is explaining how such a small field can influence human muscles and divining rods.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
In my old pseudoscience and the paranormal uni class, they brought in a dowser; likely to discredit him as the class had a seriously skeptical bent.

He found every pipe in the building and grounds ...and one that was not on the newer schematics, but existed on an older set.

Since then, I've seen it used successfully.

It surprised me back when... but no more.

Materialism is useful, but it ain't the truth of the matter, imo.

edit to add: tho dowsing may well me "materialistic" and based on unknown physics/biology.
edit on 5/11/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I experimented with dosing rods. My setup was two wire clothes hangers bent into 'L' shapes. I cut a plastic straw in half and inserted the straws in the short part of the bend so they would move freely. What I discovered was when my hands were moved very slightly downward from the horizonal the dowsing rods would cross. When my hands moved very slightly upward from the horizontal the rods separated. I am not convinced that dowsing works any different from random or chance.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Now to make sure proper conservation of water is followed through!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Many years ago, a friend came up to my house and the conversation turned to 'water-witching.' He was a big believer in it and I thought it was a load of cow persimmons. So he told me he could have me 'witching' with just a couple of coat hangers. I said prove it.

He unbent the clothes hangers and cut off the twisted ends. Then he re-bent them into two big 'L' shapes, maybe a foot on one leg and a couple of feet on the other. He put the short legs in my hands so the wires were pointing straight out and we took a walk.

I was determined to make sure he couldn't prove what I just knew was a load of bologney. So here I go traipsing across our place holding these wires. Before I got 100 feet, they crossed. A few feet later, they uncrossed. By themselves. Against my will.

So I figured OK, I just happened to move the right way and they responded to those little movements humans make while walking across unpaved land. No biggie. Then I remembered: there is a water line running right about where they crossed! We have water lines buried all over this place to pump water from the wells to where we need it, and that one supplied the house I was living in.

Coincidence... had to be coincidence! So I kept walking, this time concentrating on making damn sure I was holding the wires so they wouldn't cross... just a slight angle that made them want to stay open. In a few minutes, it happens again despite that small angle I was holding them at. Another water line.

The third time it happened, I laughed. There was no water line there! At least I didn't think there was until my friend pointed out the faucet nearby we rarely used... I had found a water line had forgotten was there!

That went on for a good while, and we wound up walking 20 feet from the treeline through a hayfield. Suddenly, the wires slammed together so hard it hurt my hands! We kept walking, and 100 feet later, they flew back apart. We had found part of the stream that feeds our main well.

Dowsing, witching, whatever you want to call it... it works!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're an engineer. You should know better.

Show me a double blind study with controls, not anecdotal evidence.

edit on 5/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No.

Get yer butt to Bama and I'll show you. I run experiments for things I do not already know.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Controlled? Double blind?

I'm there, dude.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You are lucky...My uncle could do it but usually used a forked willow stick... I could hold his hand and the stick would turn down with me being on one leg of the fork...But by myself I would still be walking since childhood with no result...

On one of our farms we had a well witched.. The guy who did it said the depth and the location; which was correct...That well supplied great drinking water and never went dry.... So... I can not explain it but have seen it done with my own eyes... Any doubter who can see it done by a pro will have a rude awakening (Phage) IMO.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Controlled.

Double blind.

Those words mean something and are important.

Can I design the experiment?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Dowsing depends upon how much static electricity freely flows through a persons body.

Its all scientific yet scientists do not admit it.

Water takes the easy path through rock via fractured mineral veins with positive valency minerals like CU++, ZN++, FE++ etc.

Static electricity (electrons) flow through everyone and naturally tries to neutralize the positive valency minerals below the person's feet. That is when either the steel rods cross or point down.

Miners use to do this when mapping mineral (copper, tin) veins down in Zennor, Cornwall, UK in the 18th century.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Its all scientific

Show me a controlled, double blind experiment which demonstrates efficacy beyond chance.

That's science.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How would you set that up?

In 26 years of teaching an archaeological field school my boss and I tested over 2000 students. Eighty percent of those people who tried were able to use the L-shaped coat hangers. The records are all in our field notes.

It is a useful skill to acquire if you're going to go about digging in the dirt. I've "witched" pipes with water and without water, un-used septic tanks... It helps you avoid some nasty surprises.

The majority of the population can do it if taught. I suppose that someday science will write a paper explaining and thus making it "real" but I don't need a double blind study. To those who can't do it, it remains in the realm of magic.

I remember a few years ago when somebody paid scientists millions of dollars to figure out why some people can remove warts by simply rubbing them. Yet in the days of my childhood every kid knew that if they got a wart they could go to Granny Jackson and she'd rub it away. And give you a cookie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join