It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyess B-1 damaged

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You know there were times we had parts come in through supply that did not fit the airplane, were not talking once or twice it was a literal roll of the dice to see if we could use the parts we did manage to get.

The retirement of this plane cant come fast enough for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
46 days and counting.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It'll be a few days before I get back through to check on 109, but the rest of the fleet was cleared to resume flight operations beginning today.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Zap,
Have you seen this?
theaviationist.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yeah, I read it yesterday.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I wouldn't have wanted to be the guy sitting on a misfired ejection seat. A little pucker factor there.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"Come on AC, let's grease this thing in....." Heh.

"Don't bounce, don't bounce."

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Probably needed a Proctologist to remove his seat cushion. I remember the A-6 landing on a carrier with the B/N sticking through the canopy because of a misfired seat.

Then there was the maintenance guy in the A-7 when the seat fired in the hangar bay of the Ranger.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hawaii ORI where the IG popped the Eagle Canopy sitting in parking.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Did the seat on the Eagle fire? The guy on the Ranger was sitting in the seat when it fired. Avionics tech fixing a communications problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It armed, but didn't fire. He pulled the handle to lock the canopy after they closed it, and blew the canopy off and armed the seats.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yesterday, at Dyess, Air Force Strike Command presented Maj. Christopher N. Duhon, instructor pilot, Capt. Matthew Sutton, Weapons system officer instructor, 1st Lt. Joseph Welch, student pilot, and 1st Lt. Thomas C. Ahearn, a student Weapons System Officer at the time with the Distinguished Flying Cross for their actions during the in flight emergency on May 1st.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The aircraft at Midland is 86-109. In an interesting turn of events, I just took pictures of 86-110 flying as Slayer1, landing at Dyess just after declaring an emergency. In the words of the pilot they were going to need fire support because they were probably going to burn the brakes up stopping, but should be able to taxi off the runway.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A portion of the ejection seat was crimped, most likely through deformation of parts around it. When the handles on the seat were pulled, the signal never reached the activator. A secondary method to activate the seats was found, which is why the grounding was lifted. They're working on a T.O. change now to fix the issue.

taskandpurpose.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join