It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying Nero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nero makes great Windows burning software, however, if you purchase the retail version, you get lots of popup ads pumped into your task scheduler. This is super annoying from a purchased tool. Nero is a utility, and should just stay quiet and perform tasks that you invoke, especially for the $69 (full version) that I paid for.

I disable the popup ads by uninstalling Nero Info (Programs and Features).

Just thought I would let others know, if you are afflicted by this. I do not know of any other purchased retail software tools that will do this to you on a regular basis. Shame on you Nero.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What a piece of "work" Nero has became

Here

Unwanted advertising popups with purchased product.

This is an old , old forum page . There is a remedy for that on the page
I cannot guarantee it still works . Not much risk in what they suggest though as you can simply undo the process.

I used to use Nero all the time back in the days when I burned CDs
Now , I just use Daemon Tools to create ISOs and store em on a hdd . Or , cheap USB drives.

edit on 5/11/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I used nero early-mid 2000s I used the Lite version because just like most other tools back then it got overbloated with crap and unintuitive menu structures.

I quickly changed to CDBurnerXP, I remember it was available as an nLite-install for XP back then.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Two great bits of freeware.....

www.dvdflick.net...

infrarecorder.org...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Bin it when when your license lapses because there are plenty of free apps that do the same thing and don't pester with pop-ups.

InfraRecorder is a free CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration. InfraRecorder is released under GPL version 3.

I used to use InfraRecorder which is free, opensource and has no built-in BS or nags.

There are others too.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yea, I prefer PowerISO. I purchased Nero because people I am working with want any DVD media burned by this program. Too verbose and lots of unwanted fluff.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Ah gotcha

It's a ceaseless pain in the ass having to use proprietorial software for work.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Nero makes great Windows burning software, however, if you purchase the retail version, you get lots of popup ads pumped into your task scheduler. This is super annoying from a purchased tool. Nero is a utility, and should just stay quiet and perform tasks that you invoke, especially for the $69 (full version) that I paid for.

I disable the popup ads by uninstalling Nero Info (Programs and Features).

Just thought I would let others know, if you are afflicted by this. I do not know of any other purchased retail software tools that will do this to you on a regular basis. Shame on you Nero.

I have always uninstalled the entire Nero suite ever since the mess that was Nero Scout. Usually you have to use something like Revo Uninstaller (free) to really remove all the cruft, as Nero's uninstaller seems to leave a lot of stuff behind.

There are several extremely lean and functional free apps, without any included 'malvertizing', and that outperform the bloatware that Nero has become.

new topics

top topics

join