It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon accused of lying about US casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

Pentagon Accused Of
Lying About US Casualties
Puerto Rican Facilities To Start Receiving
Overflow Of Wounded Soldiers
Prensa Latina - Havana Cuba
2-18-5

NEW YORK (Prensa Latina) - The US Pentagon has failed to make public all the human cost of its war against Iraq, especially regarding soldiers with mental disorders, according to an article in Wednesday's El Diario/La Prensa.

The newspaper noted that the international press is reporting the total number of US casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan between 42,000 and 142,000 -- including all those killed in action, wounded, or suffering illnesses.

It added that Puerto Rico is about to start to receiving wounded and sick soldiers as part of a program to ease cramming in regular medical installations.

The decision to use Puerto Rican facilities coincides with an international controversy that threatens to reveal the disastrous situation the Pentagon would rather not make public, the newspaper said.

I wonder if this is true. Can a Cuban newspaper be beleived? How can we check Puerto Rico to see if this is true?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i believe it, we are really losing this war...it lik nam all over again, including the government lying about casualties... i mean why would the cubans lie...they gain nothin

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I wonder if this is true. Can a Cuban newspaper be beleived? How can we check Puerto Rico to see if this is true?

Be prepared for long loading time the site is real slow and I do mean slow big time over cable.

www.plenglish.com...[0CEA79D6-A25A-450E-9710-6D6631AA8A2C]&EN

Also the site is cuban media controlled news source hardly what I would consider as credable.

Prensa Latina (PL), with headquarters in Havana, Cuba, was founded in 1959 shortly after the triumph of the Cuban Revolution. After four decades of experience covering timely events in Latin America and the world, today PL offers 24-hour daily wireless news with the most updated (up-to-the-minute) current events, supported by 22 bureaus stationed overseas and over a hundred foreign contributors, mainly in Latin America.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
155k troops over there now and 140k or so casualties? The needle on my BS-ometer just bent when it hit the 10 from that post...

i dont want the war at all but thats propaganda and is as wrong as the propaganda we use.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will make a phone call home and find out if this is true, after all the main Navy base has been closed and it could be used for something like that.

Also the only other base working as military is buchanna Army base, and is not big enough for a large amount of soldiers.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you, Marg. It would be nice to get to the bottom of this story.

I personally, dont trust the Cuban news, but you never know.

new topics

join