It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Sadler is right, McCain's opinion is irrelevant at this point

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's funny how the best Trump supporters can do to justify his administration's actions is to bring up Hillary like she is some paragon of the Left. But she isn't. That's she lost to Obama. That's why she lost to Trump. And that's why she would have lost to Bernie if the DNC didn't rig the primary.

Guess what? Most on the Left don't hold Hillary up on a pedestal. Much like most of Trump's votes were not-Hillary votes, most votes for Hillary were not-Trump votes.

So stop using her as a strawman to explain away Trump's mistakes.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Stop obsessing over POTUS and using "Trump" to explain/distract every time Hillary is brought up.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's funny how the best Trump supporters can do to justify his administration's actions is to bring up Hillary like she is some paragon of the Left. But she isn't. That's she lost to Obama. That's why she lost to Trump. And that's why she would have lost to Bernie if the DNC didn't rig the primary.

Guess what? Most on the Left don't hold Hillary up on a pedestal. Much like most of Trump's votes were not-Hillary votes, most votes for Hillary were not-Trump votes.

Oh you sweet summer child...if you take Hillary away from carewemust he will virtually cease to exist. For some, it's all they have and you can pry Hillary from their cold, dead hands.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turkenstein
a reply to: Boadicea

I guarantee if this shoe was on Trumps foot the media would be calling for his resignation. They would be discrediting his ability to make decisions based on the diagnosis alone.
What? They already do that, lol.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

Oh you sweet summer child...if you take Hillary away from carewemust he will virtually cease to exist. For some, it's all they have and you can pry Hillary from their cold, dead hands.
Oh your poor snowflake, Trump will be in power for 7 more years, more whining and crying 😔😏

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Kharron

And I respect what he did for this country. There is no doubting that. However, that doesn't excuse him from criticism (including blunt truths), because when he decided to put himself out there in such a petty & negative way, he accepted the push back that came with it.

You can't continue to pummel (whether releasing patently false documents to abuse the legal system or making petty jabs) someone every single day and expect them to remain silent simply because a dishonorable liar happened to make one good decision and served in the US armed forces.

Simple fact is, our hero patriot vets and former POWs largely get by day to day without using their sacrifice as ammunition against our duly elected President - save one: John S. McCain. Once again, he will always have compartmentalized respect for that service. Excluding that, my opinion as written above is very clear.

You're a disgrace JBurns and you just lost all credibility with me. Have a great life.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ugh, McCain. I havent paid attention to him in 15 years. Hes a neocon who never met a war he didnt like. Furthermore, he is not authentic. All of his domestic views were manufactured to give him the broadest appeal among general voters. He also strategically liked to throw fellow Republicans under the bus for more popularity with left leaning media and to be able to claim positions that give him a broader appeal.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Oh your poor snowflake, Trump will be in power for 7 more years, more whining and crying 😔😏

Lol! 7 more years of watching trump supporters happily open their mouths so trump can take a big # in it, all for "libruls" to be annoyed by the smell... Winning!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Sorry to hear that, your choice of course.

Have a great life.

I do and will. Thank you though.

Doesn't change the fact that McCain disgraced himself and dishonored our country by lying repeatedly and attempting to obstruct the duly elected President. Apparently McCain thought his pop-culture outrage (actually, jealousy that he can't win Presidential elections) was more important than saving the Constitution from liberal SCOTUS justices, liberal judicial appointees and liberal deconstruction of the Republic.

McCain is complicit in their attempts to revert our great Republic to a mob-ruled, pop-culture Democracy. We may be *Democratic* but we are certainly not a Democracy. Tyranny by majority is just as detestable as any other tyranny. If 99% of the population can join together and vote to limit any unalienable right, it is a tyranny.
edit on 5/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Winning indeed, appreciate you noticing though!

Despite his long list of accomplishments, his SCOTUS/federal judicial appointments will stand on their own accord for at least one entire generation. That alone is worthwhile, and nothing can take that away from us. And thanks to precedent, many of the defining issues of our time will be hashed out by our majority SCOTUS.

So yeah, too much winning. Almost. But since winning is good for America and Americans, it can never be "too much"

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think McCain can still have votes cast by proxy. Unfortunately the Senate is not doing anything this year however. It's like they've been on vacation since passing tax reform in December 2017.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Lol! 7 more years of watching trump supporters happily open their mouths so trump can take a big # in it, all for "libruls" to be annoyed by the smell... Winning!

Well said , for a 5th grader,
Leave that kind of talk on the playground , please.(or back alleys)
ATS deserves better from you.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'd just like to know what the poster above was actually referencing? I hear them say all the time how "we vote against our own interests" but that one is easy: no we don't, we may vote against *their* particular interests, but certainly not our own.

My little slice of the pie has done nothing but grow since Trump took office. And every single "cause" I care about (namely: amendments 1-10, Bill of Rights) has done nothing but gain ground.

CVRxxxx will ignore what I wrote here, since it goes against their general narrative, but I for one am extremely happy with President Trump. One success and win after the other.

And unlike them, as a person who doesn't expect anything much Government (other than not attempting to infringe on our unalienable rights) this government is doing great.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

My tax returns just proved it
And my pay check stub more so

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'd just like to know what the poster above was actually referencing?

I try to follow the ATS motto.
I find it impossible in some cases .

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
McCain's pro military stance was a good counter to Obama, who wanted to take away their ability to defend America.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kelly Sadler spoke similarly to how Hillary Clinton said that the Ambassador and brave soldiers killed in Benghazi were no longer relevant. "At this point what difference does it make!", Hillary declared.

Were both Kelly and Hillary accurate in their statements?

You mean this quote?

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

edit on 11-5-2018 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Bitter old man who didn't get his power and glory moment just trying to take everyone down he can on his way out, great that she pointed this out!

His snub of The President at his funeral was uncalled for and stinks of bitterness.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Kelly Sadler spoke similarly to how Hillary Clinton said that the Ambassador and brave soldiers killed in Benghazi were no longer relevant. "At this point what difference does it make!", Hillary declared.

You mean this quote?

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

You mean the quote where she was essentially pointing out "what difference does it make how it happened" when they LIED about why it happened and blamed it on a youtube video when they knew the truth but couldn't tell it to the American people?

Yea, that quote. Thanks for trotting it out again so we can see yet another Obama administration flat out lie, helped along by Hillary. But hey... what difference does it make? LOL

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Pyle

You mean this quote?

You mean the quote where she was essentially pointing out "what difference does it make how it happened" when they LIED about why it happened and blamed it on a youtube video when they knew the truth but couldn't tell it to the American people?

Yea, that quote. Thanks for trotting it out again so we can see yet another Obama administration flat out lie, helped along by Hillary. But hey... what difference does it make? LOL

Jeeze doubling down when shown wrong... a bold but also a failure of a move. Yes in deed what difference did it make when they cared more about finding those people then why they did what they did i . But PLEASE keep repeating the GOP propaganda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join