It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Sadler is right, McCain's opinion is irrelevant at this point

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
McCain's illness and likely impending death (as a result of specified illness) coupled with his disappearance from the Senate means Kelly Sadler is 100% correct. McCain's petty & factually inaccurate anti-Trump rhetoric/opposition is meaningless.

The fact Kelly Sadler pointed this out is great. Since CNN and other outlets have been attacking her constantly (as part of the back and forth effort to sabotage parties on both sides of the aisle), this is illustrated the need to stand behind Kelly entirely.

McCain is a shameful embarassment. Plenty of other people have served this country with distinction, honor and most importantly humility. These folks don't feel the need to weaponize that service (one of the few decent things McCain ever did) in order to attack our President. The fact this man has occupied public office for so many years (desperately holding onto power for personal gain) and has now turned his back on the GOP shows exactly how much loyalty losers like McCain had. Jeff Flake and Corker have already been run out of congress, and it is a shame McCain wasn't too.

He's an embarrassment. He's a failed politician. And I'm ashamed to call McCain an American. I don't wish sickness on anybody, but there certainly won't be a single tear shed on this end. And for our nation/party/Constitution/agenda? It says good riddance.

*Any person who would politicize their own hypothetical death isn't deserving of compassion or sympathy. If McCain truly give a sh## about this country, he'd have resigned from the Senate the SECOND it was clear he wouldn't be able to return and do his JOB on behalf of the people of AZ. Another pathetic swamp creature holding onto power at the people's expense. And for the State of AZ, who overwhelming supported POTUS Trump in 2016, this is especially insulting. Folks are sick and tired of the same old BS, and McCain... you are the same old BS political hack.

And stop hiding behind your military service. That singular fact is appreciated. But it doesn't grant you special privileges. Doesn't make you immune to criticism. And doesn't rescind others' right to "fight back" when you decide to levy untrue and vindictive allegations.

My hope is that McCain's legacy goes down as 1) a waste of space in the Senate and 2) a politically jealous hack (jealous due to his own election failure) who aided and abetted the enemies of America to attack the President. In the timeless words of President Obama: "at least I will go down in history as a President." Well McCain, at least Trump will go down in history as a United States President, vastly unlike yourself.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He's part of what's wrong with America.

edit on 11-5-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly OP. I don't wish ill will on anyone. But for someone who has wrecked untold damages across the globe I won't shed a tear for this person...

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You will have to wait a few minutes for the libs to get here to defend McCain. It takes them a while to twist themselves into a logical pretzel.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Kelly Sadler is right, McCain's opinion is irrelevant at this point

Um... not really. As long as McCain is still the sitting senator for the people of Arizona and is still able to cast votes according to those opinions, then his opinions are very relevant.

In this particular case, i.e., torture in general and Haspel's confirmation in specific, McCain is voting the will of many of the people of Arizona. I don't have numbers, so I cannot tell you what percentages -- not for Republicans and not for the population as a whole. But I can tell you that his position against torture had much support across party lines, and I would guess that his objection to Haspel's appointment does as well and for the same reason.

You may not consider the will of the people of Arizona relevant, or that the "opinion" and therefore vote of our sitting senator is relevant, but we sure do. We have a right to representation too.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I couldnt agree more. My whole family served, most died in one of the last few wars. He is no conservative, in fact hes nothing more than an angry obstructionist and an arms dealer to murderers. I cannot for the life of me understand how he gets reelected.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Someone's illness or death doesn't make their opinions irrelevant.

Stephen Hawkins is dead, people still study his theories. JFK is dead, but his words are still relevant. MLK is dead, we still respect his words and actions as relevant.

Justice Antonin Scalia is dead, but that didn't stop the GOP from insisting that his replacement be of the same "conservative" mindset.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Kelly Sadler was just being A Maverick!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
McCain probably has cancer pressing on his brain. He is probably all messed up on medications at this point and his judgement has been compromised for many months, even possibly for over a year. He should have resigned quite a while ago. I do not believe his judgement is good. My dad died of brain cancer, he was kind of not right for about a year before the first major sign something was wrong, I think he knew something was wrong.

I do not think we should be talking bad about McCain for what he has been doing in the last year. Pick on what he did wrong before that point, do not judge him by what he has done when he had the brain cancer causing him problems. People who are compromised do not realize they are compromised.

McCain made his share of mistakes and ego trips before he got this problem, consider those mistakes as relevant. I have nothing against McCain personally, probably because I do not know him. I do not think he would have been a good president even before this happened to him. He chose Palin as his running mate, what more can I say.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm listening to Shepard Smith on Fox News right now. He speaking like John McCain was the best war hero America has ever produced.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Did John McCain ever apologize for killing 123 sailors when he ignited something on his jet that caused an aircraft carrier to catch fire?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I guarantee if this shoe was on Trumps foot the media would be calling for his resignation. They would be discrediting his ability to make decisions based on the diagnosis alone.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Kelly Sadler spoke similarly to how Hillary Clinton said that the Ambassador and brave soldiers killed in Benghazi were no longer relevant. "At this point what difference does it make!", Hillary declared.

Were both Kelly and Hillary accurate in their statements?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What she said was rude.

But I guess we're firing people now because they are rude.

The whole damned world has turned into Snowflakistan.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Regardless of his actual mental state, his opinion still matters. Until the people of Arizona deem otherwise, he is a Senator with full voting ability.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is what's wrong with this country, and it's truly sad. There is no respect for anyone any more, and appearing on TV suddenly gives credibility to people without any.

Who is Kelly Sadler? Assistant to DJT? Majored in Chinese language, did journalism. Served in the military?

And even if you don't agree with McCain, this man served this country, and all of us. Almost died for it. The fact that some nobody loudmouth can attack a decorated veteran and be lauded for it is beyond sad.

But I know why she feels she can do it -- because the President, who ran away from serving in the military multiple times, set a precedent for her.

I fully expect all of you who are acting with no dignity here to remain completely silent on Veteran's Day and Memorial Day. Disgraceful.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

McCain being gone is a blessing. The man has a brain tumor. We can't listen to anything this man says. The tumor could be messing with his mind. (I am trying to be nice)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

And I respect what he did for this country. There is no doubting that. However, that doesn't excuse him from criticism (including blunt truths), because when he decided to put himself out there in such a petty & negative way, he accepted the push back that came with it.

You can't continue to pummel (whether releasing patently false documents to abuse the legal system or making petty jabs) someone every single day and expect them to remain silent simply because a dishonorable liar happened to make one good decision and served in the US armed forces.

Simple fact is, our hero patriot vets and former POWs largely get by day to day without using their sacrifice as ammunition against our duly elected President - save one: John S. McCain. Once again, he will always have compartmentalized respect for that service. Excluding that, my opinion as written above is very clear.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

i'm ashamed that you're an American.

are you actually butt hurt because he dare go against trump? ( a politically jealous hack jealous due to his own election failure) who aided and abetted the enemies of America to attack the President.)

wow, you key board warriors are something else..

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turkenstein
a reply to: Boadicea

I guarantee if this shoe was on Trumps foot the media would be calling for his resignation. They would be discrediting his ability to make decisions based on the diagnosis alone.

I don't doubt that! And I know some have questioned McCain's judgment and mental faculties, but I haven't seen anything more than that. As in no real challenges to fitness for office. That might change though. Who knows?

It's a weird situation. The governor (who would appoint a replacement, if it comes to that) and McCain are not exactly on the same page about a lot of things, although both are Republicans. Gov Ducey refuses to listen or talk about any replacements for McCain... and McCain might really believe he'll be back in DC at some point. I can't imagine McCain would approve of anyone Ducey would appoint to his seat, altho I expect Ducey would love being able to appoint his guy/gal to the seat.

<<   2 >>

join