It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Reported On High School Campus In Palmdale Ca.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Anyone know if this may have been gang violence and not a "school shooting" (in the sense this term conjures up)

Saw several folks posting comments on Social Media indicating this was a possibility

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Give the guy a break, apparently no one ever asked his permission to change his diaper.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Give the guy a break, apparently no one ever asked his permission to change his diaper.

Butterfinger, the lefty-lunacy is beyond comparison. Fortunately real-world parents ignore morons like that Australian woman. Otherwise, we'd have a lot of sick and abused infants due to serious medical problems arising from their lack of ability to consent

Apparently this Australian feminist "genius" has never heard of "implied consent"

Word of the day for lefties: implied consent

Any person who would conflate basic healthcare/parenting of an infant with disgusting abusive sexual crimes proves their own obsession with sex/sexual abuse and total lack of knowledge RE: parenting.

^I would wager she doesn't have any children of her own, and perhaps this is the Lord's way of protecting the integrity of the world's gene pool.
edit on 5/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 11-5-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Still no word on criminal gang involvement? From the sounds of this incident (and the reports of severe gang invasiveness in the area) I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

14 sounds a bit young, but the menace gangs have been corrupting children younger and younger and using them to commit unspeakable acts. Of course this follows a period of luring and brainwashing that enables these killers to be inducted at much younger ages.

Using a Federal death penalty to prosecute certain gang-related drug cases would go a long way to eradicating nuisances like MS-13 and other violent savage gangs. As would common-sense gun laws, allowing all law abiding Citizens (not gangsters) to carry firearms for personal defense.

The victim probably looked at the shooter the wrong way or sneezed in his general direction or something. An unstable and unintelligent gangster will shoot an innocent bystander for far less.
edit on 5/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
We have another issue here besides the Mexican gangs. Babies born addicted to drugs. So While my bet is still on this being a gang thing, it could be a mentally disturbed teen whose brain was fried in-utero.

Literally dozens of people I know though are saying they think it'll probably end up as a gang thing. Highland has had gang problems in the past. Everyone who was there has been pretty closed lipped about it so far. Especially the news, after all it was mostly unsuccessful so doesn't forward the anti gun agenda, in fact it does the opposite since our guards are armed and we have Sheriffs who are around the schools a lot, and they stopped it with only one kid injured and no one killed.

I'll keep ya all posted as I hear stuff from locals or whatever who might have been there.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

I appreciate that Lilroanie!
It is always great to see local ATS members (who are hopefully safe themselves!) reporting on these incidents. As another member said above, I'll take a live report from an ATS member as gospel, and prefer that over MSM/social media any day of the week

Be safe out there, and thank again for the updates.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Let me preface this update with, My sister just told me what people are reporting on her local group she's in that has to do with AV scanner activity, in other words this kind of stuff. It's kinda like a city wide neighborhood watch for crime and accidents. So it is NOT the official story although some comes from 'sources' in Law enforcement in the group. It's heresay at the moment. Now on to what's been related so far!

The Sheriff Assigned to Highland was still on his way to the school when this happened, but arrived shortly after the incident. He helped the security get the school locked down and clear the buildings in case the shooter was still there or there was more than one, while backup was arriving. All this was arrival time for most everyone, before school started so there weren't a ton of people there yet.

Apparently the shooters dad turned him in. Apparently he had run away the night before and after the shooting he called his dad and told him what he did and where he was(he'd run out of the school to a local grocery store and made the call). So dad called the cops to go get him and where he said he dumped the gun. They are saying something stopped him, he got spooked or had second thoughts or saw a guard or something. No one knows for sure yet what his motive was or why he left.

So the kid who got shot got grabbed by a parent and hustled down the road to the hospital, then that guy called the parents and cops to let them know where the injured kid was. So before that they knew someone was shot but that's why no one knew who for awhile, because he was already at the hospital.

So one other bit coming out was our kids instead of posting videos to twitter about a shooting were texting all their friends who hadn't arrived yet to stay away and calling the cops and telling them what they saw/heard to direct them to the kid.
I know I'm biased because as many issues as we have this is really a great place to live. I'm really proud how our kids handled themselves and how our LEOs swooped in like Batman and had this thing over in a really short time.

If I hear more I'll update since the news is "mostly" ignoring follow up. It's being talked about for like 20 second sound bites heh.

ETA: still waiting to hear if this was gang related or not. But it sounds to me like a "jump in" initiation OR a disturbed kid. No one knows yet!

edit on 5/11/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

hase Mancini ‏ @mancini_chase 17m17 minutes ago More

ANYONE CAN U SPEED THE NEWS PLEASE THERE IS A SHOOTING AT HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL IN A PALMDALE CA WE ARE SCARED WE HEARD A AUTOMATIC RIFLE AND A PISTOL SHOOTING WITH PEOPLE SCREAMING!!!!! PLEASE RETWEET LET EVERYONE KNOW I CAN'T CALL MY PARENTS I'M SCARED WE ARE ALL SCARED PLEASE

He tweeted right after that he is near high school.

So he could identify weapons just from the sound... ok.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join