It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Reported On High School Campus In Palmdale Ca.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: eveningstars242
Palmdale
Saying white male, red beanie, walking down street with bullet proof vest.

that's not the truth though, the latest report indicates that the detained person wasn't even armed.
and he was apprehended at a grocery store.
edit on 11-5-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
a reply to: Bluntone22

Except our security out here is on duty Sheriff and or armed Security! Seems like only person hurt was the suspect. So there ya go!

So not a gun free zone.
Armed security works.
Would have never guessed.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And again, Antelope Valley where this is happening is rural and lots of gun owners. On the other hand we also have a HUGE problem with Mexican Mafia/MS13 out here. AV had the first gang Task Force in CA back in the early 90s. Our Sheriffs out here rock!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

That's what the 5-0 was saying and they've gave the description twice the second time they said they were unsure if the person was armed.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Are you listening to the scanner or the news? They are still actively looking for a suspect near Manzanita according to the cops.

ETA they just cleared Manzanita. Nothing found.

edit on 5/11/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
14 yo suspect in custody at HS, no one else hurt! The student shot was hit in the arm and the shooting seems at the moment to be a dispute between the shooter and the victim.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another blueland shooting......always in the blue states. Wonder how many slaps on the wrists they gave this psycho before they snapped.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

the la county sheriff's department twitter, for the most part. i've also noticed fake tweets about this situation, making things seem worse than it is.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Guns are illegal in Cali.

Fake news.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The response to the ES was also pretty quick. My rough estimate is that the airship was overhead in less than six minutes and that ground units were already on scene because they told the airship to gain altitude due to noise issues.

Ground units made entry into the school somewhere between 4 minutes and 6 minutes.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Blue state yeah, but this area is the red part of LA county. He'll get slapped our judges out here (we have our own court house) don't f**k around. We have a HUGE issue with gangs, mostly Mexican Mafia/MS13 and they come down hard on them. I mean it's so bad if you buy a vacant house in certain areas before you take custody of it you get Sheriffs to go out and make sure the gangs haven't set up a meth lab in it.

They don't really go out of their areas much because so many of us out here are armed they tend to lose more than win /shrug. But we have drive bys and sh*t a lot in the areas these creeps have taken over. It won't suprise me AT ALL if this is gang related.

I'm hoping our towns Palmdale and Lancaster join Santa Clarita in the sanctuary lawsuit. We see what is meant by "criminal" illegals here every day because they have so much room to roam out here. Our "good" illegals out here are outnumbered a ton by the nasty ones.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

well good thing this wasn't much more.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Like I said I LOVE our Sheriffs out here! They are freakin awesome and good people and just all around rock! They don't mess around but are also just what cops everywhere should be. I don't care if LA county Sheriff has had it scandals, the guys and gals in AV are awesome and appreciated!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Everything I posted was direct from Sheriff Dept on the scanner /shrug

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It's super spread out and rural but our Sheriffs and CHP up here rock! They are the most awesome guys and gals pretty much anywhere.

It's so refreshing to hear someone praise their local law enforcement.

Thank you for the awesome local reporting.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
Yup the only people out here that diss our Cops are the criminals lol. I think of it like Pit bulls 99% are awesome dogs but because they do so much damage that's all you hear about when they go bad. Like we had a pit bill catch a burglar here and I went looking for the video and all I could find were pit bull maulings. When I finally found the video it was "The family pet" not the pitbull, doing the right thing.

So 99% of our cops do what they do for the right reasons in the right ways but we mostly hear about the bad ones because they do so much damage. I love and appreciate cops who do it for the right reasons and always will. I could tell you a million stories about our cops out here who saved the day, and very few if any bad ones worse than one having a bad day and being rude lol

ETA we had a decorated Sheriff killed here awhile back and the 14 freeway between Santa Clarita and Palmdale/Lancaster was literally LINED the whole way with residents standing to watch his procession go from LA back home up here. 10s of thousands of people paying their respects. We love them.

edit on 5/11/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The last time that I visited Palmdale was in 1983.
I found it to be a rather depressing place.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
LOL yeah in 1984 it was about 1/10 the size it is now (pop was 20-30k as opposed to now at 200k+) almost exclusively farms, ranches, acreage and a few neighborhoods that were populated by military/aerospace. The town I live in had like 400 ppl now we have over 10k just outside Palmdale. 90% of everything here back then was aerospace, cops, fire, military. In the 90s it really boomed from yuppies moving here to get mansions for the price of a cottage in LA area.

Now it's a mix of cops, fire, military, aerospace and yuppies from "down below". Not so depressing anymore, unless you are like me and miss the old community we had before the LA folks moved up here, it's like most other small/medium sized city in California. We're more like Central Cali than LA, mostly rep/conservative/2nd amendment etc.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Kids, Adults, Elderly...I like to think the photos are all inclusive. And no, this isn't funny, it's a sad fact. This won't be the last time shooting occur, anywhere.

a reply to: stosh64

The photos are On Topic...(take away "mass shooting" & it'll be more accurate)

a reply to: Black_Fox

You're right, who doesn't have issue. At least I don't go out shooting at people over my issues.

a reply to: darkwingduck

Fact is, my first photo is and will always be correct & that's the sad facts. Either one person dead or a lot, gun control will always be an issue never solved.

edit on th39Fri, 11 May 2018 13:39:04 -0500K201850431pm5 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on th43Fri, 11 May 2018 13:43:31 -0500K201853131pm5 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

Everything I posted was direct from Sheriff Dept on the scanner /shrug

I sure hope the mods applaud you, you deserve it!

I will take a live ATS member on the ground any day over practically any other source out there in situations such as these. Having other members in a thread with LEO experience is also always appreciated as their experience can often illuminate much that might not otherwise be apparent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join