It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Aide on McCain "It Doesn't Matter, He is Dying Anyway"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: pavil

I'm going to dig deeper. I'm not trying to derail this thread. I'm simply pointing out Cult of Trump hypocrisy.

There is not one bit of difference in Don Jr's unapologetic willingness to seek out opposition research and John McCain and the Never Trump crowd's unapologetic willingness to seek out opposition research.

You call the side you oppose corrupt and accuse them of attempting to thwart democracy, while you praise and protect the side you agree with as "good democracy".
Most likely why Trump hasn't said anything about it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Ummm...you mean songbird is kicking the bucket...?

Ole wet start giving up the ghost...?

Crying shame that...I'll try to squeeze out a tear...

YouSir

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Karma exists and she’s a bitch.

Hmmmmm, if so, have you ever stopped to think that this may be McCains karma coming full circle, just saying.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is like the #hole drama. Have none of you ever gathered in a closed door meeting and voiced something you'd never say in public or to the press?
"That's ourageous and inappropriate" . Right, well, that's why they didn't say it publicly. You don't think Obama and his cabinet said things in private that sounded crass? Give me a break.

"McCain still opposes the appointment" "Who cares, he'll be dead soon anyway"

Brash? Insensitive? Rude? True? Yes, to all.

"Oh, how hurtful it must be to Cindy and the family"
Give me a break. Noone called Cindy and said, "Noone cares about John's vote because he'll be dead soon". You only heard about it because people are mucking the # like no other time in my memory trying to create a scandal. Trump didn't even quip this gem, so the best we can do is smear by association this time.

How long can people last on completely manufactured outrage? I admire the stamina of some of you.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

People die every day...why is this any different? He's a bitter old man who attempted to thwart democracy

He is a decorated US Veteran and former POW, where he was held for over 5 years in a Vietnamese Prison Camp and tortured.

He went to serve 36 years in the US Congress and Senate.

Although I have disagreed with many of his political positions, he never "thwarted democracy". He passionately fought and suffered for it every day of his life.

Your post is disgusting.

My granddad was tortured for years in a german prison camp,but I never heard of him singing like a canary from others there with him like Mccain did. The man told the VC about operations and troop movements and had to at least been responsible for a few servicemens deaths.
The man was anything but honorable.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Hmmmmm, if so, have you ever stopped to think that this may be McCains karma coming full circle, just saying.

Please show me an example of where McCain verbally expressed indifference over a situation where someone is facing death by a terminal illness. Just saying.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I respect that he served, I wont touch on his time in Hanoi since I went through survival school I understand everyone has a breaking point.

But the day he stood with terrorists and said these are good guys, and helped procure money and materials for them any good he did was dead and buried.

he was a walking talking perfect example of every single thing wrong with our government.

I wouldn't wish Cancer on anyone, but I am not going to shed a tear when he is gone.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Kelly Sadler is correct. What's the point?

As Hillary said, "At this point, what difference does it make?"

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So, everyone who gets cancer deserves it. All diseases are that person's bad karma?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

He should have retired a while back to let the people of his state have a say in their representation, but instead he has held on long past any point of sense merely to keep control of what his seat represents.

You're right -- it certainly doesn't excuse the callousness of her comment, or her lack of respect for his constituents and especially those who support him, but there is a sense among some/many(?) that McCain is holding the senate seat "hostage." At both the state and national level.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So, everyone who gets cancer deserves it. All diseases are that person's bad karma?

I never said anything of the sort but if karma were to exist, I'm sure it comes in many different flavors.

Disclaimer: I don't in any way wish ill on McCain
edit on 11-5-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Quick question, does anyone here know the last public appearance of John McCain?

I know he's released statements, but I cannot seem to find anything on his actual person being seen in public for some time.

This is the most recent thing I've seen, from last Sunday the 5th:

When former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. traveled to Senator John McCain’s Arizona ranch last Sunday to spend a few hours with his ailing friend...

Mr. Biden and his wife, Jill, were there last weekend; Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona, a Republican, and his wife, Cheryl, visited Friday; other colleagues are set to come this week and his seven children are there as often as they can. The phone calls have been even more frequent: Former President George W. Bush checked in last week...

At His Ranch, John McCain Shares Memories and Regrets With Friends

A little off topic, but I gotta say McCain couldn't have picked a more beautiful place to convalesce...

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Kelly Sadler called John McCain's daughter and apologized for her insensitive remark.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

If we know our grudge-holding McCain's, the apology will not be accepted.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They want to put a person who refuses to acknowledge that torture is immoral in a position of power.

McCain is against that.

Do the people on here that hate McCain support torture? Is your hate so overwhelming and all-encompassing that your moral compass has gone completely default?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

People die every day...why is this any different? He's a bitter old man who attempted to thwart democracy

He is a decorated US Veteran and former POW, where he was held for over 5 years in a Vietnamese Prison Camp and tortured.

He went to serve 36 years in the US Congress and Senate.

Although I have disagreed with many of his political positions, he never "thwarted democracy". He passionately fought and suffered for it every day of his life.

Your post is disgusting.

singing like a canary from others there with him like Mccain did. The man told the VC about operations and troop movements and had to at least been responsible for a few servicemens deaths.
The man was anything but honorable.

That is a lie and slandering a decorated US Veteran on his deathbed.

Disgusting post you will have to live with.

'Songbird John' McCain? No evidence McCain helped enemy in Vietnam. PANTS ON FIRE
www.politifact.com...

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

McCain was named... and yet you some how extrapolate that to mean every person that had cancer... more than a bit of leap in logic huh... like you took logic out behind the wood shed and shot it in the head then burned the body then came to your conclusion.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
This is like the #hole drama. Have none of you ever gathered in a closed door meeting and voiced something you'd never say in public or to the press?

Never said anything like this in the Whitehouse in front of the President and full staff with confidence I would still have a job when I showed up the next morning.

There is no excuse for this moral bankruptcy.

A fish stinks from the head.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I never said anything of the sort but if karma were to exist, I'm sure it comes in many different flavors.

Disclaimer: I don't in any way wish ill on McCain

If cancer is a flavor of "karma" for John McCain, then isn't cancer in any patient the same flavor of karma? Can cancer be good karma for some and bad karma for others, or is all cancer the result of bad karma?

If karma were to exist, are all diseases some flavor of karma?

Is Putin's success, having just been elected for his 4th term of President of Russia, a sign of his good flavored karma? How about Trump's election, his good karma? Is all success a sign of good karma?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ill let you in on a secret, though in your hyper emotional state I doubt you can accept it.

Everybody talked in Hanoi, some resisted longer than others, but I guarantee that every single person that was tortured eventually gave up information.

The trick was finding the will to resist the next time they came to torture you, the scuttle butt I heard was he did not have the will to resist after a point.

I am not getting my information from a new article, its what I was told in survival school for air crew for the USAF.

To sum up... you resist, then give something to make them stop before you are permanetly wrecked or killed, then the next time they come you resist again for as long as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join