It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass GUN killings in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's is one of my biggest questions with gun control... which definition of mass shooting should we use to ID things.

That's just in front of what is an assault weapon for me..

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

So, some suicidal Aussie country bumpkin took out his family with his legally owned hunting rifle, before taking himself out?

That's not a mass shooting... Its a murder-suicide domestic!

Its also a far cry from some pimple faced teenager heading down to the local high school or movie theatre and taking out 20 random people, with his legally obtained AR-15... using ammunition that he brought on sale at fricken K-mart!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You are missing the point.

The Constitution and it's Amendments limit the power of the Federal government. When it is ignored or whittled down, personal liberty gets infringed.

Those interested in that end state, cannot simply bypass those limitations under normal circumstances. The "safety" of the citizens has always been a convenient stalking horse towards that end. Think Patriot Act. The actual safety of the citizens is immaterial. It must simply have the appearance of concern.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Fools

They never will understand. You have to have humanity, mutual respect, and morals first.

Clearly someone didn't read the other replies before jumping on the bandwagon.

FYI - It was a murder/suicide of one family.

So it don't count as a mass killing?

Nothing to see here gun control advocates.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I live about 250ks from Margret River.

This is what I am hearing and subject to correction.

This shooting involves a family. The grandfather did the shootings at about 04:00 in the morning, phoned the cops and shot himself.

3 of the victims are kids under 14.

Family issues cannot be discounted. Alcohol may have been a factor.

The sort of gun used has not been released at this time as far as I know.

Terrorism can be ruled out.
edit on 11-5-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So wait one mass killing in Australia in how many years, is time to claim that gun bans are bad? How many shootings in America yearly, monthly or daily? What gives America the right to say banning guns is bad, when we are a first world country with third world gun violence?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Within the context of this incident not having a gun around could quite easily have not mattered. He could have used a car to run people down, he could have used a knife, he could have usemakeshift club.

if the grandfather lost his lolly and killed the son in law, with a gun he could just as easily have done it with a car or a knife.

Why do those who blame guns, seem to think that guns are the sole source of murder weapons ?

WHile there is much about this matter I do not know cannot help but think the grandfather snapped and having killed the son-in-in, then decided to kill the rest to get them back to gods loving care they are too good for this world.

For we know he have done what he did out of love and not hate.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Knives and clubs make killing up close and personal, he may not have been able to kill his kids that way, however we know he was able to pull a trigger from a distance . It's a reasonable assessment that killing with a gun is not as personal as it is with a knife.

As far as your closing statements go it's a bit of a stretch, killing your kids out of love is absurd and I'm not quite sure how you can reach that conclusion.

<< 1  2   >>

join